It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Libby Indictment On Line

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 02:54 AM
link   
I Lewis Libby Indictment has been posted to the web. Sorry the link is PDF format.

U,S, District Court Opinions

IN THE UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT
FOR THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA
Holding a Criminal Term
Grand Jury Sworn in on October 31, 2003
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA ) Criminal No.
) GRAND JURY ORIGINAL
v. ) Count 1: Obstruction of Justice (18 U.S.C. § 1503)
)
) Counts 2-3: False Statements (18 U.S.C. § 1001(a)(2))
I. LEWIS LIBBY, )
also known as “SCOOTER LIBBY” ) Counts 4-5: Perjury (18 U.S.C. § 1623)

INDICTMENT

COUNT ONE
(Obstruction of Justice)

THE GRAND JURY CHARGES:
1. At times material to this indictment:
Defendant’s Employment and Responsibilities

a. Beginning on or about January 20, 2001, and continuing through the date of this indictment, defendant I. LEWIS LIBBY, also known as “SCOOTER LIBBY,” was employed as Assistant to the President of the United States, Chief of Staff to the Vice President of the United States, and Assistant to the Vice President for National Security Affairs. In the course of his work, LIBBY had frequent access to classified information and frequently spoke with officials of the U.S. intelligence community, as well as other government officials, regarding sensitive national security matters.

b. In connection with his role as a senior government official with responsibilities for national security matters, LIBBY held security clearances entitling him to access to classified information. As a person with such clearances, LIBBY was obligated by applicable laws and regulations, including Title 18, United States Code, Section 793, and Executive Order
12958 (as modified by Executive Order 13292), not to disclose classified information to persons not authorized to receive such information, and otherwise to exercise proper care to safeguard classified information against unauthorized disclosure. On or about January 23, 2001, LIBBY executed a written “Classified Information Nondisclosure Agreement,” stating in part that “I understand and accept that by being granted access to classified information, special confidence and trust shall be placed in me by the United States Government,” and that “I have been advised that the unauthorized disclosure, unauthorized retention, or negligent handling of classified information by me could cause damage or irreparable injury to the United States or could be used to advantage by a foreign nation.” The Central Intelligence Agency

Continued...

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

With the investigation continuing I Won't be surprised if it runs amok the Republicans next election campaign. I mean who could run and win. Or will they let the Democrates win and take the heat?

...Fitzgerald's spokesman, Randall Samborn, said the investigation will continue but with a new grand jury. The term of the current grand jury cannot be extended beyond today....
www.wtkr.com...

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 08:56 AM
link   
What will these indictments do to the Republican chances at winning the next round of elections, will the Reps blow it off and leave this mess to the Democrats.
Or will they try to continue with there game plan.

Cheney, Libby Blocked Papers To Senate Intelligence Panel

By Murray Waas, special to National Journal
© National Journal Group Inc.
Thursday, Oct. 27, 2005

Snip~~
The new information that Cheney and Libby blocked information to the Senate Intelligence Committee further underscores the central role played by the vice president's office in trying to blunt criticism that the Bush administration exaggerated intelligence data to make the case to go to war.
The disclosures also come as Special Prosecutor Patrick Fitzgerald wraps up the nearly two-year-old CIA leak investigation.

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 05:35 PM
link   
How was he leaking information.. and who to? I have read lightly on the current situation but not to in depth. Any info would be appreciated; Thank you.

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I'm not really sure what you are getting at. Libby was indicted for not telling the same story over a year apart for an investigation of a supposed "outing" that turned out to not even be a crime. How hard will it be to say that it was just a recollection issue? You could make the case there was no motive to lie because there was no crimeto cover up. He will get off and no other indictments will be had. This will only affect republicans running for office if they become spineless and capitulate to the lies and fraud of the left and their big media cohorts. This is another example of a group of idealogues who get defeated by the people over and over again trying to sabotoge the will of the majority. They have no ideas or platform. Their only outlet is to try to use partisan zealot prosecuters to try to drum up bogus litigations.

