It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Real Dreams"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I wasn't sure what to search for this under to see if it's been done, so I'll just take the risk and make a new thread.

Anyway, every once in a while (About 3-4 times a month) I'll have a dream during the night that isn't as fantastic as most would be. It's literally my entire day played out. So then sometime maybe the next day, days, weeks, once even two years, etc in the future that day will play out. I will realize it usually a few hours after waking up. I know every word that's going to be said in my hearing range. Everything that's gonna happen, and it really freaks my friends out.

For example, about a month before I moved to where I am now, I had a dream about my first day of school here. So when the day came, I knew the exact layout of the school, everyone's names, what was for lunch that day, what we'd do in gym and so on. It totally freaked everyone and me out. so then I explained to them what happened and things were ok.

My point is however, I would like to know what this that makes it happen. Some stage of extra cognitive development or what?
Thanks

posted on Nov, 1 2005 @ 03:00 AM
link   
what is happening is when you sleep you actualy are seeing into annother reality some people get to glimps into a reality that is identical to ours only a few secconds, minnets, hours, days, weeks, months, years, or longer ahead the problem with this is that people try to see the future but since their are millions upon millions of different realitys that are so close to ours but still different the future of that world may differ from ours so that person may get some predictions wrong.

but you seem to be one of the fortunate you seem to be locked in to the right line.

now their are a few things that can stimulate this occurence it could be a certain type of food you are that caused a chemical reaction that cause you to be able to view this other reality it could be the magnetic forces of the earth that are alighned in specific times of the year or perhaps the position of the planets has a role to play in it.

however you can learn to control this gift through meditation. esentialy controled dreaming the easyest way to meditate is to either be in complete silence wich can be hard in a city or to have soft music playing (it is best to have music with no lyrics because words can cause you to lose focus)

once you have either of these two things close your eyes (this helps to block out the world around you) next you should try to visualize one of your dreams you had (the most recent one that came true) and while visulizing try to recreate the fealing around it then after you have done this try to stop the dream in its place (like pausing a movie) then try to move forward or backward in time (like fast forwarding of rewinding a movie)

it may take a few trys but it should work.

[edit on 11/1/2005 by Salanthus]

posted on Nov, 1 2005 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Salanthus

but you seem to be one of the fortunate you seem to be locked in to the right line.

once you have either of these two things close your eyes (this helps to block out the world around you) next you should try to visualize one of your dreams you had (the most recent one that came true) and while visulizing try to recreate the fealing around it then after you have done this try to stop the dream in its place (like pausing a movie) then try to move forward or backward in time (like fast forwarding of rewinding a movie)

it may take a few trys but it should work.

[edit on 11/1/2005 by Salanthus]

Well, I guess that's kinda cool I'm able to do this. It always seemed a bit awkward that I could do it but my friends couldn't But then again, at the same time it's not. So hmm...

I'll see if I can get a chance to try this. Never done meditation before in my life, but maybe it'll work. Perhaps I can get a chance to try this week.

posted on Nov, 1 2005 @ 06:37 PM
link   
The ability to foresee future events, in the astral or dreamworld, is gained through accessing the Akashic Records. These records store all thoughts, actions, and events from everything that has ever existed.

When you see a future projection in the Akashic, it does not mean that this is how the future will be. You have the ability to change it, but if left passive from most variables the circumstances should play out as seen.

posted on Nov, 1 2005 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Can you guys break this stuff down to something simpler?

I honestly for the most part know not a single thing of what you're saying.

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 03:47 PM
link   
When we go to sleep our consciousness shifts from the physical body, and into the astral body. This body resides in the 5th dimension, or astral dimension. The 5th dimension is directly affected by subconscious elements in your psyche. Dreams are created by subconsciously changing astral matter into whatever fantasy you are living at that moment.

When one starts to live in the now and be in awareness during the day, these fantasies start to decrease. After a while there is lucidity (knowing you are dreaming) in the astral, and with more practice there is objectivity (no dreams at all.)

In the astral there are what is called "The Akashic Records." These records store all thoughts, actions, and events that have ever happened in the physical dimension. It also contains different timelines that one may choose to go on.

