It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

L.A. Schools Help Students Attend Bush-Bashing Rally

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Someone should probably read what's actually on the screen instead of what they wanted to see. They're talking about a different protest on the home page, a protest protesting disciplinary actions being done against students and faculty involved in this. That's not what you wanted to see, though, was it. Did you even read the page? Or did you expect that you could twist my words, ignore some and comment about something I didn't even bring up, throw in several insults and a condescending tone, and I would roll over and play dead? Oh, or did you think I would go off, telling you to lay off the crack or something in response and totally ignore the topic at hand? What was it? I'm really curious, because the mentality that all your opponents are idiots and you're God's (well, randomness') gift to mankind is a foriegn concept to me, and I want to understand.

[edit on 11-15-2005 by junglejake]

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Since you swear I am missing the fact that this thread was not started as a regurgitation of the RIGHTWING BLOGSPHERE propaganda du jour, and the "proof" on the page you cite says there REALLY WERE BUSES AND OFFICIAL SCHOOL DISTRICT Promotion of students/faculty attending the event.....because it's either not there or I can't see it, because of my superiority complex being in the way, I guess.

[edit on 15-11-2005 by Bout Time]

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Well Jake Bout Time beat me to it. Dj, a republican, says that a school sanctioned a protest and then gave buses to take kids to it. The article itsaelf says the opposite, therefor republican lieing, again.

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake
That's odd...They seem to be holding a protest over some disciplinary proceedings taking place in LA over some kind of fictitious story created by Republican hacks.

But they are protesting that the students were punished for going to the rally, for walking out of school. There is nothing there about School officials or school buses used to move them to an anti-bush rally.

being done against students and faculty involved in this

Surely I don't see it then, where's it say faculty? THe only faculty there are people that signed some list for that website, not the original protest, and don't necessarily have any connection to the school involved.

Apparently this whole debacle tracksback to "Katharine DeBrecht", who issued a 'press release' making the original, and utterly fraudulent claim.

Also, isn't this guy:

The one who ended up being paid by people in the administration to put out news stories and reports that were in their favour not so long ago??

I wouldn't say Djohnsto is lying, he, like me, thought that the story was real. Apparently its a complete load of crap, being passed around by people duped by it (like us) or, in some cases, people paid to propagate it.

This is really terrible.
Goodfind Bouttime.

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 10:21 PM
link   
I don't think this story is bunk. Perhaps the high school bouttime cited wasn't part of it, but this is still a widely reported:

World Can't Wait -- an anti-Bush, anti-war group, recently staged nationwide protests. The organization coordinated rallies in Chicago, Seattle, New York, San Francisco -- and Los Angeles.

The Los Angeles Unified School District took things a step further. The district helpfully agreed to provide buses -- that's right, buses -- as well as "adult supervision" to the nearly 800 high school students who walked out of 10 high schools. District officials said they thought it best to provide adults and transportation, since, you know, the kids intended to go to the rally, anyway. "Our issue ... was safety," said the district's chief operating officer, "and I think we fulfilled our mission, frankly."

Really? Forgive some of us for thinking that the district's mission was ... education. And, given the less-than-superb academic performance of Los Angeles public school students, the educrats, one would have thought, would have frowned on allowing the kids to skip classes.

DailyBreeze.com

If it's not true than great -- students were getting educated rather than indoctrinated. I don't live in L.A. and have had no chance to witness this for myself, but I tend to believe it.

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Boy, do I ever feel like an [expletive]hole. The one time I go after you, Bout, is the one time I'm dead wrong and your actually right. I misread the website and missed the word, "other". As a result, I thought Geovany Serrano didn't fall into the "student" group, and therefore was faculty. As to dismissing the story as lies because Republicans wrote them...Sorry, still going to reject that. Like many other stories, I will continue to follow this one. Currently, thanks to Nygdan actually giving reasons for not believing a news story, I have no reason to believe the buses were actually used, but I will follow it to see if anyone picks it up and addresses it from a non-blog platform.

Oh, and Nygdan, it wasn't Bout that caught that originally. UfoofU was the first to point out that it was a lie, and presented the same amount of evidence as Bout Time. I just addressed Bout Time because I knew he was a resident, prolific political hack. UfoofU may actually believe what (s)he stands for, instead of just believing in whatever their party tells them to believe. So Bout just chimed in with UfoofU on the issue; he didn't catch it himself
No offense, Bout, just giving credit where credit's due.

I hate it when this happens
Me? Wrong? What? YES! Doh!

[edit on 11-16-2005 by junglejake]

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Can the Left handed compliments get anymore derisive? Some tweezers are called for to extract that wild hair you got for me, or else that acerbic mood you're in will lose all panache and just be what it sounds like....plain old vitriolic!

