It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Never heard of this...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Is this lady insane or what? Have any of you guys ever heard of such a thing? I just came across this story from 1999 on the net and I am wondering if this is something that anyone out there has ever heard of or has any explanations to.
Creature of the dump

She stopped about four to five feet away from the creature. What she could see of it was poking out of the ground about five inches. "At this point, I wasn't sure what end of the animal I was looking at," Paula said. "It was about two inches in diameter, and the end of it was perfectly smooth and round - like a cue ball. It was light-brown in color, very much like the surrounding earth. It had a worm-like shape, but didn't taper down at the end as worms do, and was firmer around looking. It had no distinguishing or familiar features to indicate to me what it was."

She could not detect any eyes, mouth, nose or ears. It had no fur, scales or worm-like ripples on its skin. What it did have was patches of peach-like fuzz - very fine and spaced apart like the hair on a young human's arm - covering what looked like soft, dusty skin about the texture of a person's. It was not wet, slimy or tough looking.

All of a sudden, while I was examining it, two big beautiful crystal blue eyes popped open! Now I knew what end of the animal I was looking at.

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 04:47 AM
link   
my first response to stories like that is " why did the witness just stand there ? "

some attempt to kill / capture it would have been a good idea - IMHO

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 04:56 AM
link   
If it were me and the creature is as small as she says, I would have snatched it up. If it were Bigfoot I would understand...Maybe

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Sounded like an egg for the first 3/4 of it, until she said it had eyes that opened up
. I'd have to agree though. 2 inches across... just pick the thing up. Or at least poke it with a stick and see what happens, to make sure it doesn't have something crazy to attack with. Otherwise, she was officially just seeing stuff in my opinion.

Seems from the poll on that site that most people would be equally dumb though:

What would you do if you encountered an unknown creature?

Run away as fast as I could. (174)
13%

Try to study it. (415)
31%

Try to communicate with it. (174)
13%

Try to capture it. (214)
16%

Try to kill it. (129)
9%

I don't know. (193)
14%

No way we can really verify this. It's just word-of-mouth from some crazy lady. Could have at least marked the spot and ran back for a camera, captured it in something laying around, anything!

One of Paula's hobbies was prowling through old junk yards and dump sites for vintage old bottles and glass.

'Nuff said!

[edit on 29-10-2005 by Yarcofin]

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 09:36 AM
link   
This seems to be a very interesting story. Good find! I would not be so quick to dismiss her (the lady from the story) just because she has a hobby that may seem a bit odd to you. We all have our own little quirks dont we. Anyway, I will be following this story through the website provided because it has grabbed my attention.

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 09:53 AM
link   
12 12 2012 :

now you have drawn my attention to the nature of her hobby - i am more amazed that she did not capture it

the lady digs in trash dumps - thats a potentially hazardous endeavour , so i would assume that she cariies such equipment to safely handle the stuff she dids up - that will likley be contaminated with various biological and chemical hazrds and keep them contained till she could get home to clean / steraliise the finds

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 02:57 AM
link   
I just thought of this...Why didn't she just grab some old tupperware or something, plastic bag, anything. I think she is just insane but I posted this story because it is interesting and I wanted to hear some other opinions on this. So keep em comin.

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I hope I'm posting this in the right place! Has anyone heard of an Ignot?
paranormal.about.com...

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I think you mean "Ingot" and the only definition of this word I can come up with has to do with metal working. No information on any search engines that I checked has to do with any type of animal.

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 02:06 AM
link   
I think it was a battery powered toy.

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 07:24 AM
link   
If people are throwing away ingots in their trash, I'd better get to the dump right away! And the lady in mention should change her hobby from collecting glass to ingots as well. Seems a bit more profitable!

external image

[edit on 31-10-2005 by Yarcofin]

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by alienartifact
Has anyone heard of an Ignot?

