It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop The Slander

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 04:04 PM
link   
hello, this is Crusader, I have noticed over my last few posts that fellow ATS members are getting more distasteful, and disrespectful in their approach, for handling and debating issues, on this board, whether it be ATS, or PTS. I find it very disturbing. I am also at fault with these actions as I have did one or two times. Could there be a genral consensous Skeptic Overlord, on this issue?

Thanks.

Crusader-fellow ATS Member

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 04:06 PM
link   
If you notice someone breaking the Terms and Conditions of Use please feel free to send the staff a note through the Help/Gripe function.

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 04:07 PM
link   
You could have a look at...
Back To Basics: The ATS Skunk Works Forum!

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Yea I have seen the insults, but it goes beyond that it's just the general behaviour Of ATS members? I pdid it once or twice, and i also experience recent attacks on my character as a member: Accusing me of being a racist, as well as my ethnicity, and also what is my agenda....

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by crusader
Yea I have seen the insults, but it goes beyond that it's just the general behaviour Of ATS members? I pdid it once or twice, and i also experience recent attacks on my character as a member: Accusing me of being a racist, as well as my ethnicity, and also what is my agenda....

I offer to anyone to read the thread you reference to make up their own mind:
politics.abovetopsecret.com...

Crusader, I happened to see statements like this:

You all don't understand this scheme don't you all? I will never accept, that! And you know what i will teach my children, Hatred, and drill them subconsciously, that they should love their own simple as that!

If you should see that TO OTHERS, this is a practicing form of racism, especially when you use the word hatred. You didn't say "I will teach my kids to love all people, but would want them to marry within and continue our own race." That is wholly different than hatred.

I suggest you think about how you might want to word things more carefully in the future. You can only be known by what you write and a statement like that (of the many, many statements made in that thread) can be taken at face value (if that is not how you meant it.)

Once again I remind you that twice in that thread you stated "a racist can't be determined by what a person believes in, but by his actions to go out of his way to make other people as uncomfortable as possible."

Well, frankly your actions (words) were demonstrating a belief to others and making them uncomfortable. I hope you can see that.

As for others, I would let them decide by reading that thread.

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 04:35 PM
link   

i also experience recent attacks on my character as a member: Accusing me of being a racist, as well as my ethnicity, and also what is my agenda....

I'll admit I was one of those who accused you of being racist, and I believe I stated my reasoning and the logic behind my "accusation" quite clearly. FWIW, and as I tried to point out several times in that particular thread, I was stating it based on the definition of the term and not in the connotation with which it's normally associated--you made statements that were based on racial characteristics, thereby they were racist. If I were breaking the T & C, I apologize and the mods/admin can punish me as they see fit, no questions asked. All I ask is that the actual thread and posts in question are reviewed, and it's not taken just on my admittance here.

Aside from that particular thread, and even including that thread to some degree, I haven't seen anything major in regards to members acting hostile. No more so than when I first joined back in April at least--everyone gets their buttons pushed at times, and flames start, but nothing drastic lately. Just my opinion.

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 04:37 PM
link   
but everyone to have is own view. But why accuse someone of being racsit, even before I made a statement, like that, which was sacarstic... in a sense?

I know i will have to close this thread, soon, but I just want some answers

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Hey, and in no way will this be another drama thread of accusations...including by me.

I will make it clear.

I do not think you wrote exactly as you could explain the same ideals in real life. I don't think you meant things exactly as they came across.

IF there is a lesson here, its that the written word can be mistaken by BOTH the writer AND the reader. Intention and emotion meant can be COMPLETELY MISSED by the reader.

Trust me folks. I took a whole class on this for corporate email writing.

All in all I say just relax and pick a new subject. Perhaps one day this subject again can be explored (maybe by podcast?) when the message can be conveyed properly.

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 04:42 PM
link   
How many times have we had drama events. Just send a complain in and the administration will handle it. They always do.

Is this going to turn into a 645 posts chuck full of drama again? I sure hope not.

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 04:43 PM
link   

But why accuse someone of being racsit, even before I made a statement, like that, which was sacarstic... in a sense?

I gave my reasoning for doing so in that thread, and even in my previous post in this thread (albeit with less detail.) It wasn't based on any one statement in particular, it was based on various statements you made in regards to that topic, which were statements pertaining to and separating people by race--therefore, they were racist statements.

If you would like any further clarification from my part, feel free to U2U me.

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 04:47 PM
link   

hello, this is Crusader, I have noticed over my last few posts that fellow ATS members are getting more distasteful, and disrespectful in their approach, for handling and debating issues, on this board, whether it be ATS, or PTS. I find it very disturbing. I am also at fault with these actions as I have did one or two times. Could there be a genral consensous Skeptic Overlord, on this issue?

Thanks.

Crusader-fellow ATS Member

thats the pot calling the kettle black (no pun intended).

you dont think the mods have been watching the thread in question? you think maybe their inaction means that maybe you should read some of your own posts and realize how hateful they actually are, and that maybe the retaliation your getting may be deserved?

i quit the thread because of your hateful and close minded responses. i have no doubt the mods see the same thing.

not a sermon, just a thought.

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 05:01 PM
link   

but everyone to have is own view. But why accuse someone of being racsit, even before I made a statement, like that, which was sacarstic... in a sense?

I know i will have to close this thread, soon, but I just want some answers

My guess (because I think you truly want an answer)?
Its a double standard that seems to exist in racial discussions.

Basic Example (the best I have at the moment):

There is a Black Entertainment Television station (BET)
Could there be a White Entertainment Television without racial accusations?

When whites want to keep their race clean they are racist (in 99% of discussions) and you are victim of the reverse here as a black man wanting to keep your race "pure.'

You just HAVE to understand that MOST people in this world will just not understand that position. Period.

Now of course this argument could get long and deep involving semantics and meaning.
We DO NOT need to get into any of that here.

The bigger dynamic here is that both sides (it could be any disagreement at all) feels the need to talk...

and talking so much only blocks any listening that should/could be done.

Anyway, my only point is that the dynamics of discussion are more of a culprit to disaster here than anything. My recommendation? Take a break.

[edit on 28-10-2005 by ZeddicusZulZorander]

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 05:03 PM
link   
PS: Closing this thread.

Further comments?
Feel free to u2u myself or anothe Moderator and/or submit a Complaint.

new topics

top topics

join