It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calling demons and angels.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 07:42 AM
link   
I saw a post o\in I belive this forum but can't find it now. Anyway someone mentioned Aliester Crowley calling out a Demon of sorts in the king's chamber of the main pyramid in Giza. They stated there was video of it but I found one of a Crowley documentry and some guy from England did the same ritual and had a response of a creepy voice. Has anyone seen this? Do you think that was true or a stunt? Also is there video of Crowley or others doing it? Last what book was used and how historical is it?

As far as angels go he made mention of Solomn being able to call out angels. I assume the ritual used is not known? I always thought it was Solomn or Hiram that had some secret key for using demons in defense in war. Any ideas?

Also if anyone know's of anything related please add.

Edit:
The video I saw was Master of Darkness @ 14:50 into it.

[edit on 9-11-2005 by japike]

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 06:18 PM
link   
did you ever watch lord of the rings?? (i think) or maybe harry potter? anyways they make mention of calling armies of demons to be on sides of battles. i think you probably can IF everyone involved ok's the demons to be by their side. have you ever read anything about it in anton levey's book?

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Both LOTR and HP are FICTION. Please do not compare them to real events.. Plus there are no demons in LOTR. In ROTK, Aragorn goes and recruits the whole ghost army thing, but that's about as close as it gets. Harry Potter I don't know, because I have never watched it. I read half of the first book and threw it against the wall, and proceeded to write a very large essay on why Harry Potter is horrible and a ripoff, and why LOTR is much better. But yeah anyways.. I would have to definately advise against trying to summon demons, and much less trying to control them and tell them what to do. Because you won't succeed in either if you don't know what you're doing.

I will say that the information is out there if you look hard enough, but I would personally not go down that dark path.

As for an Alister Crowley video, he died in 1947. So if there was a video, it wouldn't be very good quality anyway.

[edit on 13-12-2005 by Yarcofin]

Cug

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by japike
I saw a post o\in I belive this forum but can't find it now. Anyway someone mentioned Aliester Crowley calling out a Demon of sorts in the king's chamber of the main pyramid in Giza. They stated there was video of it but I found one of a Crowley documentry and some guy from England did the same ritual and had a response of a creepy voice. Has anyone seen this?

No video of Crowley doing it as this happened in 1904

The short version of the story is...

Crowley was on his honeymoon with his first wife. They went to spend the night in the Kings Chamber (you could do that sort of thing then). Crowley, who had not practiced magick for some time (He was disillusioned over the whole matter), decided to preform the "Preliminary Invocation" of The Goetia (aka the Bornless ritual) just so he could show off to his new wife.

The result in Crowley's own words

From the "The Confessions of Aleister Crowley" (His autobiography)
However, back to the facts. The King's Chamber was aglow as if with the brightest tropical moonlight. The pitiful dirty yellow flame of the candle was like a blasphemy, and I put it out. The astral light remained during the whole of the invocation and for some time afterwards, though it lessened in intensity as we composed ourselves to sleep.

That's pretty much the whole story of this event. I'm guessing the demon references come from the next spring, when Crowley received the Book of the Law.

Last what book was used and how historical is it?

The book used was The Goetia, The book claims to date back to King Solomon, but most now believe it was created in the middle ages.

As far as angels go he made mention of Solomn being able to call out angels. I assume the ritual used is not known? I always thought it was Solomn or Hiram that had some secret key for using demons in defense in war. Any ideas?

The rituals used are very well known.. you can get them at your local Barnes and Nobles, or Borders. The Greater Key of Solomon (Deals with angels) and the Lesser Key of Solomon (AKA The Goetia that deals with demons).

Also if anyone know's of anything related please add.

Feel free to ask some more questions. If I just started talking about this randomly I'd end up writting a book

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Seems to me like dangerous business, bringing the attention of greater beings upon yourself. Maybe I'm just scared easily, but why would you try such a thing?

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 08:47 PM
link   
This is one of the "newer" subjects I have been reading on as of late...

One thing I have found that might interest you is the Testament of Solomon....

I haven't read it completely, yet, but I do know that it mentions Solomon receiving a ring from God that allowed him to "capture" demons that were hindering the building of the temple....He then questions these demons and enslaves them (with the ring, I presume) to force them to help build the temple.

I don't know that you should personally toil in such matters as summoning demons or angels. Your spirit is probably not strong enough to withstand their presence. It isn't a game, and could have a very problematic outcome.

If you are curious as to whether it can be done, from my readings, the answer is yes.

Cug

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedeemingSpirit
Seems to me like dangerous business, bringing the attention of greater beings upon yourself. Maybe I'm just scared easily, but why would you try such a thing?

Nothing greater about them. It's kind of like wild animals, if you know what your doing you can control them, train them even but if you turn your back your lunch.