It is possible that you are accessing the Akashic Records, and in a sense looking into the future. These would explain the decrease in subjective elements in your "dream", and the way you can foresee events.

I suggest you listen to this Podthread (no Ipod required), and learn the basics of Astral Projection.

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by SFRemmy
Can you guys break this stuff down to something simpler?

I honestly for the most part know not a single thing of what you're saying.

I don't know what this guy is trying to say either I've never herd of this Akashic Records before I think this is his own belief or somehting someone made up to try and explain something he didden't understand and to me it seems a little far fetched more like fantasy than reality

my theory goes along with energy and einstiens theorys of alternate realitys you see how it can be explained is that their are an infinite number of realitys each that are identical to our own however every seccond their are realitys that are created through every action and their is one universe for every possibility for everything that can possibly happen

now what it is is that the energy patter that you put off when you sleep that seems to be randomly ocuring aligns you with the universes that are in the same line as we are esentialy the ones that will take the same course as us course with meditation you can learn to manualy align yourself with the same energy fields as the other universes normaly you cannot control where you are looking and everything just plays as normal but if you meditate and practice you can eventualy learn to take control of the other you and go where you want to go

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 07:44 PM
link   

I think this is his own belief or somehting someone made up to try and explain something he didden't understand and to me it seems a little far fetched more like fantasy than reality

A quick google search shows up that I didn't make up the Akashic Records. In fact there are 149 000 hits.

Have a look yourself:
Google Search on Akashic Records

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by AkashicWanderer

I think this is his own belief or somehting someone made up to try and explain something he didden't understand and to me it seems a little far fetched more like fantasy than reality

A quick google search shows up that I didn't make up the Akashic Records. In fact there are 149 000 hits.

Have a look yourself:
Google Search on Akashic Records

Well, no offense AkashicWanderer, but i'm going to stick with the Einstein one. I don't buy too much into the astral projection idea. It just seems too far fetched to me, but then again I don't know much about it so that may be it.

So for the time being I guess I shall try and do meditation or something of that sort.

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Well, no offense AkashicWanderer, but i'm going to stick with the Einstein one.

Einstein's theory of Relativity (which I assume is "Einstein's theory of Alternate Realities") is incompatible with current quantum mechanics, as they still have not found a true quantum theory of gravitation.

I'm wondering if Salanthus can expand on which of Eintein's theories hold the notion of alternate dimensions, and in which of his papers is the idea that one can transfer to different alternate realities.

I don't buy too much into the astral projection idea. It just seems too far fetched to me, but then again I don't know much about it so that may be it.

The great thing about Astral Projection is that there isn't anything to buy. Astral Projection can be tested through direct experience, and not by intellectually analyzing it.

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 12:46 PM
link   
SFRemmy,
Have you never heard of Edgar Cayce? He used the Akashic Records as a means to predict things and cure people. It is in a sense a library of all information that can be accessed by certain unknown means i.e sleep, trance or astral projection or whatever.
With your Einstien theory it sounds quite ok until you remember that we can't move from one universe to another.
Another slant on this is the use of Cause and Effect. The causal agent might not effect the effect until many years later i.e a dripping tap with the plug still in. So what I suggest is that your 'effect' for that day of 'deja vu' ness might have been caused the day you dreamt it and in that you pick up on the 'effect'. This 'effect' is guaranteed to happen unless you cause something else that cancels the first effect out. SO you might dream of things that never happen because you caused them not to and dream of things that do happen because you never caused something else to happen instead.
Does that make sense??/?

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 06:28 PM
link   
never heard of Edgar Cayce but like I said the fact that these records have a spesific name and that some one knows this special name makes it kinda honky and that some unknown entity is recording all of this for no real purpose and someone stumbled upon this supposed record

and my theory does not say you actualy travel their it is just your energy that does and it links you with the other realitys einstien never said you coulden't travel their physicly it was just that you would have to be converted to pure energy to do so and some how be converted back

you can call the space in between realitys the astral plane but thats just a name somone gave it it is just empty space where nothing exists not a spiritual realm or anything its just empty space

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 06:50 PM
link   

I said the fact that these records have a spesific name and that some one knows this special name makes it kinda honky

Do not pay attention to the name, for the name is just a label to try to describe the concept. The concept itself is not the name.

and that some unknown entity is recording all of this for no real purpose

How do you know it is being done for no purpose?

