It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Unusually High Radiation Levels 10 years After Polynesia Nuke Tests.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Nearly a decade after France ended nuclear testing on Mururoa Atoll within French polynesia in the pacific ocean, unexpected high levels of radiation contamination is being reported. Up to five people a day from the area are being sent to New Zealand private hospitals for further testing for radiation sickness. France is being accused of covering up the radiation findings and the impact the testing has had on health and the environment.

www.abc.net.au
France conducted 41 atmospheric nuclear tests over Mururoa and Fangataufa atolls between 1966 and 1974.

www.greenpeace.dk...
It followed up with 134 underground tests at the same sites between 1975 and 1991.

Eight more tests took place in 1995-1996.

A commission set up by Mr Temaru to investigate the consequences of the nuclear tests is due to report next month.

However, he says the French Defence Ministry is refusing to cooperate, keeps secret files in Paris and insists Mururoa and Fangataufa are off limits.

Commission members recently went to Tureia, 115 kilometres north-east of Mururoa and the closest resident population to the tests, and found "very high levels of contamination" in the atoll.

"We need a neutral organisation to come to Tahiti and France should open those secret archives," Mr Temaru said.

www.pacific-promotion.com.fr...

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Well this really should not be new news to anyone who has taken an interest in the French nuclear tests in the pacific and the worldwide environmental ramifications of the tests.

Its sad that people have suffered in the rush for nuclear supremecy.....

RIP Rainbow Warrior...

Related News Links:
www.news.com.au
Earthquake Watch- Nuke Testing
Campaign begun 20 years ago by Canadians forced French to rethink nuke warrior fantasies
ABC News How Safe Are The Tests
Mururoa Case Study

[edit on 28-10-2005 by Mayet]

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Good find Mayet. Thank you.

No surprise, no. But sad nonetheless.

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 08:47 PM
link   
OMG!!! I knew France had nuclear weapons but in my ignorance I never dreamed they had conducted testing to these numbers.... 175 tests! And they may be the only member of the "Club" that hasn't tested on its own "native" land. I wonder what they learned and are so quick to keep secret? Did they create a super-dirty bomb? Cobalt cased? If so why in the world would anyone detonate such a thing. I think because such theories can and are easily proven on paper, so what other reasons could have produced such potent half life?

Edited for spelling

[edit on 28-10-2005 by Ikema]

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Some links below...it is a good subject to search google for..

www.ratical.org...
Links And Articles Regarding French Nuke Testing On Mururoa

In 1995 nuclear "device" detonation activities by the French government in their "vassal" "state" on the island of Mururoa in the South Pacific drew into sharp focus the fact of what is a fundamentally inappropriate type of "behavior" for such archaic entities as "nations" to be engaged in. Such neanderthal bumblings are about as extreme a valuing of everything anti-life and anti-social as can be imaginable by mosa and this ratitor.

Included below are some articles/sites relating to this crimes-against-all-life-on-earth series of incoherent and insane actions by the "decision makers" in the french version of the political system's Asylum Government.

pubs.acs.org...

new topics

top topics

join