It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's your worst household chore?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Whether it's "taking out the garbage", "walking the dog" or "bringing a video back to Blockbusters", everyone has some household chore that they hate. It could be vacuuming or sweeping the floor but you know when you abhor doing something.

I'm doing my most hated household chore right now....well, I'm taking a break from it right now.....I'm cleaning the oven. You know the smell from "easy off" alone is probably responsible for more lung damage than ten years of smoking cigarettes alone! Nevertheless, cleaning the oven is one of those dreaded tasks that simply has to be done sooner or later.

What's the household task that you simply dread and can only put off for so long before you simply have to do it? Can you top "cleaning the oven"?

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by benevolent tyrant
What's the household task that you simply dread and can only put off for so long before you simply have to do it?

Ironing, I really don't like ironing, the actual washing of the clothes is easy but ironing simply sends me to sleep.
Its the fact its the same thing over and over again, but it has to be done none the less.

[edit on 26-10-2005 by UK Wizard]

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 05:30 PM
link   
[edit on 26-10-2005 by TrueLies]

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 05:32 PM
link   
The very first thing I will clean is the kitchen, because thats just wiping things down and making it look at pretty and there isn't much to that..

I absolutely abhor MOPPING! Second is the sweeping, but I understand it needs to get done as we have two dogs and I don't like walking out of the shower and then getting crap on my feet.

Laundry is another one. Even though it's just the two of us, the idea of pulling clothes out and then folding them and putting them away seems never ending to me.

Especially when they're inside out.. too much!

sometimes i just fold them up inside out and when im on a cleaning spree i'll go and make it all 'better'...

oh and i forgot vacuming, hate it. but i like when it smells nice again... light some candles, dim the lights and enjoy a clean house... there is nothing better then that when at home.

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 06:51 PM
link   
LOL, "Wordt" chore?

I do everything, all of it. I have two jobs, not including my little tshirt biz im trying to get going, AND I do about 90% of the house work. I uess you can say that ALL of the chores I do are the worst . Sheer volume!

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I find getting up at 3 am and milking the cows invigorating as all heck.

Seriously, i am not working now and i dont mind any chores...I even volunteer my time checking on the horses next door...until i find a job in the spring i guess...I'm letting my hubby do the outside work for now.

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Cleaning out the refridgerator is such a pain. Taking out everything, bleaching, making sure the water doesn't run under the fridge
it just frustrates me!
How the heck does so much..eww..dirt accumulate in the fridge? I just don't get it.

Not on the top of the list, but still up there, is mopping as well. A dauntless chore with three kids and a white kitchen floor that empties into my backyard.

Dishes rank up there, but only if some ignoramus dudn't put water on/in them first.

Laundry is a pain, but dealable.

top topics

join