It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rumsfeld Lies Through His Teeth

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2005 @ 05:43 PM
link   
www.prisonplanet.com...
If you get a chance watch Rumsfeld spin out a ridiculous notion that Bush didn't consult him prior to the invasion of Iraq. Since when does a President of the United States not consult his Secretary of Defense for a massive and long term Military Invasion? How long are we going to sit back and listen to glaringly obvious lies from these people. The really funny thing is that Dick Cheney is running around in a sweaty rage calling us the revisionists. Your three trillion bucks a year hard at work.

Google It and it won't take long to see how flimsy this is.

posted on Nov, 26 2005 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Oh this is a brilliant find!

But shouldn't journalists be asking him just that? "Is it normal for a president to not consult the SoD before the invasion of a nation?"

Either way, this dosen't make either of them look good.

posted on Nov, 26 2005 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Rumsfeld at least used to be that slick back of the picture type. But actually if you think about it, Rummy is downright creepy.

Iraq, Iran, Kurds, all of them were being trained and funded by the American Government, and all of them were out to kill one another. Selling the Iraqi's crop spraying helicopters, and negotiating the credits for chemical weapons precursors, funding the Kurdish uprising in Iraq, and selling intelligence to Iran, then using that money to fund a guerilla operation in Sandanistaville... all at the same time. Pure genius, sinister, but genius. Just Say No wonder Nancy didn't like the help they had around the house. Considering how and where they came into their money honestly scares the crap out of me to think Makes you wonder just how long has the Bush Regime been in power now? Walkers, Dulles, Prescott, George I, Hinkley er I mean Reagan, Dulles, Clinton (Yes Clinton, BCCI, Mena) George II, Jeb, the list of Bush Family Power is a long one and covers decades of American history.

Meanwhile back on topic lol...
Rumsfeld is a player though, make no mistake and he's a greater influence than alot of folks realize. He's intelligent old school Military and Pharmaceutical Money, sad to see him spinning such obivous rubbish.. So let's see, Bush didn't consult his secretary of defense in regards to the largest US Military operation in decades, and also says that he didn't consult his terrorism expert Richard Clarke either in regards to a war on terror... Maybe he should have because now that we have managed to enrage half the world and kill lots of people you can now quote Mr. Bush directly...

"There were no weapons of mass destruction."
-George Bush, Presidential Debate

"I don't know where Bin Laden is, I have no idea and I really don't care. It's not that Important. It's not our priority."
-George Bush
Given the above quotes, and over 2000 Americans later and only god know how many other people, I find myself asking then exactly what the hell are doing there then? Don't bother asking Rummy though, he wasn't consulted. How would like your boss to tell that to your widow?

Jesus I hate war.

[edit on 26-11-2005 by twitchy]

[edit on 26-11-2005 by twitchy]

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Rumsfeld said he would have been for the invasion even if he had known the intelligence was wrong! That blows me away. Seems he was determined to go in there regardless of the truth of the situation (which I suspected all along, it's just a shocker to hear him confirm it)!

He got really uncomfortable when asked if he was distancing himself from Dubya. How dare anyone ask a real question of this administration!

Fareed Zakaria said Rumsfeld was a potted plant on the show. Brilliant! Great clip!

A very Interesting in-depth Interview about Rumsfeld.

From the Interview:
How hard was Rumsfeld pushing on transformation, on his view of how things should take place?

During that phase of the war plan, Rumsfeld's experience in Afghanistan has really persuaded him of a couple of things. First, the efficacy of special forces: He likes them, and that's why I think actually there was quite an emphasis on using them in Iraq. The second thing is he felt you could be more precise in your use of force even on the ground. You didn't have to have big divisions, even big brigades; that there were ways of minimizing your trigger pullers and then minimizing the logistical tail behind them. I've heard stories again and again of Rumsfeld actually crossing off individual units from deployment plans, saying, "You really don't need this; you don't need this." Rumsfeld, to my knowledge, has not really addressed that directly.

[edit on 27-11-2005 by Benevolent Heretic]

new topics

top topics

join