It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Email Stolen?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I did not receive a single email on my main account since Friday. I just chatted with Earthlink tech support and they discovered that somehow my webmail account was set to forward to myself (which is not even permitted if I had set up email forwarding on my own). My secondary address was fine and I was able to send and receive from that as well as send from the main address (using MS Outlook which is normally how I do it).

Apparently any mail sent to me while it was like this is gone, and I have to wait to hear back from the "engineers" on this issue.

Anyone else ever run across this or have a clue?

Thx.

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Now I'm really getting paranoid.

The email was fixed around 10AM and I average a good 20 - 30 emails a day, yet still no email. Have I been put on ignore by the entire internet? I know it's working, cause I can send mail from one address to the other now.....but someone tell me what could have happened?

Where did my mail go? :bnghd:

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 04:24 PM
link   
does anyone now your address and password because my email was stolen a year ago i just set up a new one and copyed my contacts over. goodluck with that lol

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by mik0001000
does anyone now your address and password because my email was stolen a year ago i just set up a new one and copyed my contacts over. goodluck with that lol

Not unless Earthlink had some sort of a breach

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Relentless
Have I been put on ignore by the entire internet?

This is the most probable explanation for your difficulties. Have you gotten this dialog box lately?

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Thanks Grady - it's about time someone gave me an expalnation.

top topics

join