It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Air Force releases new mission statement: to fly and fight in Air, Space and Cyberspace

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah
What's going to happen, when the Limits of so-called "Electronic Warfare" get a little Wider?

What IF the "Cyberspace Control" Involved the Removal of all Anti-Goverment Blogs, Sites and the Arrest of those Members (just like it happened in France?)

It is a what if, but I really think Souljah nailed it there. If they are waging war and fighting 'enemies' in cyberspace, to me this insinuates attacking their servers, websites, sytems etc. Now in a world where "You are either with us, or against us" this could very well mean your own blog.

The space bit concerns me a little also.. is this the start of a progression from NASA's peacefull exploration of space to a more militaristic-style approach?

While the Air Force has had for a long time now Sattelite's and craft capable of reaching very high altitude (LEA and possibly higher) I seriously wonder how big a role NASA will play in Space in 20 or 30 years..

[edit on 12-12-2005 by ekul08]

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by ekul08
It is a what if, but I really think Souljah nailed it there. If they are waging war and fighting 'enemies' in cyberspace, to me this insinuates attacking their servers, websites, sytems etc. Now in a world where "You are either with us, or against us" this could very well mean your own blog.

I think this is where most of you are getting overly paranoid.

By cyberspace, they are more likely reffering to things along the lines of what the new F-22 Raptor can do:

While these conversations, many of them informal, didn't touch on "even one-third of its classified capabilities," according to one pilot, they included the ability to hunt down and destroy cruise missiles well behind enemy lines, the introduction of a new missile that allows the head-on attack and destruction of stealthy enemy missiles, a tailless bomber derivative design, a planned electronic attack capability so powerful that it actually damages enemy electronics, and modifications that would allow the aircraft's electronic package to invade enemy computer networks.

An associated capability is airborne computer network attack that, under project Suter, currently resides with the EC-130 Compass Call. However, the aircraft is large, slow and can't penetrate defended airspace. Futurists say a further modified F/A-22 will be able to operate over key targets and carry out computer attack or surveillance with much less power. "If you're 5 mi. from the threat, you don't need the power of Compass Call" to penetrate an enemy computer network, says one official.

Link

So basically, they are invading enemy computer networks in order to gain tactical and or strategic advantege, or as a recon mission. These computer networks don't include blog sites, they include radar intigration, logistical systems, missle defence networks, things of that nature.

Frankly, the NSA would probably be the one taking away blog sites if any US agency were to do it (which they won't).

The space bit concerns me a little also.. is this the start of a progression from NASA's peacefull exploration of space to a more militaristic-style approach?

While the Air Force has had for a long time now Sattelite's and craft capable of reaching very high altitude (LEA and possibly higher) I seriously wonder how big a role NASA will play in Space in 20 or 30 years..

This is purely political posturing.

They are trying to monopolize the battle field of space so that they get the funding, and the US Navy, and Army don't. Beyond that, they fear that if a USSF (US Space Force) is created, that the Air Force will become an after thought in the DoD budget.

The AF will probably look at some "Rods from God" type of systems, and probably look for a space plane, but wars in space are far away, if for no other reason then no other nation could afford to wage war there.

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Imperium Americana
LOL No worries! Although I would like to use that in my sig line.....seeing as how neither one of us say those words very often! LOL

/I keed....I keed
//No really ;p

Nice Sig!

Altho, I prefer mine - by Tacitus.

Anyway, I find it INTERESTING, that you were the Only one who spotted my Mistake...

Hmmmmmmmmmm...

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by LazarusTheLong
it would bode bad for any country at war, to find that all of a sudden, they had no communications, and no computers, not to mention the 4000 dominos pizzas with anchovies and pinapple that were just delivered.

DUDE!!! I'd love to be at the tail end of the 4000 pizzas with no more weapons than a microwave and a cat!!!! (Microwave for the pizzas, cat for the anchovies...)

Anyway, I find it INTERESTING, that you were the Only one who spotted my Mistake...