From original story link

An unidentified Southeastern Asian creature known as an ingot [possibly lingot]. Check with Agence France-Press for stories about ingots during the final years of French involvement in Indochina. They were seen burrowing everywhere, and the descriptions of the bodies and eyes match those of Paula's story. Old Indochina veterans in the French army could never explain them or where they came from, and there is no record of American sightings during this country's involvement later. General Jean de Lattre de Tassigny, supreme commander of French forces in Indochina, was so unnerved by sighting of burrowing ingots and the lack of information about them that he brought in a special team of researchers, who apparently found nothing. The ingot is like no other creature reported on earth, and it contributed to the general weirdness of the French experience in Indochina. Ingots were reported in large numbers in 1953 around the North Vietnamese site where an entire French regiment vanished without a trace. This disappearance may have had nothing to do with ingots, but there are still old veterans in the cafes of Paris, Bordeaux and Marseilles who swear there was a connection.

It was right in the link to the original story posted. I hope people took the the time to actually read the story because they already propsed this creature as the dump bound animal.

[edit on 31-10-2005 by 12 12 2012]

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 11:39 AM
link   
none of which explains what an " ingot " or " lingot " ACTUALLY IS in biological terms - does it ??????

the " french regiment dissaperaring sans trace " tripped my BS meter though

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 09:55 PM
link   
The fact that I can't find ANYTHING else on the web besides other people on other forums talking about that article makes me think that the writer made it up or knows something nobody else does.
(I'm back by the way. I can see nobody missed me. That's understandable.)

posted on Nov, 1 2005 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Sounds like a description of a new born snake. They can look very strange when they just exit the egg.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I too would like to know what this Ingot is can anyone find a decent link about it?

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 11:07 PM
link   
I'd say that it sounds most like a 'slow worm', appart from the blue eyes and "peach-like fuzz", most aspects seem to match.

Wikipedia: Slow Worm

Who knows? Though I'm confused as to why this was a second-hand account told like a story. Hmmmm.

[edit on 5-8-2008 by Xeros]

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Now and then when I'm browsing through, I'll see something that reminds me of that day and I'll look it up to see if anyone has found anything else out. Wow, has is been almost 10 years already? I think that I would like to know more about what a Lingot is myself.

I think this whole thing is upsetting and it makes me kind of mad so I've never approached or told anyone else about it. Maybe I shouldn't have told anyone at all. I certainly NEVER had any kind of radio interview with some guy about my experience. If there was an interview it was definitely not me he was talking to! Maybe it's not that big of a deal to others but I take offense at the use of God's name in vain and I was miss quoted in my initial posting. What I said when I first saw it was, "Oh my GOSH!" I don't know why it is told second hand on the one web site. Maybe they deleted the original by accident. I saved a copy of what I initially posted from my old computer and will post it some day if I actually come to the point where I care enough to look for it.

As for capturing the thing, that was never in my mind. I wouldn't want to be driving back home and have this thing, with who knows what kind of poison bite or stinger, get out of the plastic bin I had. I have enough trouble keeping it on the road as it is when the occasional spider comes crawling over my shoulder. It's different when you have the security of a big metal trowel in your hands as opposed to being trapped in a moving car. Besides, I wouldn't want to take it home and have it die on me, what if it's one of a kind?

And by the way, the places I go to are OLD disposal sites, not modern trash dumps and all the bottles I find have had the corks or caps rotted away and are usually half filled with dirt anyway. There are NO plastic bags where I go. I usually find things like the old whiskey jugs that are carmel colored and have the single finger hole up near the top so you can tip it over.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   
hey guys so i read that thing long ago.

but now, years later i am an exchange student in japan, i saw a short clip of the exact same creature in everyway, on a very grainy possible cellphone camera video.

made me remember, then i also remembered the pokemon digglett. maybe asian cultures know, or used to know somehting we dont.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Hmmm interesting story but it smacks of 'things amiss'.

I found this about an "ingot chewer?"...

Lorwyn's Ingot Chewer is a "greater elemental," an ethereal manifestation of an idea or daydream of Lorwyn in the form of a surreal combination of animal elements. Ingot Chewer has some characteristics of an enormous mole rat, including blunt claws that is uses to dig through Lorwyn's crust in search of metal morsels (ingots) to devour.

Methinks someone plays too many "magic" games.... who knows maybe its a baby "ingot".. LOL?

[edit on 12-1-2009 by Alter-Ego]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join