It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Im not crazy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 04:04 PM
link   
My parents seem to think every time I act a little weird of crazy they ask me if I'm on drugs... What is this world comming to anyway? I can't act myself with out being accused of being on drugs or being crazy....Believe me I'm not! I'm probully the most sane one in my family and I still get no respect! why is it that my generation is always seen as drugies or rebelious teens out of controll? well to all of you over protective parents I say the H#!! with ya! hows a teen so pose to figure out who they are if you keep telling them their no good?

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Try to find either the song, or the lyrics for Institutionalized. I can't remember who did it, but it's an oldy but a goody. Guy ends up institutionalized, because he wanted a Pepsi and his mother wouldn't give him one. *lmao*

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Sometimes parents intentions are what is best, but they fail to fully understand your point of view, or we fail to understand their point of view, fully. This is where communication seems to fail us. Typically people tend to have information register in their heads that is familiar to them. What I mean by that is that we (people) tend to only recognize what personality traits, and character traits that we truly can hold up to for comparison to a source, that source is usually what we know of ourselves. Therefore people tend to misunderstand eachother when they do not recognize the motives or intentions of others.

Here is some useful advice:

When someone tells you "You are insane", you tell them: "The definition of of insane is one who is within one's own mind. Therefore if you are in my mind to see I'm here in my mind, you must be out of your mind. It is only people who are out of their minds that label people who are in their minds as insane."

Peace,
And please be more gentle on your parents. They are trying to keep up as best as they can, but who you were 6 months ago is not who you are today.

Take care, and good luck.

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Here are the lyrics for Institutionalized, by Suicidal Tendencies. Enjoy!

www.darklyrics.com...

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Clarification of definition

Blacks Law dictionary

Isanity The term is a social and legal term rather than a medical one, and indicates a condition which renders the effected person unfit to enjoy liberty of action because of the unreliability of his behavior with concomitant danger to himself and others. The term is more or less synonymos with mental illness or psychosis.

Now, as we cannot view your actions, we really cannot comment on whether or not you are insane. It isn't uncommon, though, that the older generation views members of the next generation as a bit unhinged.

Have a coke and a smile.

posted on Dec, 2 2005 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I wouldn't worry about your parents. That is their answer to anything they dont readily get. You went and took a goofer didnt you son.

ok zaph, I was listening to that very song on my REPO-MAN cassette all week. I also referred to a bit of lyric to a co-worker and damn if he nailed it. Now this....too weird

...I went to your schools, I went to your churches, I went to your institutional learning facilities. How can you say that I'm crazy?!

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I know I should be more understanding of parents motives but it does wear on a person to be naged 24-7...by the way I have heard that song and I love it...because the part about the mom coming into the bed room and accusing him of useing druges is also my sitution...although my parents have never taken it that far..... but there are some out there who do... All I have left to say is I'm not crazy

I'm just a fun loving person that would do almost any thing for a laugh

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 02:44 AM
link   
If it's any help to you my Dad has thought I was crazy in the past. My Mom treated me like I was crazy. I think that these adults just think that we don't get it, or, we don't understand the world so when we were younger they mistreated us.

new topics

top topics

join