It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feast of the giving of the law = All seeing eye ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Now we all know this picture by now, The All seeing eye

This is the Jewish symbol for "Feast of the giving of the law" from the encyclopedia of judaica. Now is it just me or is there something fishy going on here ?

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Bearing in mind that:
(1) The top pic -- from the US Dollar bill -- is often mistakenly construed as a masonic symbol but actually isn't and
(2) that the bottom pic you posted came from clipart.com hence
(3) one must accept your word (and I have no reason to doubt it) that the image appears in the Encyclopedia Judaica

The botttom object in the former is an unfinished pyramid
The bottom object in the latter appears at first glance to be a volcano, but most likely is a representation of Mount Sinai -- The mountain upon which Moses is said to have received the ten commandments. As I believe the latter, and this is my post, I'll use this reference henceforth.

Above the unfinished pyramid in the top picture is a depiction of the all-seeing eye or the "eye of Providence".
Above Mount Sinai in the bottom picture is a depiction of the 2 stone "tablets of the covenant" on which God had engraved the law.

Emanating from the Eye of Providence one sees rays of light, or a "glory" -- as is typical for such a depiction.
In the depiction of Mount Sinai, behind the aformentioned tablets, one sees what must be a depiction of
the "dense cloud" which God said he would come down to the top of the mountain.
Under the cloud we see the fire in which the Lord descended, and also the smoke created by said fire, all referenced in the same biblical description of the event.

In sum, in my opinion, the only real similarity between the two is the fact that both contain a rough quadrilateral that approximates an Isosceles Trapezoid.

Methinks you're reading a little too much into it, but that's just my opinion.

Then again, my free advice is always GUARANTEED to be worth at least 100 times what you paid for it...

DD

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Whilst reasing that Bible stuff, one thing stuck me as odd:

9 Then the LORD said to Moses, ‘I am going to come to you in a dense cloud, in order that the people may hear when I speak with you and so trust you ever after.’ When Moses had told the words of the people to the LORD, 10the LORD said to Moses: ‘Go to the people and consecrate them today and tomorrow. Have them wash their clothes 11and prepare for the third day, because on the third day the LORD will come down upon Mount Sinai in the sight of all the people. 12You shall set limits for the people all around, saying, “Be careful not to go up the mountain or to touch the edge of it. Any who touch the mountain shall be put to death. 13No hand shall touch them, but they shall be stoned or shot with arrows; whether animal or human being, they shall not live.” When the trumpet sounds a long blast, they may go up on the mountain.’ 14So Moses went down from the mountain to the people. He consecrated the people, and they washed their clothes. 15And he said to the people, ‘Prepare for the third day; do not go near a woman.’

Now, GOD says wash your clothes, stay away from the mountain etc etc, but mentions nothing about women.

Why does Moses then come down and mention nothing about going near the mountain but says dont go near a woman?

Seems he doesn't pay much attention to the word of GOD and sounds a little gay to boot.

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 09:01 PM
link   
My understanding -- and I am certainly no authority -- is that this would have been covered as part of the "consecrate them today and tomorrow" part. Read a bit more of the surrounding chapters and you'll see that the ancient Israelites had some rather strange (to us) ideas about women and "cleanliness".

During "certain times of the month" a woman had to move out and stay away until she was "clean" again. Maybe they weren't so stupid after all ...

DD

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 09:02 PM
link   

During "certain times of the month" a woman had to move out and stay away until she was "clean" again. Maybe they weren't so stupid after all ...

I hear that one buddy! Even when they are young, women are a pain! My 2 yr old daughter has a temper on her, just like her mother!

[edit on 25/11/05 by stumason]

new topics

top topics

join