Selectiveness on sources - the LA Daily News and LA Times are the papers of record for that area, with the LA D encompassing about a dozen local papers making a media group ( if you would have looked into what I posted). None of those papers, which cover every single one of those school districts, issued on or reported the propaganda ( Sorry DJ, just because Larry Elder is syndicated and shows up on the Daily Breeze, does not give legs to being "widely reported" = validity). So, GO-GO GADGET detective all you want, it's not going to become the story the RIGHT WING BLOGSPHERE wants it to be.
But hey, you've never accepted the truth from me on a myriad of topics because you're so focused into this "my team" crap....why start now?

IMPORTANT QUESTION:

- Will the threads author and advocates NOW focus in the opposite direction? Meaning, this was jumped upon as an Obvious LIBERAL bias that is polluting kids into taking a LIBERAL side in politics.
But since the actuality is that the schools took an AUTHORITARIAN/ULTRA CONSERVATIVE POSITION and did everything from possibly illegal lock downs of campuses to physical restraint to making up fines......will you PATRIOTS go after that?

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 08:31 AM
link   
They weren't meant to be complements, but yes, they could be more derisive.

The LA Daily News and LA Times are the primary news sources for that area. However, just because a story isn't covered in one of their news papers doesn't mean that the story wasn't written or the event never happened. On top of that, just because someone else reported the story doesn't make it automatically false until the local newspapers jump on it. There are stories that are broken that the local media doesn't cover until it becomes a national news story. On top of all that, just because a right wing blog breaks a story, that doesn't make it automatically false. I seem to recall Dan Rather running with a story he really wanted to believe before a little right wing blog known as Little Green Footballs exposed the story for the fraud it was.

Now, in regards to going after the schools locking down to prevent more students from walking out, probably not. From what I currently understand, some schools did have lockdowns after students were protesting and trying to drag as many other students to this rally creating a walkout, and the LAUSD may have a policy to allow students to walk out. This is questionable, however, because the only reference to this policy is a memo stating students should not be stopped from walking out. Locking down a school to prevent students from leaving, however, is not any kind of political indoctrination, nor does it appear to be illegal. The kids are required to be in class, by law, unless a parent or guardian takes them out, and this particular school elected to enforce this by locking down the school.

As to the fines, I can only assume you're talking about the truancy fines? Those aren't made up. Ditching school is illegal. It is typically a misdemeanor offense. If a cop nails you for being out of school, he will arrest you, write you a ticket, and bring you to school. That, too, is not political indoctrination. If they didn't give the fines for truancy because the kids were going to a political rally, then that would be a form of political indoctrination. Fact is, the truancy officers did the same thing on the day of the rally as they do every day. It just so happened that on that day a few more students were out and about when they shouldn't have been.

So is it now ultra-conservative to enforce the law?

[edit on 11-16-2005 by junglejake]

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Again, the topic maker said A, the articla says B, therefor he lied. Not that it is surprising since he is republican. Hmmm, who is currently going to court for lieing? Scooter! I guess DJ picked the wrong role model. Although, what I don't get is the republicans wanted to impeach Clinton for lieing under oath, but then was found not guilty, yet they attack the democrats for going after Scooter who lied under oath about something a lot more serious then a hummer.

Edit, gave the other guy, Bout Time, a Way Above award just because. Dude you have a lot of points, must have been dealing with these kind of people for a looooong time.

[edit on 16-11-2005 by UfoofU]

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 01:03 PM
link   
? Why can't I edit again? Anyways, so republibots, aren't going to defend yourselves after such a thorough beating? Next time read the article before you post it! IT clearly says the exact opposite of what DJ said. Wow, talk about being blind to things you don't want to see.

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by UfoofU
? Why can't I edit again?

After a certain amount of time or posts (not sure which) the edit option goes away. As to this,

[uqote]Anyways, so republibots, aren't going to defend yourselves after such a thorough beating?

The simple answer is no. I was incorrect in thinking the article was accurate. Why would I defend a position that I know is wrong? That would be a bit dishonest and foolish, don't you think? I talk about and defend that which I believe, not what someone else tells me to talk about and defend. Intellectual honesty isn't limited to one ideology

posted on Nov, 20 2005 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Cool you aren't braindead. Also, cool pic with the kid and the light socket.

posted on Dec, 10 2005 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I don't see how this is liberal. I'm a diehard conservative / republican, and Bush.... is neither of those. He's an idiot who doesn't know what he's doing.

He doesn't even obey the constitution!

*Mod edit for profanity*

[edit on 10-12-2005 by Amuk]

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Im in high school. I was at the anti-war/Bush rally in D.C. and I would jump at the chance to go to a rally with my friends. These students were not forced to attend. They wanted to go.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join