It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tesla's Death Ray question

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Well that is true, but if it requires anywhere near the amount of energy as the other link suggests, I doubt it would be possible for one man to construct one regardless

He also had several peace time uses for it, like transporting energy over large distances, and even thought of it as an alternative source of energy for civilian life.

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I doubt Russia found much use in any plans since they went on to bank so heavily on anti-aircraft missiles. They really went on to make some of the best S.A.Ms in the world. If they could have got Tesla's weapon to work like he claimed the S.A.M would have been obsolete practically overnight.

The US took all of Teslas notes after he died in 1943 so they would have had access to his "Death Ray" plans as well. We are starting to get some practical directed energy weapons now like the T.H.E.L.S and A.B.L but if those were developed off of Telsa's work it took them along time.

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Well, if the Soviets had ever developed anything along the lines of an energy weapon I doubt they would want to compromise their monopoly on it by revealing it to the world. Again, I looked into all of this out of fun, I never claimed that they do exist or at to that end that any one nation ever actually operated one.

It doesn't surprise me that it may have taken this long to harness the power of "Death Ray" tech and apply it to an operating weapons system. I'm sure it takes a solid understand of physics, and a hardcore energy source to power anything that would be able of any sort of substantial damage. Maybe we haven't possessed the required pieces until now?

I still think it's all really interesting stuff

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Just a thought but maybe the russians used Tesla's ideas and knowledge to improve their radar and tracking / missile guidance systems even if they didn't build a operational beam weapon.

The drawing of the open end vacuum chamber is very interesting to me. Its one of those things if asked to many scientist . "how do you make a sustained vacuum that is open to the atmosphere? I do not doubt that most would have said it is simply impossible with current technology. Yet here is a simple straight forward design of that very thing.

It states that this picture is a "Drawing showing a component of Tesla's beam weapon." I wonder if there are more pictures of other parts that are accessible to gain a better understanding of how it might have worked.

[edit on 21-12-2005 by Heckman]

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I wonder how much of a vacuum you could pull with it? I doubt if it would be very low. The reason I ask is that if you added some magnets, a power supply. a cathode/anode and maybe a little Argon you could make plasma. That would be a handy gizmo but I couldn't imagine you could get the pressure low enough.

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Just so you know, HAARP, in Alaska, is one of Tesla's inventions, & it can be used as a deathray.

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Really now? I've never heard of that, really does sound interesting considering the whole conspiracy around HAARP causing Katrina amongst other things.

Got any readings or links? Id like to read more about that!

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I don't have the links I used to have, since this computer is new. Old one crashed, visiting too many Top Secret website gets you bugs in your system. You're going to have to do some research & look into Tesla's patents.

I know Tesla had a patent for the ICBM, yes the Inter-Continental Ballistic Missile, back in 1907, the cell phone & pager patents back then too. There's also the Free Energy Machine, that you didn't need power lines for.

The list goes on & on & on...

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Yeah I suppose that'll happen if you start to know to much

Thanks though, that sounds mighty interesting, Ill be looking into it!

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezwaxes

I wonder how much of a vacuum you could pull with it.

I am assuming that the higher the pressure (thus more volume) of the air flowing through the device , the more vacuum. I have some experience with high pressure pneumatic equipment I'm not sure of the current limit but I had high pressure compressed air bottles filled to 5000 psi regularly. I'm sure there are allot of pneumatic variables to how the vacuum creating stem would have to be designed to get the maximum vacuum. However I would imagine that one could get quite a strong vacuum with 5000 psi blasting through a properly engineered device.

[edit on 21-12-2005 by Heckman]

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Desert Dawg
That, a perpetual motion machine he made as a boy.
It turned about half a revolution or so before stopping.

We've sucesfully created a perpetual motion machine?? I remember my physic's teacher saying it wasn't possible due to the friction. Overtime any machine would come to a hault.

posted on Dec, 31 2006 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpartanKingLeonidas
I don't have the links I used to have, since this computer is new. Old one crashed, visiting too many Top Secret website gets you bugs in your system. You're going to have to do some research & look into Tesla's patents.

I know Tesla had a patent for the ICBM, yes the Inter-Continental Ballistic Missile, back in 1907, the cell phone & pager patents back then too. There's also the Free Energy Machine, that you didn't need power lines for.

The list goes on & on & on...

I'm just finishing up the Margaret Cheney book on Tesla, "Tesla",
now published by Barnes & Nobel Books so they know what sells.

It seems from the many posts on the net they know whats in that
book.

Lyne does a good job of continuing the saga and supposing what
extra ordinary, well he says ordinary at one time, technology Tesla
used and puts some to use.

posted on Dec, 31 2006 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Heckman
I saw on a video that Tesla try ed to sell his death ray weapon idea to several nations. Does anyone know if this was just an idea that tesla had and sketched a basic idea or did he actually do the math and figure out how much energy it would take , the range it could fire and how to effectively aim the weapon? If he did I was just curious about the power requirements of such a weapon and the range. I am assuming that if it did in fact work these would be what would limit the weapon and probably the reason it was not built.

The Cheney book seemed to be intedmixed with Tesla's technological
endevors. However the Seifer book 'WIZARD" had two portrayals
of devices not given elsewhere. One was the tower and one the
death ray tower.

