It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Outlook Express and GoDaddy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I can not seem to configure my mailbox correctly with Outlook Express. I can receive messages but only after quite a bit of waiting and several error messages. I can not, in any way, send messages.

I have tried the tutorial on the GoDaddy site, but it is out of date (or too new) or inaccurate to help.

I have never before used or updated OE, so I assume it is the same version that came with my computer when I bought it in mid-2002.

If anyone has properly configured his or her GoDaddy mailbox and understands how, I would appreciate finding out how, thanks

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 05:08 PM
link   
One possible answer to your problem would be to stop using Outlook and use web based mail instead. If you want a Gmail invite PM me a email address that you have access to.
What do the error messages say ?
Take a note of what they say and then google the error for the fix.

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 05:33 PM
link   
GoDaddy Email instructions for Outlook

NOTE: "smtpout.secureserver.net" is an SMTP relay server. In order to use this server to send e-mail messages, you must first activate SMTP relay on your e-mail account. Log on to your Manage Email Accounts page to set up SMTP relay. If you do not have SMTP relay set up and your Internet Service Provider (ISP) allows it, you can use the outgoing mail server for your Internet Service Provider. Contact your Internet Service Provider to get this setting.

You may need to login to your account on GoDaddy and enable the SMTP relay for your email account.

Other than that, be sure to follow the linked instructions for setting up Outlook. Now, granted, Outlook and Outlook Express are not exactly the same, the settings will be the same. "Click this-->Select that--> and such ... are slightly different, but you should be able to get through it successfully!

If you have additional questions, please U2U or reply to this post.

join