Who said anything about an unknown entity?

and someone stumbled upon this supposed record

Had the Akashic Records not been discovered would you be more willing to believe in them?

einstien never said you coulden't travel their physicly

Einstein didn't say a lot of things, we should focus on what he did say.

Again I ask which of Eintein's theories talk of alternate realities, and the shift of energy between them?

you can call the space in between realitys the astral plane but thats just a name somone gave it it is just empty space where nothing exists not a spiritual realm or anything its just empty space

The "astral plane" is a label describing a dimension in which matter is vibrating at such a high frequency that it does not reside in the physical dimension.

You can label empty space as "astral plane" if you wish, however the concept astral plane as will be presented in an Encyclopedia is not as such.

[edit on 3/11/2005 by AkashicWanderer]

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by shihulud
SFRemmy,
Have you never heard of Edgar Cayce? He used the Akashic Records as a means to predict things and cure people. It is in a sense a library of all information that can be accessed by certain unknown means i.e sleep, trance or astral projection or whatever.
With your Einstien theory it sounds quite ok until you remember that we can't move from one universe to another.
Another slant on this is the use of Cause and Effect. The causal agent might not effect the effect until many years later i.e a dripping tap with the plug still in. So what I suggest is that your 'effect' for that day of 'deja vu' ness might have been caused the day you dreamt it and in that you pick up on the 'effect'. This 'effect' is guaranteed to happen unless you cause something else that cancels the first effect out. SO you might dream of things that never happen because you caused them not to and dream of things that do happen because you never caused something else to happen instead.
Does that make sense??/?

Was cayce the one who claimed to be an atlantean and was the equivalent of a modern day Nostradamus?

And no, you lost me. I understood some of that, but not a lot.

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Was cayce the one who claimed to be an atlantean and was the equivalent of a modern day Nostradamus?

Yes that was Cayce. heres a link for more info
www.edgarcayce.org...
OK cause and effect easy explanation.

Cause = You plug up a sink and leave the tap to drip
Effect = sink overflows and floods.
The timescale for this could be days or years i.e water evaporation, speed of water drips etc.
So when you cause this (plug up sink) you might be picking up on the effect(flood) and are able to see the effect before it happens. However this effect might not happen if the cause is changed i.e the plug is removed before it floods. Therefore unless the cause changes the effect will always be what happens.
Is this easier to undestand?

G

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Again I ask which of Eintein's theories talk of alternate realities, and the shift of energy between them?

it was Einstein's theory of relativity it has alot of aplications that are unknown
www.friesian.com...
it is explained somewhat their

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 10:23 PM
link   

it was Einstein's theory of relativity it has alot of aplications that are unknown

it is explained somewhat their

The link provided explains Einstein's theory of General Relativity and its implications with the space time continuum and the string theory. The extra dimensions mentioned there are not alternate, but layered. It does not explain the existance of multiple physical dimensions, but rather the existance of a 4th, 5th, 6th, and so on dimensions.

If anything, this article adds to my point, as it talks about the existance of the 5th dimension, or astral dimension.

[edit on 4/11/2005 by AkashicWanderer]

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 11:17 PM
link   
like I said it was explained somewhat not in entirety it expands to encompass the theory of alternat realitys in the fact that is does speak of layers and it actualy doses say that these layers could be other realitys or universes the ammount of layers is infinite

and btw I know other realitys exist I have actualy traveled from one to the other however it is not purposely now it is not me pysicaly that has traveled it is my energy that shifts with the me in annother reality it has happened at least 2 times that I know of since the realitys are so simular the only way I knew was because the day previously me an a friend watched a movie the next day I was talking to him about the movie and he had no idea what I was talking about and it happened one other time when he was talking about somehting he had disscussed with me a day earlyer and I had no idea what he was talking about

I wish I could control it but I can't even figure out how I do it since it happens when I sleep and I don't dream otherwise I would have something to go off of

I know their must be a way to control it then I would be able to move freely between realitys and perhaps visit the future or the past in an alternate reality I would like to go back and do things differently

posted on Nov, 5 2005 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by shihulud

Yes that was Cayce. heres a link for more info
www.edgarcayce.org...
OK cause and effect easy explanation.

