It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PRC new trainerjet

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 12:32 AM
link   
The new trainer aircraft is going to be first fly at this end of year before.
This plane is a competitor of another trainerjet called FTC which developed by J-7.
As its advanced technique, the L-15 even will be a light attacker in redchina army.
Also it is a stronger competator of advanced trainer fighter in world's weapon market because of a lower price compair with yak-130, which are only two twin-engine trainerattacker.
The news is the L-15 will be carrier attacker since its small size, twin-engine and complex aerodynamice designe.

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 12:35 AM
link   
It kind of looks like the kiddie cart version of the F-16
. It is nice though, I have to say, any idea as to when it will "acutally" come into service, and what force it will primarily be used for. What does this aircraft hold for the future and what trainers are it supposed to replace?

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 12:56 AM
link   
You knew China almost have no more advanced trainerjet unless K-8 just eas a middle trainer.
most of training mission of fighter was through twin-seat fighter. So I think all of the twin-seat fighter will be replaced. Even K-8 trainer

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 04:41 PM
link   
L-15's first prototype is already constructed and under tests, it will be one of the world's most advanced LIFTs. (The pic you see is the all metal mockup).

If you look closely, it doesn't look anything like an F-16, the Korean T-50 looks like a F-16. (I know because I actually said L-15 and T-50 in another thread and got told by another person that they look nothing alike so I found some pics and saw L-15 only looks like the T-50 from the front and the T-50 has some definite F-16 traits).

China actually has alot of trainer jets but they are all specially made J-7s which aren't advanced planes by today's standards.

new topics

top topics

join