It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran spending big in Venezuela - Cuba crisis mk II?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2005 @ 11:28 PM
link   
OK I admit this is a bit out there -

Iran and Venezuela both big fans of the US.

Iran investing close on a billion dollars in Venezuela.

www.irna.ir...

Heres the catch can Irans current Missile tech reach the US from southern america? And maybe i'm just too suspicious but why are these guys linking up not geographical is it?

Anyway would love to here from my american cousins on this one.

posted on Dec, 4 2005 @ 11:52 PM
link   
I believe that this report may shed some light on the subject.

Radical Islam in Latin America

Give it a read eh?

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 12:52 PM
link   
An interesting and unsettling (potential) parallel in your thread title. Just as the Soviets once felt they needed a place closer to the U.S. to stage an attack or threaten to do so, Iran is currently unable to project its power the way the U.S. can and does. A base in Venezuela would certainly put part of the U.S. within the range of the missiles in Iran's arsenal.

Whether or not Iran and Venezuela would/could agree on any type of base and whether the U.S. would "allow" it to be contructed are related questions.

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Iran is being busy....

I wonder if satellites are watching exactly what is going on and if any ships from Iran are bringing in equipment?

Prob nothing in it though.

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Iran links to Venezuela through the Shanghai Co-operation Organisation which includes Russia, China and a number of post Soviet countries. Iran is hoping to become a member, if not already by now.

Russia has sold some very effective and selective weaponry to both China and Venezuela recently and China has done some big energy deals with both Venezuela and Iran.

Technically, Iran and Venezuela can both be considered of national security interest to China in the same way that the US considers Persian Gulf oil.

While the US has been flailing around in Iraq, the chess master (Putin) has been quietly moving peices into position. They are not interested in dominating the US - just containing it - blocking any potential move by the US military by making it an expensive and futile exercise.

Oh, don't forget the Iranian oil bourse due to start trading in March - in euros!!! (remembering that Venezuela is one of the founding members of OPEC)

[edit on 8-12-2005 by News Junkie]

top topics

join