It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Quake Copters May Be Grounded

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Due to a lack of funding, the U.N. may have to ground helicopters allocated to the quake relief operations, a move that could mean starvation and death for thousands of children in the effected areas.

edition.cnn.com
"When the money runs out, the choppers stay on the ground and that's what's going to start happening in the next couple of days," Reuters news agency quoted Robert Smith, financial expert at the U.N.'s leading disaster-relief body, the Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA), as saying.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

The desperation of the people in need is extremely serious, and i don't take that lightly at all. However, on the very same page this story was posted, was a much larger story with the following headline:

"$1.8bn 'diverted' to Iraqi regime" (linked below)

It seems to me that if the U.N could insure that Saddam got his bribe money, they could certainly find the money to keep humanitarian aircraft flying over a devistated area of the world. Maybe if a few of the officials and their families members who, with the help of Saddam, pocketed millions of dollars from the mouths of hungry Iraqi children reached into their own pockets, the operation could continue, and the lives of countless other children could be saved. Seems like a good penance to me, anyway.

Related News Links:
edition.cnn.com

[edit on 28-10-2005 by snafu7700]

[edit on 28-10-2005 by snafu7700]

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Sure the UN could do that. Whats the upside of it for them?? They already proved that their nothing but greedy bastards interested only in areas that line their pockets.

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 01:08 AM
link   
does anyone know why does my submission not have my name by it? my first one....is this normal?

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Members vote whether your submission will become a post to ATSNN. Your member name will not be displayed until voted in, to avoid bias, etc.

Edit to add a hint on grammer, Intro-effected, affected

[edit on 28-10-2005 by Journey]

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Might wanna fix your title too.

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 08:01 AM
link   
How can the UN possibly run out of money for anything??? Take money from anywhere else and use it for emergency releif of this disaster.

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 08:03 AM
link   
depopulation in process...please be patient and wait in line while NWO terminates the poor, sick and helpless first

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 01:29 PM
link   
We as in the US really needs to step up to plate here. I know we've already donated fairly well IMO, but here is our big chance to show the Pakistani people who has a bad opinion of the US that we really care. Not to mention to help our friends in the Pakistani government who has by far been our most important ally in the war on terror. We need to do what it takes to save lives and spread as much goodwill as possible.

top topics

join