It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First Commercial Spaceport Coming.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 01:13 PM
link   
The good news: we're one step closer to a privatised space industry.

The Bad news: the inflght movie is Gigli.

Ya gotta love Richard Branson and those wiley New Mexicans. Its amazing what one major high speed impact can do for a small town.

I've felt for a very long time that privatising the space industry is the only way anything will ever happen, the governments are just too lumbering and large to really make effective and timely decisions in this field.

IMO as always.

Link to article:

www.timesonline.co.uk...

Spiderj

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 04:06 PM
link   

The Virgin Galactic spacecraft is scheduled to take off in five years’ time from a site near Roswell, New Mexico, in a desert known for UFO legends and alleged alien autopsies

I doubt it was a coincidence. Anywhere around there would be ideal, but it's no surprise they chose an area near the area. I don't know how I feel about all the deposits they said they've taken, with almost 39,000 registered flyers. That just can't be feasible, and an accounting or funds inquest would destroy this sort of thing. That'd be absolutely tragic.

[Roswell] was home to the only atomic bomber squadron in the world when it was hit by a violent thunderstorm in July 1947. The next morning a rancher stumbled across wreckage and strange shiny material which he could not bend or tear. The local newspaper published a report claiming the airfield had captured a “flying saucer”.

Oh, okay, so the mystery is over then, is it?

join