It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Best way for capitol punishment?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Not sure if this is the right place to post this but this is the closest I could find. I was just wondering what the publics opinion is about capital punishment and if there should be a "pleasent way to die". My uncle was shot and killed about a year and a half ago, and the man that killed him is probably getting the death penalty...The ways I can remember of is, electric chair, gas chamber, firing squad, and lethal injection. I think maybe texas does hanging still, but im not sure.

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Depends on the crime. Your uncle was shot, so the guy who shot him should be shot. Shoot him in the head with a 12 Gauge Shotgun.

A woman boiled a cat to death in front of her kids. Her punishment? Feed her to a tiger/lion. Not because of the cat, but because she did it in front of her kids. Sorry but this woman did that to her kids, must not be allowed to live to boil them in a washing machine.

Get a torture/killer, torture them for a few months then when he begs you to kill him let him live until he starves to death.

Eye for eye, punishment fit the crime. But no, guy tortures/kills 50 people he gets to die peacefully in his sleep. Screw that, make him wish he never had been born and wait for him to beg for death.

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 08:39 PM
link   
The Bill of Rights forbids "cruel and unusual punishment," so torture is out of the question (you listening, Cheney?). It does NOT forbid capital punishment--just look at the Fifth Amendment, which states that you can't be deprived of LIFE, liberty, or property without due process. The key phrase is "due process."

That being said, any means that brings the condemned's life to a swift end is acceptable. The person does not have to be tortured to death.

As paradoxical as this sounds, it's because life is valuable that we need the death penalty as punishment for murder.

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I'll admit eye for an eye punishment does have a bit of a ring to it, however would we trust our government with that power? I dont trust any politicians with an extremely limited power, let alone an eye for an eye.
Looking at this holistically, if we granted them this power then all accountability is thrown out the window. I live in Canada, and responsible government was something we fought for many centuries ago.
We also do not support capital punishment, I am a supporter of it under certain circumstances.

To stay on topic though; If the government were able to use an eye for an eye approach in punishment, then the criminals would be on the wrong end of the bullet; Not to say they are not now.

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Yeah! I'd get a time machine and go back to Rome under the Caesers and shove hot things up peoples bums for any reason that took my fancy cos i didn't like like them or whatever. It'd be great. That is until they invented things like "morals" "ethics" and "Justice" and spoiled it for everybody. Spoilsports, idiots and snitches, the lot 'o them. I mean, I know best. How hard is that to understand? It's not as if capital punishment has absolutely no affect on crime rates.. is it? eh.. hold on...

[edit on 30-10-2005 by kegs]

top topics

join