It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What other Natural Insticts have we lost ??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Me and my friends were talking about when our Chihuahua dog meets something bigger than it it always cowers ... especially if it is someone or something it has not came in contact with ... ... This is Natural Instinct for him ... his name is Jim by the way ... I know wierd name for a dog .. but that is beside the point ...

We have lost instincts as Humans to learn that the bigger person is not going to always be a Bully ... or Example : that someone with Nuclear Capability will not always use it ... or many many man other NUMEROUS things ... that I will not go into .. Because I would really like to see what you guys come up with .... Any open ended information would be awesome .... Thanks ....

OH yeah ... This guy has taught his children how to Trap animals ... I wonder if this is something that we had learned how to do over time that many of us have lost the ability to do ... or was is something that perhaps may have been a natural instinct ??? Anyways .. much help would be awesome .... although I know that Trapping was probably not a NATURAL INSTINCT just thought i would throw that in there ....

Related News Links:
www.lufkindailynews.com

[edit on 12/7/05 by FredT]

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I think some searches on the topic of anthropology would help you out with your questions. You can start here:

Google Search

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I think you are way off of what I am speaking of ... I am speaking off stuff that noone would have written down ... Even with Anthropology ... or studying of the past ... I am speaking of NATURAL INSTINCTS that your father may have had ... that you do not ... I need to speak with some OLD PEOPLE basically and when I say old I mean ... 100's ....

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Well, how about this. Humans started trapping animals because they were hungry and cold and as our brains developed we developed better tools and methods to acquire meat and fur and eventually we stumbled upon the ideas of commerce and technology and now here we are today still feeding and clothing ourselves with the means we have developed to do so. You may look at other drives in a similar way.

[edit on 2005/12/6 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 05:16 PM
link   

ed·i·to·ri·al (ĕd'ĭ-tôr'ē-əl, -tōr'-)
n.
An article in a publication expressing the opinion of its editors or publishers.

Why are you asking us? Don't you have an opinion?

(Source)
A 200,000 year old jawbone tells the story of an elderly woman who was kept alive thanks to the kindness of her companions.

From this first known example of human compassion to modern day heroes, the final programme in the Human Instinct series explores the most complex of instincts. The instinct to put others first.

Humans are altruistic survivalists. We are highly instinct-driven and this will never change.

Zip

top topics

join