Cause = You plug up a sink and leave the tap to drip
Effect = sink overflows and floods.
The timescale for this could be days or years i.e water evaporation, speed of water drips etc.
So when you cause this (plug up sink) you might be picking up on the effect(flood) and are able to see the effect before it happens. However this effect might not happen if the cause is changed i.e the plug is removed before it floods. Therefore unless the cause changes the effect will always be what happens.
Is this easier to undestand?

G

Yeah, that's much easier to understand. thanks.

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 07:36 PM
link   
SFRemmy

I'm going to come from a difference perspective. First I believe you were given a gift. It is your choice if you decide to use it or not. You can let the events play out the way you dreamed them. You also have knowledge of what is going to happen such as someone is going to be hurt by what someone else says. You have a chance to prevent the conversation, and/or comfort the person that was hurt.

You are not the only one who has seen into the future. I don't know what religion you are, but the Bible tells of various people from the Old Testament all the way to Revelations who have seen the future. They were either shown by an angel, or had dreams of it. The Bible says in the last days people will prophesy and dream dreams. The Bible says that God knew the end even before the beginning much as an author knows the end of the book before he/she begings to write it. You could very well be seeing the future.

Remember we know less than 1/4 of what there is to know about our world and especially the spiritual world. Someone mentioned astrial projection. First the Bible teaches that we live in the body, but have a spirit and soul. I'm not going to get into the arguement if the spirit and soul are the same or different, and if different what is the difference. Let's just call it a spirit. Our spirit can travel out side of the body, which is known as an out of body experience. It is mostly assoicated with near death experiences. Others believe that our spirit travels in the spiritual realm when we sleep. Others even claim to be able to do so through putting yourself in a type of trance through meditation. Your spirit being able to travel outside of your body is known as asterial projection. Be careful if you try this, since I have heard some dangers assoicated with this, especially on the Christian side of things.

I believe the best would be to let it happen naturally. When you realize what is happening, that is when you can try to control what you are seeing as if you had a remote in your hand. I know many people can control their dreams once they are aware they are dreaming. I have done it a couple of times mostly to wake myself up though.

The other thing to think about to think about is why you are dreaming that particular day. Is it that your aprehensive about the days you dream about? Or is there something being shown to you that you need to take notice of?

With dreams like these you can go further with ideas of destiny and predetermined many have thought on over the centuries. Is what you dream actually predetermined and the main events will happen no matter what you do? Or can you actually change the main events that will happen that day? If you dream of someone getting hurt, can you prevent it being able to control your own destiny and your own path in life? Or will it happen anyhow, and the only thing you may be able to deal with is the aftermath?

Einstine I believe it was believed that time can be affected like a small wave in a pond. Eventhough the first wave may be insigifant, it actually creates larger, and larger waves. Just as a tiny insigifnant eveny can eventually affect a major event later on. This idea can be seen in the movies such as the Incrediables. The small insigifnant event was Mr. Incrediable ejecting Buddy out of his car and that led to him being sued. Later on that one small insigifant led to Mr. Incrediables worst enemy who was Buddy himself.

You don't have to understand everything that is happening to you. Just know that it is, and that you can use it as a tool to help others and/or yourself in the future. As a comparison it is like us using computers, but unless we are gurus we can't begin to grasp exactly how and why these things work. We just know they work and we use them. Please don't ask us to program them especially from scratch. With the spiritual realm and dreams I see us as new users not sure what to do and tentively testing things hoping we don't do anything wrong and crashes on us.

If you don't understand anything I said, ask me, and I'll break it down further and simplify things further for you.

[edit on 7-11-2005 by Mystery_Lady]

top topics

join