It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Caricature Aircraft

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Howdie,

To the mods, I understand if this is in the wrong forum or not allowed, but as there are alot of people in here that are either interested in aircraft or squadrons and for some, they actual serve in them.

www.caricatureaircraftpictures.com...

I came accross this site a month or two ago and well christmas is a coming, they are basically painted cartoonish style paintings of aircraft and helicopters, they look pretty cool, enjoy!

- Phil

[Edit] You can all add your opinions of the work too.

[edit on 29-11-2005 by gooseuk]

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Have you ever seen the Wren 'oddentification' cartoons? they were along similar lines and gave real character to aircraft,

[edit on 29-11-2005 by waynos]

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by waynos
Have you ever seen the Wren 'oddentification' cartoons? they were along similar lines and gave real character to aircraft,

[edit on 29-11-2005 by waynos]

Sadly no I haven't seen any of those, would you happen to have any examples?

- Phil

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 03:45 PM
link   

there's no need to feel down.
I said, young man, pick yourself off the ground.
I said, young man, 'cause you're in a new town
There's no need to be unhappy.

Young man, there's a place you can go.
I said, young man, when you're short on your dough.
You can stay there, and I'm sure you will find
Many ways to have a good time.

It's fun to stay at the y-m-c-a.
It's fun to stay at the y-m-c-a. " - Village People

That was fun, thanks for sharing!

Kinda reminds me of www.ebaumsworld.com...

Or Gorillaz

The man has skeels. They'd make great collector's gifts for pilots, crews, etc.

[edit on 29-11-2005 by saint4God]

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Here's a couple, although they are not original Wrens, but drawn in the Wren style by Weal, I think of them all as Wrens, to find more you could try to track down old copies of Air International (70's 80's) or old RAF yearbooks, Wren cartoons started in WW2.

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I remember some caricatures of modern combat aircraft that gave the planes a lot of character. They were greatly humanized or animalized and reflected their roles or nicknames. But I can't find the pictures I remember.

Here are some pieces from an artist named Ian Bichan.

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 07:12 PM
link   
There are also some drawings by Willy Peeters that are pretty good. The only source I have for those is the HyperScale.comgalleries. You have to use the Find feature in your browser to find all of his work, unfortunately.

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 11:48 AM
link   
One name "Hank Caruso"! I don't want to post any pictures because of copyright issues, but a quick Google search will bring up all kinds of his work. I have had a copy of his calendar for each of the last 6 years.

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I have a question on your avatar.

Where you in AirCrew in the Navy? If so, can I ask what years?

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God
I have a question on your avatar.

Where you in AirCrew in the Navy? If so, can I ask what years?

Yes. 1983-87

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by JIMC5499
Yes. 1983-87

Cool! My father was AC in Vietnam 64(ish) - 72(ish), USS Intrepid. He tells me a lot about it and we toured the carrier a few years ago. It's a museum now in New York. Fun trip if you ever get the chance.

www.intrepidmuseum.org...

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God

Yes. 1983-87

Cool! My father was AC in Vietnam 64(ish) - 72(ish), USS Intrepid. He tells me a lot about it and we toured the carrier a few years ago. It's a museum now in New York. Fun trip if you ever get the chance.

I've seen enough of those big grey things to last a lifetime. If they get the USS Forrestal to become a museum they will probably keep the mural on the mess deck wall. It was a drawing done by Hank Caruso and painted with his permission.

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 08:13 AM
link   

I've seen enough of those big grey things to last a lifetime. If they get the USS Forrestal to become a museum they will probably keep the mural on the mess deck wall. It was a drawing done by Hank Caruso and painted with his permission.

Awsome! As a birthday gift, I got a color illustration signed and numbered from Wing Commander Ian Hall, MBE. This picture doesn't do it justice, it's an amazing work.

Looks like he'd made one for yours too:

cgi.ebay.com...

new topics

top topics

join