It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

“I think this is great time Iraq passes through. Thirty-five years we suffer. There is freedom now

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Iraq’s new government has overwhelmingly defeated the insurgency, as proved this past week, in particular on October 13th and 15th. What was so decisive about this past weeks referendum? Massive voter turnout with near total Sunni support, and most importantly virtually no violence what so ever. The referendum was a total and complete success. But don’t take my word for it; take the word of somebody who was there…

Taken from Michael Yon’s most recent dispatch, “Purple Fingers”

…I then spoke with Major Yayha Rasuruh from the Iraqi Army, who said that four million people live in Sadr City. He is charged with securing the 46th Sector, and said he took all fifty of his soldiers to vote, and he showed his purple finger proudly and said, “I think this is great time Iraq passes through. Thirty-five years we suffer. There is freedom now.” We talked for about ten minutes, and I asked what it was like to vote, and Major Yayha said that the voting worker made him fold his ballot before sticking it in the box. I laughed and said, “The worker was brave. He told an Army Major to fold his paper!”

Major Yayha laughed, “Yes, no longer afraid to talk with Police or Army. This is good change.” The moment was warm and fuzzy, but the true situation is not. There is little doubt that the people are getting more confident in their new world, but the under-theme is still Jungle Law. Major Yayha expressed gratitude to America for supporting Iraq, and I did not have the heart to say that many Americans are ready to abandon him powerless and adrift on windswept sands…

Read the whole thing

The day was so absent of violence, some ISF actually slept while on duty:

Here is a US unit in Karrada “combating” all the insurgent activity during the voting:

And to quote some stats from the article:
Number of attacks on polling stations last week: 19
Number of attacks on polling stations last January: 108
Number of attacks in all of Iraq during last weeks voting: 89
Number of attacks in all of Iraq during voting last January: 300

And you know what’s most amazing about these stats? The ISF provided 100% of the security; the coalition was just there for support. THIS, is the true victory: Massive voter turnout, under complete security provided by Iraqi’s. VIVA IRAQ!!

And one funny quote observed by Michael Yon from a US soldier that sums up the entire situation in Iraq this past week:

“The media is going to be very disappointed”

[edit on 24-10-2005 by skippytjc]

NR

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 09:56 AM
link   
man do you know how bad it is for U.S troops over there, what do you mean the insurgents are defeated and theres democracy in Iraq? right now 1,993 american soldiers are dead and your saying they are defeated, no my freind they are only getting bigger and bigger, i think your just isolated by all that bush propoganda, probably heard it from Rice i guess.

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by NR
man do you know how bad it is for U.S troops over there, what do you mean the insurgents are defeated and theres democracy in Iraq? right now 1,993 american soldiers are dead and your saying they are defeated, no my freind they are only getting bigger and bigger, i think your just isolated by all that bush propoganda, probably heard it from Rice i guess.

Im sorry the side you are on has lost NR, but eventually you need to udnerstand that your precious terrorists have been defeated. Its funny; the Iraqi people themselves feel liberated and are capable of governing and securing themselves now, but an armchair quaterback like yourself thinks that they have lost.

Dont worry NR, your freedom is comming soon as well. No longer will you be required to spread your governments propoganda under fear of torture or execution. Soon after Iran has been liberated from its terrorist leaders, people like you and your peers will be able to speak their minds freely. Dont worry mate, just hang in there.

NR

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc

Originally posted by NR

Im sorry the side you are on has lost NR, but eventually you need to udnerstand that your precious terrorists have been defeated. Its funny; the Iraqi people themselves feel liberated and are capable of governing and securing themselves now, but an armchair quaterback like yourself thinks that they have lost.

Dont worry NR, your freedom is comming soon as well. No longer will you be required to spread your governments propoganda under fear of torture or execution. Soon after Iran has been liberated from its terrorist leaders, people like you and your peers will be able to speak their minds freely. Dont worry mate, just hang in there.

LOOL funny guy, and how would my so called precious terrorist have been defeated?, you know as much as i do they are expanding, last time i checked there was only 1,300 soldiers dead now theres near 2000 so your calling that a improvement or something to be proud of? al-quieda is right there in Iraq and they are making it hell for your troops trust me, not that i support them but i can show you like 100x videos of road side bombs on u.s troops meaning nobody has to even do anything. As for Iran good luck with that because if you want to liberate our people than do it now instead of talking about the same thing over and over again k?.

Insurgency growing

www.cnn.com...

top topics

join