But if you get down to the brass tacks of the matter you will find there is nothing "paranormal" about them. They are just parts of your subconscious, and you could say that by working with them your practicing a form of psychotherapy. This is also why it's something dangerous to attempt if you don't know what your doing.. you could literary go quite insane.

Originally posted by JSquared
One thing I have found that might interest you is the Testament of Solomon....

I haven't read it completely, yet, but I do know that it mentions Solomon receiving a ring from God that allowed him to "capture" demons that were hindering the building of the temple....He then questions these demons and enslaves them (with the ring, I presume) to force them to help build the temple.

Testament of Solomon seems to be quite a bit older that the other Solomonic text, it was probably what inspired the latter books. BTW the ring is not like one you were on your finger it's something more like these.

The Ring of Solomon

Another Solomonic ring

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Parts of our subconscious? As in OUR subconscious as an entire species, or each individual's subconscious? These are both ideas I've never encountered/considered before.

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by japike
Any ideas?

Regarding the devil & demons: Don't do it, don't do it, don't do it.

As a survivor, please don't.

Christians call up God all the time for help, should it be for the greater good. Yes, angels are a part of His crew and had the opportunity to talk to 2 of them. Nice, helpful guys, but making demands and frivolous wishes won't to anyone any good.

[edit on 15-12-2005 by saint4God]

Cug

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedeemingSpirit
Parts of our subconscious? As in OUR subconscious as an entire species, or each individual's subconscious? These are both ideas I've never encountered/considered before.

Well both really. The symbols used in evoking say a Goetic demon effect what Carl Jung called the collective unconscious which in turn stimulates the individuals mind.

For example in the Goetia one of the things the demon Andrealphus can offer is the teaching of geometry. By using his seal and performing the evocation you are triggering things in the "collective unconscious" that in turns stimulates the portion of your mind having to do with math and geometry.

For what it is worth, I'm not 100% sure that the collective unconscious is what does it. But it's something very close in concept.

saint4God,

I have a feeling that your story would be a good example of don't do this until you know what your doing.
Anyway while the names are the same your not dealing with the Christian devil with this stuff. Odds are the term "demon" is historically used in it's Latin (daemōn - spirit) or Greek (daimōn - divine power) meanings. But I have no doubt the name was also used to scare away someone who is not prepared to undertake the process. Like I said it can mess you up.

[edit on 12/15/2005 by Cug]

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Thanks for acknowledging the dangers that go on, but I don't believe there can ever be a way in human existance to "know what you're doing" in this case. Humans do not control the devil nor dark daemons, though they can invite them into their lives. There can be the deception that you're in control, but it's not true. They may play along in order to get an opportune moment, but never are you in control of them.

The information you're posting Cug is dangerous. You do realize this, yes?

Cug

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God
Thanks for acknowledging the dangers that go on, but I don't believe there can ever be a way in human existance to "know what you're doing" in this case. Humans do not control the devil nor dark daemons, though they can invite them into their lives.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the odds are you believe someone can exorcise a demon from the body (Their's or someone else's) by calling on the name of God/Jesus correct? Something like "In the name of Jesus I command you to leave." That type of thing.

Well in these texts it's the same thing, you command them in Gods name, In other words your not using the Human authority to command these spirits your using Gods authority.

The information you're posting Cug is dangerous. You do realize this, yes?

The danger lies in self deception, and the losing control of the ego. There are checks and balances built into the system to help one avoid "danger" (For example someone just reading the books will not be able to do a thing unless they know the basics.) Anyway nothing I posted will let anyone do a thing with out further serious study. If I posted how a doctor does a appendectomy Am I posting something dangerous? Sure if someone attempts to do it without medical study.. it's the same thing really. Well, not counting any personal religious views.

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Perhaps it's only because I haven't already waded through these types of posts before, but let's here the worst case scenarios to keep the unwary student on his/her toes. There are many references to calling such spirits in different texts - if you've read this thread and you think that we should be forewarned, by all means give us some anecdotal information!! Something along the lines of - here are the books/texts/types of people you should research, or you could have this happen to you.... I'm sure there would be many that would be interested in hearing anecdotally (not experiencing) what kind of things can go wrong.

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cug
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the odds are you believe someone can exorcise a demon from the body (Their's or someone else's) by calling on the name of God/Jesus correct? Something like "In the name of Jesus I command you to leave." That type of thing.

That's something those of us who are saints can do, yes...however,

Originally posted by Cug
Well in these texts it's the same thing, you command them in Gods name, In other words your not using the Human authority to command these spirits your using Gods authority.

Don't you recall what happen in Acts?

