It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RFID in Passports coming soon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Got a great story from ZDNet, thought I would share it here.

"Passports to get RFID chip implants"

"All U.S. passports will be implanted with remotely readable computer chips starting in October 2006, the Bush administration has announced. "

"In regulations published Tuesday, the State Department claims it has addressed privacy concerns. The chipped passports "will not permit 'tracking' of individuals," the department said. "It will only permit governmental authorities to know that an individual has arrived at a port of entry"

news.zdnet.com...

How soon do you think everything [including our body). will have a RFID?

Think it would be difficult to make it mandatory? What if, we became a cashless (paper) society, and the only way to do any kind of business would be with your RFID, would paper money go "blackmarket"?? Would there be groups of people that formed small "societies" and used paper money? Would they be hunted down? I see lots of good that "could" come from a RFID implant (lost children, escaped convicts, VIP's etc) of course no one could know where the impant was, so to defeat removal, but I'm sure that as soon as it became popular, there would be a flurry of "RFID Detectors" hitting the market. Lots of things in our society, are "mandatory" yet people still don;t do it...would you buck the system if it came down to mandatory RFID implants?

Thoughts?

[edit on 26-10-2005 by NetStorm]

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I think they are already deploying it.

DHS also is piloting RFID technology at five locations to detect RFID chips embedded in travel documents carried by international visitors as they approach ports of entry.

The tests started this month and are scheduled to last until March 2006. The project also will collect 10 fingerprints for first-time visitors and use two-print verification for re-entries.

See the paragraph titled US Visit.
www.gcn.com...

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Thoughts?

Well my first thought is that this topic doesn't belong in the War on Terrorism section.

I will never take a chip. Never. I would rather die fighting it.
People can't use paper money once they go 100% cashless, so I don't think that there will be undergound paper. But I think that groups of un-chiped will form self reliant groups, relying mostly upon trade or a form of communism where there is a shareing between members. Eventually they will be hunted and "re-educated" or merely killed. A revolution will form within and from these groups and who knows what will happen next. Sort of a demolishion man consept. Have you seen that movie?

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Halfofone
Eventually they will be hunted and "re-educated" or merely killed. A revolution will form within and from these groups and who knows what will happen next. Sort of a demolishion man consept. Have you seen that movie?

Eventually? Hunted? Reeducated? or killed? dis is the U.S. in the 21st century and not some kaka country dat have some religious hit squads goin after people who have opposing views.

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Not yet...

We are talking about the hypithetical question of what will happen IF the gov forces people to have RFID chip, nothing was said about religion.

new topics

top topics

join