It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hannity And Left Wing Proffesors

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 03:07 AM
link   
www.worldnetdaily.com...

College students bombarded with the personal political views of their professors are being urged by talk-show host Sean Hannity to fight back with hard evidence of purported indoctrination.

"Get your little tape recorders if legal, and I want you to start recording these left-wingers. Bring it to this program and we'll start airing it every single time on this program. I'm sick of this indoctrination. I'm sick of this left-wing propaganda."

Hannity's call to action comes in the wake of the case of Rebecca Beach, a 19-year-old freshman at Warren County Community College in Washington, N.J., who was sharply rebuked by an English professor for her announcement of a campus program featuring decorated Iraq war hero Lt. Col. Scott Rutter.

In an e-mail from professor John Daly to Beach, Daly wrote: "Real freedom will come when soldiers in Iraq turn their guns on their superiors."

He also said he would ask his students to boycott the event and vowed "to expose [her] right-wing, anti-people politics until groups like [Rebecca's] won't dare show their face on a college campus."

"That's free and open exchange of ideas and opinions on a college campus," Hannity commented sarcastically. "That's really cultivating freedom of thought."

"It's really brave of him to pick on a 19-year-old girl," Hannity said. "I want to see him send such an e-mail to me. And I dare this guy to come and debate me at this college. I'll even pay him to come debate me. And he needs a job now."

Even though Prof. Daly has already turned in his resigination, stories like these will continue to happen. This is not an isolated incident, and I like the fact that some of these Proffesors are finaly being called out on it.

I am by the way, not a Hannity fan, he comes as being a little bit too smug in my opinion. But in this case I think he is right on the money.

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Been to college and have seen both sides of politics.

Have had my head pumped that Nixon was the greatest president of all time. It goes both ways. Hannity only makes it out to be a liberal thing. SHould say Democrat, since liberal means so many things now.

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Maybe it is not an entirely Liberal thing, but I tend to think that it is mainly a liberal thing.

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Im not a Hannity fan either but I think he is mostly correct on this one. Hannity is not the only one saying this about colleges.
This type of one way thinking can only survive on a cloistered enviornment ..for cloistered you can substitute the word ..tenured.
Cloistered ..where only one viewpoint is allowed..while speaking about the right to free speech and of course tolerance. This has become obvious to many in America.
Once again this can only survive in a cloistered structure like college..with captive audiences. It will not survive among most Americans as evidenced by elections and public reaction. Public Schools and colleges have become protective enclaves for this type of thinking. The public is growing weary of this like they are growing weary of the media too.
One more thing..about this type of excellence..it preys on young peoples easily stroked emotions. This seems to be a common thread among this type of professor...high emotional involvement with the students as a control mechanism.

I too think that Hannity is a bit smug for my tastes.

Thanks,
Orangetom

top topics

join