It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looking for web programmer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I need to run a feature rich CMS on a site i am developing, which will have a very large userbase, and will feature mainly articles, and news stories.

So far, contenders are: Joomla, Drupal, and Expression Engine.

I need it to be able to integrate with some kind of a subscription module that allows users to "upgrade" their registration to that of a fully paid member. These users will then be able to access articles/file downloads that others cannot.

Anyone with experience on this: what systems do you recommend? And are you willing to help (of course we can negotiate payment) with integrating a CMS with some kind of custom module to allow paid membership?

Cheers.

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Joomla is obviously the most pleasing to look at, and Expression Engine could cost some $$. I haven't honestly worked with any of these, but just looking though what's available I'd personally try the Joomla route first. I did see a few gripes about Joomla not being as flexible as Drupla. They both seem to have a nice amount of community support, but again the visual aspect of Joomla won me over.

How are you going to be accepting payments for the paid portion of this site? Pay pal, or straight credit card payments(which requires a security certificate)?

Just playing with the Joomla demo it looks like it's easy to add new content that assigned to specific categories, and you can assign users to groups that have access to these categories based on if they have paid or not. Your fun will be automatically assigning members to a group after they make a payment. I don't think you're going to have much difficulty with that . You'll have to add in database tables to store payment information. and craft a page for members to make payments.

I'm not the ultimate "guru" on this type of thing but I have added in pay-pal integration for someone's site before. It's not all that bad. As far as helping, I'll have to think about that a bit. Don't know how much spare time I have in the near future. What's tempting to me is the php. I really like using this language and it's hard to pass up an opportunity to do something fun with it.

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I'm looking myself. I want a script that makes my Hebrew and Greek calculators function.

www.numberman.net...

www.numberman.net...

I would need to input the Unicode Greek and Hebrew letters in place of english letters and add the values of those in the other area much like a calculator when someone click on my button graphics. Also a Backspace and Clear option. If anyone knows how this can be done let me know and how much time you think it would take.

Here is a sample of the function working, but not quite what I want as he isn't using Unicode letters:

nithaus.org...

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Got my calculators working in Flash so no need for help anymore...

new topics

top topics

join