It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If You Have a Kid In Public School, Make Sure You Read all the Fine Print...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 10:18 PM
link   
If you have school aged children in public schools, please read this article. According to the NEW FREEDOM COMMISSION, our children are going to be mentally, and emotionally treated, to pills, counseling, and implants.
Mental Health Screening In Schools: Signals The End Of Parental Rights

Mental Health Screening in Schools Signals the End of Parental Rights
Nancy Levant

In the 2005-2006 school year, all parents will receive written notice of new policies from your children’s schools. Many schools will ask you to sign permission slips, allowing school counselors or “advocates” to have conversations with your children. You will be told how your local schools are now involved in vision and dental screenings, learning disabilities and speech impediment screenings, and other acts of kindness, but watch for the small print or the extra little blurb, which states that your children will also be evaluated for emotional wellness. Watch for wording like “happiness indicators” or “family participation.”

The fact is that our president has mandated that every American child, age 3 through 18, is federally ordered to be evaluated for mental health issues and to receive “enforced” treatment. Welcome to President Bush’s New Freedom Initiative and New Freedom Commission on Mental Health. Welcome to life-long profiling and drug addictions, New Freedom-style.

They can do ALL of this because public schools qualify to bill medicaid for their services, making them a government institution. This chills me to the bone. Next thing you know, employers will start doing this as well.

Amendment describing "New Freedom Commission"

Mod Edit: ALL-CAPS title

[edit on 1-11-2005 by kinglizard]

posted on Nov, 1 2005 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I scanned your link to the article and the link to the New Freedom Commission on Mental Health and was unable to find solid information to support the claims of the article? Namely the claim that the treatments would be "mandated" "forced", etc. Could you point out where in the New Freedom Commission it says this?

Still, I am always perturbed when a political-pharma marriage occurs
I am inclined to think money is the real interest here and not general concern for the EMO kids.

If this treatment is really going to be mandated I think I will join The Resistance (seen the movie Equilibrium?)

[edit on 043030p://1u04 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Nov, 1 2005 @ 08:44 PM
link   
This discussion is already going strong:
Thread

EDIT: Ok, wrong thread...I know there is one...I just have to find it.

EDIT: Ok, found it:
The right thread

[edit on 1-11-2005 by Rouschkateer]

[edit on 1-11-2005 by Rouschkateer]

new topics

join