It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Robertson warns "God has left your town"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Well, they did say this:

Senior Kuwaiti Official: "Katrina is a Wind of Torment and Evil from Allah Sent to This American Empire"

Katrina

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 04:45 AM
link   
I think Pat and other officials such as from the quote above about Katrina are amusing. They are amusing and scary at the same time. They are amusing because they think they know God so well that they know that God is punishing someone or about to. They are scary because if they believe that, there's no telling what they also believe or are capable of doing. I find it interesting that everything they talk about is always God doing this or that yet I thought I heard that the prince of darkness was in control of this realm here on Earth. Of course if that is true, it's very clever and sneaky using people like Pat and the official in the middle east talking about Katrina to claim that God is doing all this destructive work on our planet.

As far as the decision to vote out the school board, I think it sounds like a mistake to not teach theories when all that we have are theories. I thought schools were supposed to teach but I guess students will have to learn on their own. On the other hand maybe the decision to vote out the school board had nothing to do with what they were wanting to teach but simply politics.

[edit on 12-11-2005 by orionthehunter]

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 07:56 AM
link   
What gets me is that I see this "intelligent design" thing as a very "unchristian" thing!

Evoulution is much freindlier to the religion in my view.

It's my understanding that intelligent design says that someone created everything in existance using the very human quality that we refer to as intelligence....it leave us to decide just who this intelligent being might be....aliens? a "GOD" or "Gods"??? or maybe just a bunch of bumbling fools much lilke ourselves??? And, hey, we have intelligence, don't we.....and well, we "create" don't we??? Why, by golly!! We're up for the task!! We can do it!! Let's go terraform mars, splice a few dnas, create a few creatures to inhabit the planet, and then splice a few more!! Create some halfway intelligent creatures to be our slaves, and well......WE CAN BE GODS!!!

to me, this is what this is, a way to get the masses more accepting to the time when they start their own little creation.

but wouldn't this be a very "unchristian" thing to do?

at least with evolution, it all happened naturally, and God is the driving force behind the natural.....we mere humans tend to just sit in awe really of the great majesty. It leaves creation where it should be, in God's domain, a great mystery!

GOd used a power, a force, that is lightyears beyond "intelligence". and our intelligence would only yeild us a mockery of what he has accomplished!

the theory attempts to degrade God to a more human level.....so why are Christians so gun ho about the idea...I can't understand. God has been degraded enough by us bumbling fools!

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by koji_K
Can you imagine what would happen if it were a Muslim religious "leader" saying "God has left you... do not be surprised when disaster strikes your town?"

They did. Every time anything happens in America they claim it.
And yet when the earthquake hits muslim pakistan they
don't say it was because God was angry.

I have to go along with the previous comments - (paraphrased)
Robertson has been off his rocker for years ...
Judge not lest ye be judged ...

And as far as 'intelligent design' goes .... YES I do think it's a viable
theory that should be put forth. It's just one of many theories.
We definately COULD have been intelligently designed. As far as
I'm concerned, we could all be a big 8th grade science project for
an ET somewhere. Or we could be a big experiment that some
race decided to plant some DNA and see what happened ....
Or it very well could be that GOD Himself made us (which is what
I think probably happened .. he made us by using Evolution).

All the theories are as good as any other. But for Robertson
to spout like that?

[edit on 11/12/2005 by FlyersFan]

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 10:50 AM
link   
What I meant was, imagine if a Muslim leader said what Pat Robertson said.. not imagine if a Muslim leader said after the fact that a disaster was because of God's wrath. What Robertson said sounded like a threat, not an explanation of a disaster that already occured.

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Really, why do they give air time to those that just like the sound of their own voice. And then the media beats him up a little and he clarifies? He sure did clarify that he isn't a man of god that is tolerant and loving.

Following questions from the media, Robertson clarified:

I was simply stating that our spiritual actions have consequences and it’s high time we started recognizing it. God is tolerant and loving, but we can't keep sticking our finger in his eye forever. If they have future problems in Dover, I recommend they call on Charles Darwin . . . Maybe he can help them.

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 03:20 PM
link   

YES I do think it's a viable theory

define:theory
a well-substantiated explanation of some aspect of the natural world; an organized system of accepted knowledge that applies in a variety of circumstances to explain a specific set of phenomena; "theories can incorporate facts and laws and tested hypotheses"; "true in fact and theory"

define:hypothesis
a tentative theory about the natural world; a concept that is not yet verified but that if true would explain certain facts or phenomena; "a scientific hypothesis that survives experimental testing becomes a scientific theory"; "he proposed a fresh theory of alkalis that later was accepted in chemical practices"

ID is not even a hypothesis while Evolution has been accepted as a Scientific Theory by those who count, Biologists. Any attempt to change the definition of science by the more theocratic amoung us, is a concession to Evolution as they are admitting they cannot show ID is just as valid as Evolution under the same rules. It's called moving the goal posts and is a purely a political move(just like the whole ID movement)

[edit on 12-11-2005 by sardion2000]

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by koji_K
What I meant was, imagine if a Muslim leader said what Pat Robertson said.. not imagine if a Muslim leader said after the fact that a disaster was because of God's wrath. What Robertson said sounded like a threat, not an explanation of a disaster that already occured.

Something more along these lines?

"Do you know the chant of the Islamic Jihad as they go throughout Israel? "We will push Israel into the sea, and then we will destroy America, the great Satan." That’s the chant of the radical Muslim fundamentalists. "We'll push Israel into the sea, and then we'll destroy America, the great Satan." There is a violent anti-American spirit within the realm of the Islamic Jihad, the fundamentalist Muslims."

www.kingshouse.org...

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Jso- Extremist Muslim leaders threaten America and Israel all the time. As a result, America and Israel have taken a pretty harsh approach to extremeist Muslim leaders, and rightly so.

All I meant to imply by my first statement was that if Pat Robertson was a Muslim leader instead of Pat Robertson, he would be under heavy police scrutiny by now. I know that there are plenty of crazy statements like that made by Muslim leaders, I am not denying that at all, so why do I get 3 people all quoting statements made by such?

[edit on 13-11-2005 by koji_K]

[edit on 13-11-2005 by koji_K]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join