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Apoc
This is another example of a group of idealogues who get defeated by the people over and over again trying to sabotoge the will of the majority. They have no ideas or platform. Their only outlet is to try to use partisan zealot prosecuters to try to drum up bogus litigations.

What majority? Oh, that majority, yes the polls show what the regular American majority is heading too.

By the way the information leak actually comes from where Libby got the leak and it points out to Cheney but it has to be libby the one to involve Cheney and he rather goes to jail to do that.

He probably gets a nice pay off and a good job with Haliburton after the jail time is over.

That is how the elite works you watch my back and I watch yours later.

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 03:10 AM
link   
What majority you ask? The only majority that counts, the one that votes. If you'd rather believe weighted and spun CNN polls than election returns that's your failing. Oh but I'm sure you believe that elections are "fixed". Keep on believing that. Thus you will never get your party to accept the fact is has no ideals or solutions, purely adolescent whining.

There is a reason that that Republicans own the house, senate, executive, and shortly, the supreme court. Because you blue state elitists are a minority and will continue to lose in free elections (of course unless you cheat and have the dead or felons voting as is your legacy).

[edit on 13-11-2005 by Apoc]

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Apoc
What majority you ask? The only majority that counts, the one that votes. If you'd rather believe weighted and spun CNN polls than election returns that's your failing. Oh but I'm sure you believe that elections are "fixed". Keep on believing that. Thus you will never get your party to accept the fact is has no ideals or solutions, purely adolescent whining.

There is a reason that that Republicans own the house, senate, executive, and shortly, the supreme court. Because you blue state elitists are a minority and will continue to lose in free elections (of course unless you cheat and have the dead or felons voting as is your legacy).
[edit on 13-11-2005 by Apoc]

You can't even be serious? This administration has been full of questions. Mostly very serious scandals that faded like a fart in the wind.

During Clinton's 8 years, how much money was spent on investigations that were fruitless? How much Presidential time was wasted on questions that would have been better answered after his term had expired?

"Their only outlet is to try to use partisan zealot prosecuters to try to drum up bogus litigations."

I guess that door swings both ways depending on which side you are on, huh?

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by white4life420
You can't even be serious? This administration has been full of questions. Mostly very serious scandals that faded like a fart in the wind.

During Clinton's 8 years, how much money was spent on investigations that were fruitless? How much Presidential time was wasted on questions that would have been better answered after his term had expired?

"Their only outlet is to try to use partisan zealot prosecuters to try to drum up bogus litigations."

I guess that door swings both ways depending on which side you are on, huh?

How soon we all forget...

Let us think about the Clinton Administration for a moment:

47 individuals and businesses accociated with Clinton were convicted, or pled guilty to crimes (33 of which occurred during the Clinton Administration).

In addition to that, 61 indictments/misdemeanor charges were brought against those associated with Clinton. Five Cabinet members were among those under criminal investigation.

Compare Clinton's Administration to:
Nixon Administration (Watergate) - 40 government officals indicted or convicted

That leaves us with a Clinton legacy of many firsts for the White House (and many records):

*the highest number of convictions and/or guilty pleas by friends and associates
*the highest number of cabinent officials under criminal investigation
*the first 'First Lady' to come under criminal investigation
*the first president to establish his own legal defense fund
*the first president accused of rape
*the first president sued for sexual harassment
*largest amount of illegal campaign contributions
*largest amount of illegal campaign contributions from overseas
*the first president to be held in contempt of court
*the first president to be disbarred from the US Supreme Court, and a state court
*the highest number of witnesses to die suddenly
*the highest number of witnesses to flee the country and/or refuse to testify

[edit on 13-11-2005 by SourGrapes]

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by SourGrapes

And if we could only have the same amount of wasted time, money, and effort investigating every little detail that the Bush Administration does then we'd have a fair comparison.

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by white4life420

Originally posted by SourGrapes

And if we could only have the same amount of wasted time, money, and effort investigating every little detail that the Bush Administration does then we'd have a fair comparison.

huh? What in the world do you think the dems have been wasting their precious time, energy, and money on?

Just hard for some ppl to face the music and realize their hatred for the administration is just that, 'hatred'. Nothing else.

top topics

join