It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraqi elections this week! PROGRESS!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by bob2000

If you think Iraq is NOT closer to democracy due to this election YOU are naive and blind to the facts. Elections like this must happen before democracy can, duh!
THey just did, so democracy has increased its probability of occuring. Think about it.

Do you really think that just because a election is held Iraq will become a democracy?
You wont question an election where it is possible fake ballots will be counted?

You criticising as if you know better than our decision makers. You have no experience in sociology, politics or military, what would you know? You know nothing. But since you claim to be an expert, please tell me exactly what we have done wrong, and then tell the correct way to do it oh great expert.

What plant have you been living on?
Lets see Paul Bremer admited that he didnt know anything about Iraqi politics and he was running the country.
The borders were left open after Saddam regime fell.
Nobody in the Bush admin understands the make up of Iraq not many people do outside of the middle east.
The US military wasnt prepared to face the insurgency.
Need I go on.

Well I would take the word of my classmate over fox news and people who dont live in reality.

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by xpert11
Do you really think that just because a election is held Iraq will become a democracy?

Iraq is more of a democracy now than it was under Saddam, or do you refute otherwise?

seekerof

[edit on 15-12-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Iraq is more of a democracy now than it was under Saddam, or do you refute otherwise?

I would say that the intenion in post Saddam Iraq is for a democracy so that makes it more of a demoracy then under Saddam. People seem to be latching onto the election as a miracle cure for all of Iraqs problems.
Has anyone considered that the insurgents could lay low untill US forces have left the country ?
That would give the insurgency time to regroup and undermine the government of Iraq. The US wouldnt intervene because it will have handed power over the the Iraqi sercuity forces.

[edit on 16-12-2005 by xpert11]

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by xpert11

I would say that the intenion in post Saddam Iraq is for a democracy so that makes it more of a demoracy then under Saddam. People seem to be latching onto the election as a miracle cure for all of Iraqs problems.
Has anyone considered that the insurgents could lay low untill US forces have left the country ?
That would give the insurgency time to regroup and undermine the government of Iraq. The US wouldnt intervene because it will have handed power over the the Iraqi sercuity forces.

[edit on 16-12-2005 by xpert11]

The US has. That's why my belief is we'll never leave. Bush isn't dumb enough to leave them to fend on their own. I'm not sure how he'll do it, but we not leaving for many, many years.

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Two pages of the usual bicking and not one suppoter of Bush policys has explained how democracy will take out without the means of goverance.
And you cant blame the liberal media because the media didnt have the same influence when this problem was created.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join