It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The respected Iranian President bans western music.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by helium3
deltaboy: why do you care so much ?. After all is HE is the President and can do what he likes. I'd MUCH RATHER never hear MTV dribble eva again then say have bush has authorized NSA to spy on Americans.
Why do people care what Iran President is doing when the US's President is hands down THE WORST EVA !!!!!!!!!!!!!

now this is music to my ears, I voluntarily don't listen to the radio. why ?? it's all crap, I'd rather listen to cat's fight.

He is simply banning the BS from the radio, I see nothing wrong with that. He is not taking away anyone's right to listen to whatever they like in their cars, homes, on mp3 players etc ....

hell, I wish most of the music we hear on the radio these days was banned, better yet stop em at the recording studio

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImJaded

hell, I wish most of the music we hear on the radio these days was banned, better yet stop em at the recording studio

Its really sad how music has gone from the voice of a generation (0000-1979) to the crap you hear now. Really how hard is it to sample a 1970's Beatles or Diana ross riff or beat and make a new hit ? after all it was a hit in the 1970's chances are......you do the maths

PS: James brown makes more money selling sampling rights to "Funky drummer" (the most sampled drum break eva) then albums sales, what does that say ?

[edit on 19-12-2005 by helium3]

Sep

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 11:18 PM
link   
didnt mean to say anything.

[edit on 19-12-2005 by Sep]

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
He won't be in charge for very long!

He's a nut. He's a throwback and the young adults of Iran
won't put up with it. 'The more Westernized the better' as far
as they are concerned. I don't think he'll be in office long.
Either some Western nation will take him out, or the people
of Iran will.

Thank you for being the voice of reason and GET OUT OF MY HEAD!
I thought the exact same thing when I heard of this as I know a few Iranians who think this guy is just a dickhead.(They are are around 20ish so in the right age range)

Iranian Youth by and large are Nike and Levi's wearing westerners and actually look up to America and Western civilization as a whole.

DONT GO AND RUIN IT BY INVADING PLEASE GWB/Isreal. That country can be brought down from within by it's own people, maybe in the same fashion as the Orange Revolution or some other type of popular uprising. It's been in the works for more then a decade, it could bear fruit at any time.

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 01:26 AM
link   
I think that this article simply wanted to point out another piece of Islamofacism not compare the presidents of Iran and the U.S. This didn't have to become a political debate but rather a debate on how repressed the youth of Iran is. I agree with the last poster that we shouldn't invade Iran to cause social change but however if Iran does not cease posturing and threatening the nuclear development agenda something must be done to maintain stability in the region.

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 01:42 AM
link   
why anything Ahmadinejad does, makes it into the news. and why is there a thread about this.

I guess there are other reasons beside western influence which made him to make this decision.

I strongly believe Iranian local musicians could fill this gap, as I know very well persian culture is very rich in traditional music. afterall, most iranians have access to sat TVs, western songs CDs, etc.

RESPECT

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Use the Stick and Carrot technique. Has that been tried yet?

All I've heard is rhetoric from both sides.

In a 1v1 situation Isreal would easily defeat Iran even if it went Nuclear which I don't think will happen quite frankely. Cooler heads prevailed in a much more volatile situation in the Cold War, I believe it can happen again and again and again as Mutually assured distruction just completely goes against our basic human survival tendancies. I do believe this guy is a nut but that doesn't mean everyone under him is a nut also and that's what counts the most IMO. I wouldn't be surprised if his government was full of western moles lol(as young aids and such).

India and Pakistan have not yet had an exchange. N. Korea who is run by a veritable egomaniac and debatable madman hasn't nuked anyone yet.

I do agree we should do something but that something can not include force on our end. If Isreal desides to go unilaterally striking their facilities then that's their choice. The US shouldn't support them when the time comes though as that would be seen as an attack via proxy.(And either way it will be seen as such by the extreme elements), and by not supporting I mean stop funding them.

As long as the Phrases "Massive Retaliatory Strike" "Mutually Assured Distruction" and "The Sampson Option" still have a meaning we are as safe as we have ever been since 1945.

But since I'm just a Canadian described by some Right Wing pundits as you're "retarded cousins to the north" my words mean little to the war mongers and the military industrialists.

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Maybe this will get the iranians to do something about this nutt job before we have to...
doubt it though.

BTW, I wish I could get away with as many 1 line responses as ive seen in this thead....

