It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is light?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Sorry I don't know if this is offtopic technical question or religious lol

This may sound really simple but what is light?
Any light? What makes you see?

You turn on a light bulb or the sun rises ok I understand the source of light but what the heck is it?

Can you analize a light particle or light beam? I don't even know how to word my question lol

If you think about what light is, it is as if light is god? I don't know how to describe what I the picture I am trying to paint. Maybe if you could do a break down of light it would be the same as God?

Obvious at the same time many other things make up life water,matter etc. I guess I am just going for a direct source of God yet in the bible it says he created light so I know I make less sense the more I talk about it argh!

A never ending light source? So powerful you can't look at it plus it gives life. Also even when it is over china you still see the light reflect off the moon and well ever look at the moon, it seems to be a very pure light or color.. I donnu good thought I guess!

[edit on 23-10-2005 by japike]

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by japike
This may sound really simple but what is light?

Might want to check here, it's a pretty good description of light.

What makes you see?

Your eyes.

Can you analize a light particle or light beam?

Light isn't made of particles, light is a wave of electromagnetic radition that is visible to the eye.

EDIT, it seems I was mistaken as light can sometimes exhibit particle properties. Wave-particle duality explains it a bit better.

An individual light particle is called a photon, and can be detected experimentally.

If you think about what light is it is as if light is god?

It is as if everything is God
, but I think I get what you mean. White light is pure, clear, and yet contains all the colours within it.

[edit on 23/10/2005 by AkashicWanderer]

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Yeah you get what I mean! I was having a hard time spitting it out though heh

I now have a better idea of sun worship now or at least understand how the natural thought would occur to early man.

I always wondered about how the relation of Sun of god or Sun God may have turned to Son of God. I remember seeing a website on how it listed how many things were the same of Egyptian religion and the later religion of the Jewish people. Ever see any of that?

Sidenote since I started looking into religion and trying to find where I stand I have become addicted to learning about it! I can't seem to read enough and I use to never care about such topics! I even woke up early today before work and was all excited to learn something new! I know what I nerd I am lol. However I never wake up early for anything well unless it has to do with money lol I think the is a better interest than money though

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 05:30 AM
link   
I think that God is light.

I think light = love = truth, also--not that those things are God, but rather those things are God's character or nature. But I also think He is also All.

It's hard to explain, so I tried to keep it simple.

new topics

top topics

join