Hmmmmmmmmmm...

I spotted it, but couldn't say anything until I was done reading the thread...
Just to make sure I was the first, which I wasn't...

[edit on 13-12-2005 by Shaker]

[edit on 13-12-2005 by Shaker]

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 04:48 AM
link   

But how do you Define the "Cyberspace"?

how do you define space, land, air or sea? its the military, its their job to fight anywhere needed, and to be ready to fight.

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by namehere

But how do you Define the "Cyberspace"?

how do you define space, land, air or sea? its the military, its their job to fight anywhere needed, and to be ready to fight.

Yes but, isn't the Airforce supposed to use Aircraft in their "Fight"?

Cyberspace can have very BROAD Definition, and when you are saying that the next battle will be conducting in Cyberspace, you have to define that "Space" - because Cyberspace is not just "Evil Chinese Hackers" yaknow.

This is a Foundation for some SERIOIUS Internet Censorship and an attack on Freedom of Expression.

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Cyberspace can have very BROAD Definition, and when you are saying that the next battle will be conducting in Cyberspace, you have to define that "Space" - because Cyberspace is not just "Evil Chinese Hackers" yaknow.

This is a Foundation for some SERIOIUS Internet Censorship and an attack on Freedom of Expression.

You are forgetting one painfully obvious thing here Souljah, and it’s kind of insulting. YOUR FREEDOM OF EXPRESSION IS PROTECTED BY LAW! What makes the AirForce above the law?? Did you know that EVERY service man or woman has taken an OATH to defend the constitution which protects your freedom of speech, not just the land we live on?

Please, I beg you … stop with this nonsense. Why don’t you go fight REAL problems with our government? Write your congressman about the Patriot Act or something.

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by noise
Please, I beg you … stop with this nonsense. Why don’t you go fight REAL problems with our government? Write your congressman about the Patriot Act or something.

And you think that the Patriot Act and Cyberspace War are not Connected?

Anti-Terrorist strategies include "Total Information Awareness" - meaning that the Big Brother is always watching everything on the Net, right?

Total Information Awareness

During 2003, we are likely to see the development of two new government initiatives to use computer technology in terrorism prevention. Each will give the government greater access to Internet data.

One relates to a new federal network-monitoring center, described in the government's September draft of its National Strategy to Secure Cyberspace. The other is the Orwellian sounding Information Awareness Office, which will be engaged in a project aimed at "Total Information Awareness." Both are cause for concern.

It is well known that terrorists used - and, apparently, still use - the Internet because if its potential for anonymity when communicating worldwide. In addition, the government has noted terrorists' (or simply hackers') denial of service attacks as a potential threat to our national infrastructure.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

This new "Air Force Mission" is just an Extension of that "Total Information Awareness" - and also the Materialisation of the all famous Project for the New American Century.

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man
Fighting in cyberspace is a very natural progression for the USAF.
Electronic warfare has been an important aspect of air warfare
since WWII and the advent of radar.

You have voted American Mad Man for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month.

Of course. And has been said earlier ... the internet and computers
ARE a warground. Governments know that to bring down another
government a good way to start is to cyberbomb them ... take out
electronic records, communications, information.

I would hope that our government was keeping watch over intrusions
in this area. It would make perfect sense. Our Air Force is doing an
excellent job.

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 08:48 AM
link   

No. This is a foundation for some serious defense of our freedoms
and our way of life .. by making sure other countries don't interfere
with our defenses, our electronic communications, our airport radar
systems (both civilian and military), our freedom of information
over the internet, etc. etc. To ignore the damage other countries
could do to us via computers etc ... would be ignorant.

Frankly you enjoy these freedoms, you enjoy the internet,
you enjoy banking, you enjoy email, (and so on) because they are
being defended. The communist Chinese and/or the radical Islams
in Saudi Arabia would love to get rid of what you are enjoying right
now - the internet and this chat site. If the world were devoid
of America and it's defences .. you'd be either dead or enslaved
by the communists or the radical islamics. You are free .. and
yet so ungrateful.