"Some Jews who went around driving out evil spirits tried to invoke the name of Lord Jesus over those who were possessed. They would say, "In the name of Jesus, whom Paul preaches, I command you to come out." Seven sons of Sceva, a Jewish chief priest, were doing this. One day the evil spirit answered them, "Jesus I know, and I know about Paul, but who are you?" Then the man who had the evil spirit jumped on them and overpowered them all. He gave them such a beating that they ran out of the house naked and bleeding."

The Jewish Priest's lord was not Christ, therefore was powerless in using his name. Have I called upon Christ's name? Yes. Has it worked? Yes. But I am not to put the Lord God to the test.

Read on, there's more about sorcery there.

Originally posted by Cug
The danger lies in self deception, and the losing control of the ego.

And hand-grenades, nuclear weapons, summoning demons, grabbing exposed electrical wires, etc.

Originally posted by Cug
There are checks and balances built into the system to help one avoid "danger" (For example someone just reading the books will not be able to do a thing unless they know the basics.) Anyway nothing I posted will let anyone do a thing with out further serious study.

Fires start with a spark.

Originally posted by Cug
If I posted how a doctor does a appendectomy Am I posting something dangerous?

I think a better analogy would be giving an 8-year-old a scalpel saying, "go for it kid".

Originally posted by Cug
Sure if someone attempts to do it without medical study.. it's the same thing really.

We're all "children" when handling these evils, no matter how big one's confidence is.

[edit on 19-12-2005 by saint4God]

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 03:14 PM
link   
if you want to see a demon look in the mirror!

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by vonwoolf appollonia
if you want to see a demon look in the mirror!

That was not nice
. Apology is in order, please.

[edit on 27-12-2005 by saint4God]

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yarcofin
Plus there are no demons in LOTR.

There's a fire demon in Fellowship of The Ring
The Balrog.

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Interesting thing is that while the actual lesser key of Solomon and also the Greater key are relatively "new" (ie: middle ages) the sigils and much of the material dates back to Babylon. These were probably Chaldean tools to summon (mostly lesser) deities we now call Demons (are these demons? Well, idols are Demons according to the bible, just bad Elohim wanting worship, so I guess you can call them demons). Some of the names are of unknown origin though (ie: Forneus- highly uncommon name for any deity coming from Babylon, the sigil would lend some light on who this actually refers to, but I wouldn't suggest looking into it...) Most of the names are highly familiar to those into Sumerian mythology however (ie: Beelzebub= Baal Hadad, Moloch=Melqart, Bel, Belphegor, etc. just interchanged forms of the old Canaanite deitie's name).

[edit on 27-12-2005 by Nakash]

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Summoning either could be catastrophic for anyone. I'd have to say Saint4God is giving good advice. No one who is oblivious to their own motivations and intentions should not venture too far into such dealings.

Know thyself.

To invoke such spirits with foul intent will only bring you foul intentions. The spirits can only be a mirror of what you are, since it is you who are channelling them. You are making yourself the medium of their messege. And there is no assurances truth will be there, especially if you are "self preserve" at the very core of all the cells that comprise you!

"Self preserve" is the same as every cell that comprises you and you yourself being at the very core of your being, the very core of your conscioussness, the very epitome of all you are is: "Self before I serve anything or anyone". And if you by your very instincts are always thinking of you first you measure all possible options, and you only see two choices:

1) How can this help me and the things I hold reverence for?
2) How can this hurt me and the things I hold reverence for?

Everything people who are enslaved to "Self Presevation" can not be free of there fears. And if you invoke anything from fear and hate then fear and hate is what you will have summoned!

What is the opposite of LOVE??

-----------------------------------------

Hate you say?

Then you have failed to even be honest with yourself. You do not even know who you are, so how can you know what you are attempting to summon?

Hate you say?

But, how can you honestly justify your own hate without first fearing that that which you hate has the potential to deminish/destroy something or someone you love? It is only your fear of loosing what you love that invokes hate and anger and rage and destruction and vengence and ... .. well .. . . . . every negative emotion stems from fear. But obviously people who do not know this are too cowardly to even resolve their own fears within their own minds, before they manifest their own fears in my reality. Sometimes people are so afraid to face their own fears within their minds that their subconscious mind assists them with manifesting their own fears so they can face them, sometimes without the person even being consciously aware of excactly how much control they had over the situation.

If you attempt to invoke or summon supernatural entities without knowing why you do what you do, they will teach you who and what you are, a coward who is too fearful to even face yourself. And, they will not be kind about you having desturbed them, unless your intentions are pure and devoid of fear and all nontruths that stem from fear.

It would be wise to not invoke them, unless you are prepared to die, and prepared to forfeit your very existance for the service of all existance itself. You must be in a state of mind that you are above nothing, and hold all else in higher reverence than yourself, but you must still love yourself.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join