It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Denver Voters OK Possession of Marijuana

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Why pot has not been legalized yet is beyond my understanding, If the goverment would just tax it and sell it we could probably get this nation out of the red

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 09:54 PM
link   
about time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! go denver
jeff (i will see u soon)

p.s. deny hate

Rage aginst the machine, taking down one corrupt power at a time. Scheduled to get back together next year.

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Shows how stoned they are, since Colorado state law bans possession of pot. God I'm not even from Colorado and I knew this.

[edit on 3-11-2005 by NWguy83]

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by CoffinFeeder
lovely, just what we need... another addictive substance for the weak minded sheeple to consume so the corporations can get another hook into them.

Right on man, eat up that propaganda.

Although you are quite mistaken, it's been proven that, unlike alcohol and tobacco, marijuana is not physically addictive.

Educate yourself with facts not propaganda.

[edit on 11/3/05 by redmage]

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Guys, marijuana is decriminalized to one degree or other in about a quarter of all States; Oregon, California, Nebraska, Minnisota, Alaska, Missouri, N.Carolina, Ohio, New York, Maine, etc. And other states have mild 'first time' offense penalties for possession.

Did you know you can have up to 4 ounces in your home in Alaska and there's no penalty? No ticket, no fine, no jail time. It's simply not an offense.

Anything less than 1 lb is a misdemeanor.

Alaska is one of the few states where cultivation and sale isn't an automatic felony either. Possession of less than 25 plants is protected under the Alaska Constitution’s right to privacy.

Anyways, point being, this Denver thing, it isn't any big deal really. Colorado state law allows for up to an ounce, which they consider a 'petty offense'. Not sure what that is, but I'm assuming that's not even a misdemeanor. No jail time, up to $100 fine.

You have to have more than 8 ounces for it to be a felony charge.

Check here for more information:

www.norml.org...#

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by thesaneone
Why pot has not been legalized yet is beyond my understanding, If the goverment would just tax it and sell it we could probably get this nation out of the red

good point. marijuana sales alone would almost split the national debt in half

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Here's a thought
Why not go out and start some massive petitions and get it legalized?
We are a nation by the people, for the people, of the people.
As such we have the right to choose what our laws are.

If you can get enough people on your side of a subject then you can get pretty much anything done with that subject!

I am not for legalization, but I will fight to the death to defend your constitutional rights to try to legalize it.
I will vote against you, but you have the right to try!

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 01:59 PM
link   
mrjones
even if every single american were to do that, it would never lead to the legalization of marijuana.
This has been aptly displayed this year by the Supreme Court ruling tha the Federal goverment had the right to overrule individual states on it's laws in regards to marijuana.
11 states had made it legal one way or another weather it was a limitaiont on the amount in possession to growing your own to use for medical reason. The supreme court overturned the states laws and the federal goverment now is setting out after those who thought that they were following the law.

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrjones
Why not go out and start some massive petitions and get it legalized?
We are a nation by the people, for the people, of the people.
As such we have the right to choose what our laws are.

If you can get enough people on your side of a subject then you can get pretty much anything done with that subject!

I am not for legalization, but I will fight to the death to defend your constitutional rights to try to legalize it.
I will vote against you, but you have the right to try!

Hilarious... and probably a little naive. You see there is this thing in America called the Lobby and the Lobby has ta TON more money than you, me and all of the tokers in the country combined. Especially when said Lobby consists of the Tobbacco Lobby, Alcohol Lobby, Pharmaceutical Lobby, Paper and Pulp Lobby, Textile Lobby, Petroleum Lobby and the Chemical Lobby - ALL COMBINED!!!

None of the aforementioned would dare to consider, or even allow for the legislature to consider either the legalization or the decriminalization of marijuana. You see Cannibis, either in it's nonpotent Hemp form or it's medicinal Delta-9 THC form have profound uses that could easily replace products that offer significant revenue to the aforementioned industries. Allowing such a plant to enter the mainstream in ANY form would hurt their profits. Their answer... make sure the politicians understand WHO finances their reelection campaigns and that they are unconditionally against this act and it's over - kaput. No initiaitive. Done.

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo
Especially when said Lobby consists of the Tobbacco Lobby, Alcohol Lobby, Pharmaceutical Lobby, Paper and Pulp Lobby, Textile Lobby, Petroleum Lobby and the Chemical Lobby - ALL COMBINED!!!

Don't forget the big business that is the enforcement of the laws. Fines, property siezures, tax funding to support the war on drugs, etc.

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo
Hilarious... and probably a little naive. You see there is this thing in America called the Lobby and the Lobby has ta TON more money than you, me and all of the tokers in the country combined. Especially when said Lobby consists of the Tobbacco Lobby, Alcohol Lobby, Pharmaceutical Lobby, Paper and Pulp Lobby, Textile Lobby, Petroleum Lobby and the Chemical Lobby - ALL COMBINED!!!

None of the aforementioned would dare to consider, or even allow for the legislature to consider either the legalization or the decriminalization of marijuana.

I'd bet the Taco Bell lobby would be all for this.

This issue is all a smoke screen, a dead topic really. The powers that be would actually benefit from the legality of this but they leave it out there and let people continue with the verbal masterbation over it. Keep you from looking at the REAL issues that need to be addressed, like them.

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

This issue is all a smoke screen, a dead topic really. The powers that be would actually benefit from the legality of this but they leave it out there and let people continue with the verbal masterbation over it. Keep you from looking at the REAL issues that need to be addressed, like them.

I wish I could vote you for Way Above

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 01:12 AM
link   
[q]Why not go out and start some massive petitions and get it legalized? [/q]

A group called "NORML" (National Organization for the Reform of Marajuana laws, I think) has been trying for years... petitions, lobbyists, smoke-ins, etc.

[edit on 4-11-2005 by craig732]

[edit on 4-11-2005 by craig732]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join