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
The communist Chinese and/or the radical Islams
in Saudi Arabia would love to get rid of what you are enjoying right
now - the internet and this chat site. If the world were devoid
of America and it's defences .. you'd be either dead or enslaved
by the communists or the radical islamics. You are free .. and
yet so ungrateful.

OH NO!

THE COMMIE CHINESE ARE GONNA GET ME?!?

THE ARABS ARE AT MY DOOR STEP?!?!

OMG!

FLEE!!!

RUN TO THE HILL!!!

SAVE YOURSELVES!!!

Seriously,

get a Grip there.

And Saudi Arabia - is YOUR ALLY (which you forget to mention).

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Seriously, get a Grip there.

Seriously, open your eyes there.
Those groups mentioned definately would love to
take over, they have said so and they continue
to say so. The only reason you have the freedoms
you are enjoying right now .. including posting your
unique paranoid hate about America, is because
America defends those freedoms. Defending
cyberspace and electronic communications is serious
part of modern defense because it's a serious part
of modern warfare. This is common sense.

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 07:54 AM
link   

And Saudi Arabia - is YOUR ALLY (which you forget to mention).

I didn't forget to mention it ... because they are not our ally.
Some in our politics say they are. Some in their country say
they are. The truth, which is known by 98% of the planet,
is that they are NOT our ally.

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 08:24 AM
link   
The USAF are as impotent as the rest of us.

Cyberspace security centres on exercising the law on ISPs to give up user information. Unless this has suddenly become the job of the Air Force this is all just hot air from the military.

I'm more concerned with the Air Forces' other means of exercising their brand of "defense".

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Did you not read my post on the F-22?

As I pointed out, it will be done from aircraft, as well as other platforms. There is nothing wrong with this.

And cyberspace isn't just the internet yaknow?

Don't you understand that the internet you and I use is NOT their primary concern? They are concerned with enemy military assets networking and secure data links - not blog sites and message boards.

That is completely unsubstantiated GARBAGE Souljah. The US has controled the internet SINCE IT WAS INVENTED! If we wanted to censor it we would have...

Kind of like the Chinese ACTUALLY DO!

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man
Don't you understand that the internet you and I use is NOT their primary concern? They are concerned with enemy military assets networking and secure data links - not blog sites and message boards.

Well that is how it starts, you know.

The Definiton of the word ENEMY could be very Broad...

That is completely unsubstantiated GARBAGE Souljah. The US has controled the internet SINCE IT WAS INVENTED! If we wanted to censor it we would have...

Kind of like the Chinese ACTUALLY DO!

Well Perhaps you are Right - and Perhaps I am Right.

I wonder what kind of NEW LAWS will be passed to Control this NEW Media - since some Blogs and Internet News Centers are a pain in the ass for Military and the Goverment.

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 09:21 AM
link   
It is well known that hte Chinese and NK have been attmepting and have been sucessful in hacking the DOD and many other company sites, retireving information that can be used for reverse engineering and to spy on the US.

The US also is doing the same thing, and if the next major war could easily begin with a cyber based attack, allowing the F-22's to reign havoc over where they are going. Instead of using cruise missles to take out major power infrastructure, have someone hack in and shut it down.

Folks, sorry to tell you this, but big brother is watching, and there is
nothing we can do about it.

AS far as the FDR jab, I remember something called Pearl Harbor, and the Japanese appearing off the west coast of the US. we were are war, and in another country such as the Jews or anyone else germany dod not like, they would have been killed.

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Imperium Americana
LOL No worries! Although I would like to use that in my sig line.....seeing as how neither one of us say those words very often! LOL

/I keed....I keed
//No really ;p

Nice Sig!

Altho, I prefer mine - by Tacitus.

Hmmmmmmmmmm...

You find it "Interesting"? LOL.....I find it sad.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join