It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aaron Brown from CNN outed and I know why

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 06:30 PM
link   
On Oct 31, 2005 Aaron ran an amazing show where he interviewed many former cia employee's including director's, he went into full detail about pre war intelligence in a show called 'dead wrong'.

People were coming out left right and centre and exposing distortions conjured up by the bush administration.

He also went into the important part about the downing street memo.

Ironically the next day (Nov.1st) the democrats pulled rule 21 out of there hats and got the focus back on the pre war intelligence.

Ironically the next day (Nov.2nd) Aaron Brown gets outed and Jon Klien (the president of cnn) doesn't say why.

Short Article

My speculation anyway.

Also I went to cnn the past few days to go over the transcripts and thats the only show they have where there are NO transcripts.

Odd huh.

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I'm thinking they are doing this on purpouse.

CNN and all the other news networks can't critisize the Bush admin without making sure they have someone to take the blame/fall.

This Aaron fellow took that role upon him.

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Sure. How dare he speak the truth?

Its so much like communism, its spooky. Shut up or you hang.

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I have a theory why they got rid of him....HE SUCKED!!!

CNN has major problems, when you've been around for like 5 times longer than FOX but have like 1/3 the ratings, you're in trouble.

Anyway, shouldn't this be in Education and Media instead of Political Conspiracies?

[edit on 11/2/2005 by djohnsto77]

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77

CNN has major problems, when you've been around for like 5 times longer than FOX but have like 1/3 the ratings, you're in trouble.

Anyway, shouldn't this be in Education and Media instead of Political Conspiracies?

[edit on 11/2/2005 by djohnsto77]

Agree!!! I tried to watch him, but his voice grated on my nerves..
CNN losing it's best 'thinking' anchors to fox..Where are Ted and Jane?

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 07:26 PM
link   
"Aaron Brown from CNN is now unemployed and I know why"

I though this thread was about something else for a minute.

So they fired him for his show? I hope there is a clip saved somewhere for posterity.

I'd like to see what gets a man fired at this "liberal media" outlet.

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 07:43 PM
link   
That too. He not only dared speak the unspeakable but he could put you to sleep within 5 seconds.... Yawwwnnn

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 07:46 PM
link   
link from Drudge..
guess he was MISSING his family?

drudgereport.com...

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Aaron was/is a snore.

In that "amazing show", Dead Wrong..
He didn't accidentally OUT an undercover agent or two, did he?

Just wondering.

jra

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I didn't mind Aaron Brown at all. I thought he was alright. If he did get canned because of his program, that's really sad. Now I want to see what he reported on exactly.

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 08:14 PM
link   
He is out because he was the most condescending, egotistical anchor CNN ever had. He delivered every line with a smugness unmatched since the days of big broadcast news. Good riddance!

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 08:36 PM
link   
A minor clarification if it is ok.

by TrueLies

Aaron Brown from CNN outed and I know why

On Oct 31, 2005 Aaron ran an amazing show

Ironically the next day (Nov.2nd) Aaron Brown gets outed

The show was first presented August 27th, with an encore on August 29th 2005 as can be seen here atCNN Transcripsts
Aaron was outed a full 30 days after "dead wrong" was first aired.

The transcripsts are there, just not for the date that you said.

I have not located the video yet, but here is the direct link to the transcript of Dead Wrong

[/clarification]

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 08:45 PM
link   
For those of us who keep track of the events in the media.

Brown was not happy for a long time. The increasing "Cooperfication" of CNN left him out of place and when Anderson began co-anchoring him he was visibly angered by Anderson at times.

People *like* Anderson Cooper because he is human and brings an emotional factor to the story telling. His ratings took a huge jump when he began asking tough questions in New Orleans.

I prefer Aaron Brown but hey. He'll end up anchoring World News Tonight or the CBS Evening News now. He has a distinct "grown up" quality about him that lends legitimacy to a broadcast.

Very sad to see him go.

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77

The rating were up 27%, where do you get 1/3 the rating from???
And the reason they were up is being Cooper joined newsnight.

The transcript can be found in the above post.

I guess they decided to reair that show on halloween.

And a reporter wouldn't quit his job because he missed his family, he could of just taken vacation time. We'll find out the real reason soon enough.

I just find the past 3 days events fit together like pieces of a puzzle, thats all.

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 11:35 PM
link   
What's happening????

Liberal media types have started apologizing for their "mistakes" (sloppy seconds guy) and now 'another one bites the dust' with the sacking of Aaron Brown. Dan Rather was axed previously and Peter Jennings committed suicide (by smoking himself to death).

Add in the changes at NPR and it looks like the media wind direction has really started to change - hopefully back to the center!

What's next, college faculty members and other teachers?

[edit on 11/2/2005 by centurion1211]

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
Add in the changes at NPR and it looks like the media wind direction has really started to change - hopefully back to the center!

Your right, turning every news station in this country into another Fox news is just what the country needs to get it back to it's 'center' ...
sure there bud.

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueLies

Your right, turning every news station in this country into another Fox news is just what the country needs to get it back to it's 'center' ...
sure there bud.

Your words, not mine.

I actually believe that news reporting that's too far to either side serves no one.

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Your words, not mine.
I actually believe that news reporting that's too far to either side serves no one.

Agreed... I assume thats a utopian idea these days though. Not sure when we'll ever get back to our 'center' if we ever will again.

[edit on 4-11-2005 by TrueLies]

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling
I prefer Aaron Brown but hey. He'll end up anchoring World News Tonight or the CBS Evening News now. He has a distinct "grown up" quality about him that lends legitimacy to a broadcast.

That's the way to climb the corporate ladder! On the back of a dinosaur! What's going to happen when Aaron's ratings are just as miserable there as they were at CNN?

Grown up indeed, Aaron should practice his upcoming sign off: "Thank you for visiting (fill in fast food chain of choice), enjoy your meal, please come again."

Dismissed.

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Major Discrepancy
That's the way to climb the corporate ladder! On the back of a dinosaur! What's going to happen when Aaron's ratings are just as miserable there as they were at CNN?

I'm not defending Aaron as I'm not a regular news watcher anyhow, I just happened to catch the investigative report he did on pre war intelligence and it was very good. What made the show good was the interviewee's, and the first hand documents that held proof evidence was fixed.

I know you have your partisan sunglasses on so there is no point in discussing anything with you, I just wanted to make the point clear. Have a nice day.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join