Tesla did away with the Van De Graf belt and used a column of air
to charge the dome where an open tube would extend out from a
window.

Guess the opposite charge gathered outside the tube counter
balanced the dome and sent out the ray.

There a tall cylindrical tower in area 51 in a photo on one website.

posted on Dec, 31 2006 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Thats very interesting!!! Do you know what website that picture is posted on? Is the tower possibly just a radar tower? Or does it look like the tesla tower you described in the book.

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 04:21 AM
link   
I am a pretty avid follower of Tesla and the history surrounding him.. Best explanation for him overall, fantastic open mind that was able to see the smoke behind the curtain and at least effect it or write theory on it... But when it came to his businessman side, ehhhh, not so great there. He has many financial folleys that if avoided could have changed the landscape of power in this world.

Here's a link describing his "death ray beam" (Also I have heard this referred to numerous times as being a Charged Particle Beam weapon):

www.pbs.org...

Good site showing how a charged particle beam weapon works:

www.airpower.maxwell.af.mil...

Just thought I'd throw these sites in for data on the thread topic...

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Thats very interesting!!! Do you know what website that picture is posted on? Is the tower possibly just a radar tower? Or does it look like the tesla tower you described in the book.

Good question, only in his book but you can check his webpage.

www.teslatech.info...

Check out this in upper right corner
www.teslatech.info...

Is it his million volt coil on the wall behind him.

The gun tower I think say the top was constucted of jars or
bottles like Lyden capacitors I suppose to hold charge in a
sphere.

The power tower was a liguid air surrounding the primary i
would suppose.

The Cheney book brings out a lot of his ideas, which in a summary
at the last chapter has many counter nay sayers.

I suspect Tesla is right as rain on standing waves and earth wave
communications but don't think SatComm will be replaced by
TeslaComm.

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by HaTaX
I am a pretty avid follower of Tesla and the history surrounding him.. Best explanation for him overall, fantastic open mind that was able to see the smoke behind the curtain and at least effect it or write theory on it... But when it came to his businessman side, ehhhh, not so great there. He has many financial folleys that if avoided could have changed the landscape of power in this world.

Here's a link describing his "death ray beam" (Also I have heard this referred to numerous times as being a Charged Particle Beam weapon):

www.pbs.org...

Good site showing how a charged particle beam weapon works:

www.airpower.maxwell.af.mil...

Just thought I'd throw these sites in for data on the thread topic...

I'll have to check them out now.

I checked a physics book on the charge on the Sun, it was
calculated as 2,000 volts or some similar low figure.

Tesla said 250,000 Million volts, I suppose from the boiling
off of electrons leaving protons behind.

I have the Chandrasekhar book that follows the Sun down
to the White-Dwarf stage but it mostly equations involving
temperature and mass and like parameters.

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 11:53 PM
link   

I saw on a video that Tesla try ed to sell his death ray weapon idea to several nations. Does anyone know if this was just an idea that tesla had and sketched a basic idea or did he actually do the math and figure out how much energy it would take , the range it could fire and how to effectively aim the weapon? If he did I was just curious about the power requirements of such a weapon and the range. I am assuming that if it did in fact work these would be what would limit the weapon and probably the reason it was not built.

There seems to be another Tesla statement that is in dispute.

About defence against air attack with directed missiles by propelling
action. Some take this as radio powered and controled flying craft.
Some text say repelling force which became foder for conspiracy
theories on misinformation on electrical proplsion.

The years 1927 to 1940 are not given any detail and only say one
of his friends was a German poet. After that came the lock up of
his effects and the loss of some of his notes. Perhaps he wrote
in Serbian and it still hasn't been translated.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Heckman

The US government locked up everything it could of Tesla's.
Even 500 public patents by 1947.
And any reference books or papers giving hints to Tesla's science.
So anything of Tesla is pure conjecture like UFO propulsion and
'free energy' devices and beam weapons and weather control and
earth quake devices.
Although Tesla's theory of the gaseous ether works better in many
circumstances.

Tesla may not have any weapon connection as the government may
want all to think.
Quite possible the ray was a way to power remote saucer craft like
FOO until the government would not buy it and sold the plans to
Germany before WWII. Tesla's ray was to power a FOO craft and
and beam weapon is a lie to keep prying eyes away.

The Tesla secrets are energy related like higher gas mileage carburetor
in the Sherman tank in WWII that was classified because of its high
efficiency is a military secret.

How is any thing possible known about his science.
If someone leaked a reliable science, the government would know
and take him out of the picture like they did Tesla.

Why did the HHO water fuel and running on water not get government approval.
Watch the films, the Tesla coil is used in the ignition.
Once the government saw that they knew it was a scam.
The coil could power the car on almost anything.
Henry Ford 'took it out' of the Model T because 'it was too powerful'.

The coil is an ether buster, see many wonders,
and thats where energy lies, not in matter.

ED: So the atomic bomb must be some ether buster.

[edit on 6/13/2008 by TeslaandLyne]

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by HaTaX

I don't think that weapon could be traced to Tesla.
Its made up.
For any one to have any document from Tesla would have to have COSMIC
classification.
And disclosure would perhaps not mean instant death but would be mean
rough times ahead.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join