[edit on 20-12-2005 by C0le]

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 02:20 AM
link   
sardion2000
I wonder what your comment had to do with pres. Ahmadinejad banning western music.

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 02:32 AM
link   

deltaboy: why do you care so much ?. After all is HE is the President and can do what he likes. I'd MUCH RATHER never hear MTV dribble eva again then say have bush has authorized NSA to spy on Americans.
Why do people care what Iran President is doing when the US's President is hands down THE WORST EVA !!!!!!!!!!!!!

now this is music to my ears, I voluntarily don't listen to the radio. why ?? it's all crap, I'd rather listen to cat's fight.

He is simply banning the BS from the radio, I see nothing wrong with that. He is not taking away anyone's right to listen to whatever they like in their cars, homes, on mp3 players etc ....

Amen!!
I wish to see alot of 50cent music off the radio..LOL
Its so image driven man....
We need to get some more creativity going in the music industry...
But believe me if u look hard enough u can find some good stuff out there!!
Like The Roots man...they are awsome!!

Thanks

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 04:27 AM
link   
What's the point of banning western music? There is no point in it.
He's just on a powertrip.

Ditto. But shouldn't Iran be a "democratic" country? That's the rumour that has been going around. Who is he to decide what can be played on the radio and what cannot?

[edit on 20/12/2005 by SwearBear]

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 05:13 AM
link   
I must agree with Benevolent. Usually when someone come into great power they feel they must felx their authority in making such raw statements as he has done in the past two weeks. What is sad is that he is unwittinley setting himself up for a long fall that is unless a super secret type of military team gets their laser on him. It's just like that Whitaker dud that won the largest megaball lottery. What has become of him? All the money he won pretty much destroyed his whole life and family and has suffered from such a good thing. The new leader of Iran is acting out in much the same manner with the exception of the money his people will be the ones suffering.

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 03:46 PM
link   

should be not only be banned but removed from music. DO NOT SUPPORT IMAGE!

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by crusader
Because western music nowadays is fill with Filth!

Now here's an example of someone that fails to understand even the simplest concept of freedom. This person thinks the music is "filth"
, so it's OK to ban it - based on either his personal opinion or one fed to him by his local mullah.

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 03:46 PM
link   

ow here's an example of someone that fails to understand even the simplest concept of freedom. This person thinks the music is "filth" , so it's OK to ban it - based on either his personal opinion or one fed to him by his local mullah.

For your information, I am not a muslim, and never will i intend tio become, one. My point is, at this current time, music, esp in our side o9f the world, the west saturated as it is, is filled to the briom with absolute garbage. It's a wonder,, why it';s still being palyed here. Freedom? Do u know what it is? No u don't! we have taken that word a little too far.. Do u think u are really free?

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I think this is good. Right now we have Saddam claiming he isn't getting treated better than he treated his own people...so for the sake of not being accused of torturing the entire Iranian population we should be grateful some one has eliminated the possibility they could over-hear Boy George...or even more inhumane, Brittany Spears.

posted on Dec, 25 2005 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Because we don't like the competition, and that guy is a real contender for Idiot of the Year.

from DrLove He's banning George Michael and Kenny G. and this is supposed to whip us Americans up into a war fervor? I'd say that's a guy we could work with.

You owe me a replacement for my keyboard, which is now doused with coffee from the spontaneous belly laugh.

posted on Dec, 25 2005 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by alphacenturi
This president is taking the country on a road to regression, hopefully the people of Iran have better sense than that. Banning Western music and other influences is just a small part of the foundation this man wants to achieve.

Who's going to take him seriously? A bunch of bearded mullahs?

Someone should rip the rug out from under this joker before he takes his magic carpet too far.

It'll be much more fun to watch him self-destruct.

posted on Dec, 25 2005 @ 10:16 AM
link   
So what if Iran president banned western music,hes not stopping any of you listening to it in western countries, so why cry about it?And when it comes to wiping out Israel from the map,i think that should be done soon peacefully rather than violently.Dont forget there are not many Jews anyway that exist in this world and wars will decrease thier population to an extinct.

posted on Dec, 25 2005 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I am amazed at the people who say that banning western music is good, and/or that Iranian music can/should fill the gap.

Not too much concern about censorship, is there? I don't careabout the quality of the music; the crappier it is, the more protection from censorship it needs.

from SwearBear But shouldn't Iran be a "democratic" country? That's the rumour that has been going around. Who is he to decide what can be played on the radio and what cannot?

Finally.
I wish I had a way above vote to give to you.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join