It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meditation... my reflections

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Recently I have begun the practice of meditation. I have only been doing it for a few days but I have already begun to notice subtle but positive changes. I'm not exactly sure what I am doing but I have been able to calm down the activity in my mind significantly. Just as I was beginning my foray into the inner-world I noticed an interesting article:

www.canada.com...

Confirmation perhaps. Well I am already seeing some very positive results so this wasn't too surprising, but I found it to be very interesting. The fact that there is a significant measurable change in the brain is interesting to me and proves in my own eyes that meditation "does something" for us.

I am now addicted and try to meditate everyday.

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by robinm
I am now addicted and try to meditate everyday.

Great article!

Meditation does have an innumerable amount of benefits, and improving physical health is just one of them.

What technique(s) are you using to meditate?

If you want to explore deeper you might want to take the following course, which requires no registration.

Gnostic Meditation

All the best,
Akashic

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Right now I am just trying to focus on detachment of my active mind, and watching my thoughts, but not enganging them by involving myself in them.

I have tried a few other techniques, one the Dalai Lama (whom I've had the pleasure of seeing in the flesh, an awsome experience) uses where you try to envision yourself in duality. On one side you envision yourself reacting to enviromental stimulus and being reactionary to them (anger, jealousy ect). On the other side you witness yourself at a state of complete peace, reacting by being subdued and meditative (your ideal self).

I also try to visualize my body, cells vibrating and oxygen permeating into them. It is different, but fun. I try to regulate my breathing as much as possible and focus on that to get into the "zone". I will definately check out the link, thank you for that my friend.

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I began meditating around 2 years ago twice a day for several hours each session. I have noticed a dramatic change in my attitude as well as an increase in my ability to assess situations more clearly. Meditation teaches you to control your emotions and makes you much more able to deal with day to day occurences.

I've been spreading the word and already have several close friends enjoying the benefits of balanced mind and spirit.

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 04:06 PM
link   
iam new to the whole "meditation" thing ive have being doing it for 3 weeks and after every session i get really tired,is this normal?

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Well you feel very tired but its also a position of clarity of mind. Try a guided meditation session, hypnosis, you are much more active and might have a different experience all together.

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by WERE_ALL_GONA_DIE
iam new to the whole "meditation" thing ive have being doing it for 3 weeks and after every session i get really tired,is this normal?

After meditating are you tired physically, or mentally? Both?

It might be due to a technique you are using. You might be fighting the mind, rather than vigilantly observing it.

What technique(s) are you using?

After a meditation you should feel very relaxed. Most of the times I feel as if I have more energy, and a calm mind after meditation.

[edit on 16/11/2005 by AkashicWanderer]

top topics

join