It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fatwa issued on Karazi

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 10:23 AM
link   
This is Bull POO.

I know it's not PC to pull religion into the WOT but the Muslim leadership is asking their followers to commit murder or assignation of a sitting head of state?

What's up with this, I thought Islam was a peaceful religion and denounced violence.

I guess if Islam can call for the killing of one of it's followers, who is trying to lead his country out of a Hellhole and help his fellow countrymen rise from decades of war and distruction and to help the Afghans become productive citizens and make better lives for themselves and their familes, and they (Islam) want to eliminate him for helping his homeland, this does not sound like a peacefull religion to me.

Taliban issue decree urging death for Karzai

SPIN BOLDAK, Afghanistan (Reuters) -- Afghanistan's Taliban guerrillas have issued an Islamic decree calling for President Hamid Karzai to be killed for serving American and British "infidels".

www.tehrantimes.com.../12/2005&Cat=4&Num=3

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

Mod Edit: Added Quote Tags.

[edit on 12/12/2005 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by SIRR1

What's up with this, I thought Islam was a peaceful religion and denounced violence.

I guess if Islam can call for the killing of one of it's followers, who is trying to lead his country out of a Hellhole and help his fellow countrymen rise from decades of war and distruction and to help the Afghans become productive citizens and make better lives for themselves and their familes, and they (Islam) want to eliminate him for helping his homeland, this does not sound like a peacefull religion to me.

[edit on 12/12/2005 by Mirthful Me]

I've decided that when they say that islam is the "religion of peace", that it's just short for what they really mean, which is "there will be peace when you're all dead".

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
I've decided that when they say that islam is the "religion of peace", that it's just short for what they really mean, which is "there will be peace when you're all dead".

Or you convert.

One of these days the wacko Muslims are going to take it too far, and there will be swift western retribution.

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 04:26 PM
link   

This is Bull POO.
I know it's not PC to pull religion into the WOT but the Muslim leadership is asking their followers to commit murder or assignation of a sitting head of state?

What? What leadership? Islam hasnt had a leadership since 1924 (when the Caliphate system was abolished).
Fatwa is not binding to all Muslims, its hard to determine who can call for fatwa because Islam does not have a leadership.

It is and it does, extremists ring a bell? The ones that have been giving Islam a bad name for some decades now.
Muslims tend to ignore those that try to manipulate the Qu'ran to justify their cause, you should try it.

top topics

join