It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is everyone's first memory? (oldest memory)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2005 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I remember going to preschool and a little girl saying that I said a dirty word. I don't even think I knew what a "dirty word" was then.

posted on Oct, 22 2005 @ 05:28 PM
link   
my first real memory is of sitting on the front steps of my house with my big brobby teaching me how to tie my shoes....big brothers are dope!

one love big teege!

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Trying to escape from my cot and getting my clothes caught, i was hanging outside my cot lol i believe i was only 1 at the time.

Ram

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 07:46 AM
link   
My oldest memory...

I remember when i could not speak my laungauge. The time when i had not yet learned to speak in words... I only made sounds.. Like very small children do.
My mom took me out - when she was walking - shopping, just about everywhere... And i remember one time... At a very very early stage - i asked her if we where at the big place... I meant a place in a city. wich i could remember from past life time...
I also remember it was only "baby babble" that came out of my mouth - wich was weird for me... I knew she didn't understand what i was talking about... Somehow - i knew what i was talking about.

Anyway - it has for some reason hauted me through my whole life. I remember my past lifes. It sure is a puzzle.

Something went wrong with me - During my entry into this world.. The time of birth... I remember moments before birth.

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Well my oldest memory is sitting on my grandfathers knee at his house. That is all I remember of him to because he died shortly after that...I'm not sure how old I was, but I know I could walk at the time.

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I have 2 actually. My first real coherent memory was on my 3rd birthday, i remember waking up from my nap and running out into the living room and seeing the back door open (we had indoor cats so the doors were never just left open). I went outside and my dad was back there building a swingset/slide for me for my birthday, it's one of my happiest memories too
. That memory starts my regular memories, i can remember everything after it pretty much. my first memory of any kind was of when i was at some kind of day care (i believe it was a parents day out kind of thing, not a regular day care), at a church. I remember walking in line on the sidewalk around the courtyard of the church and looking at the bell they had in the middle of the courtyard. i asked my mom about it about a year ago and she told me i wasn't even 2 yet.

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 05:21 AM
link   
starring wide eyed out of my crib into the dimly lit surrounds of my manger with 3 wize men stood over me bearing gifts.......and a donkey nearby, with my dad banging on about carpentrey and how my mum was a virgin?

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by optimus fett
starring wide eyed out of my crib into the dimly lit surrounds of my manger with 3 wize men stood over me bearing gifts.......and a donkey nearby, with my dad banging on about carpentrey and how my mum was a virgin?

LOL. Nice one.

Earliest memory:
Figuring out the the striped pattern on the ceiling above my crib at night was casued by the streetlight shining through the horizontal blinds.

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 11:24 AM
link   
In pre school (day care) I ran away (home) because we had a talk about strangers and how to stay away from them and not talk to them. It scared me so I ran home, I remember my mom taking me back and sitting on my teacher's lap and she was crying and holding me telling me not to do that again.

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 11:28 AM
link   
My first memory would have to be: Me riding down the hallway of my house on my tricycle and then accidentally saying a bad word. After that I said "I gotta get outta here!"
So I started pedaling for about two second then I was stopped. I turned around to see what stopped me and BAM! I was back handed.

Good times! lol

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 12:29 PM
link   
My oldest memory was of me waiting for my springer spaniel to come to the edge of the bed - so I could ride him to the kitchen.

I know it seems weird now but at the time I believed Humans had symbiotic relationships with big friendly animals and riding my dog to another room was not an exploitive thing.

The dog seemed to intuitively know my needs. (which was probably true)

Now my favorite slightly older memory was of being left at montessori the first time.

An "administrator" brought me a mixed group of powerful magnets and told me to explore their properties.

It was a very heady experience for me at the time, and I remember thinking what an elightened peaceful world we live in.

How naive I was!

I still love magnets to this day however...

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Hi All,

My earliest memories were from when I was about a year old. The first memory I had was of me pulling myself up in my crib and finding my balance so I could play with the keyboard that was attached there. I remember pressing a key and feeling happy that it made such a wonderful sound. I was so excited that I accidently let go with my other hand and fell onto my bottom.

The other memory of me at that age was at the dinner table. I was in my highchair eating, and my mom and someone else were sitting at the table eating also. My chair was pulled right up to the table. I reached for my bottle to drink some milk, and my mom spanked my hand and said "NO" really loud. She startled me, but I remember I didnt cry and I understood without her telling me that I was to eat all of my food first. I tried my "undertanding" out by slowly reaching for my bottle again while she talked to her friend. She watched me out of the corner of her eye and raised her hand, ready to hit mines again. I put it down, and I remember being angry at her for not letting me drink it because I was really thirsty.

posted on Oct, 25 2005 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Crying and bawling for hours upon hours at the top of the stairs because I missed my mommy.

She was away for 30 seconds maximum, driving the babysitter home. I was about a year old.

posted on Oct, 25 2005 @ 01:42 PM
link   
My first memory was seeing shops, driving along in my pushchair and looking in the windows, i saw the brightest pink sparkle shoes ever, and i screamed and screamed till i got them lol,

guess somethings never change

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 09:19 AM
link   
My first memory is about getting woke up in the middle of the night because the fire department was going out. Being that lil' twerp that I was, that fire whistle hurt my ears each time it would go off. Plus, where my dad was on the local volunteer department, he would go out right as soon as that pager started going off.

Wouldn't you try to cover your ears if you had a World War II air raid siren go off right across the railroad tracks from your house?

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 10:03 AM
link   
It's good to see I'm not the only person with very early memories. I remember looking through the mesh of my playpen and watching my sister climb a huge (3 shelves) bookshelf to get at a box of greenstamps. My mom insists that the stamp incident happened when I was about 3 months old. I think she misremembers. I must have been older, because my sister stuck the stamps on my face and arms and I remember thinking I could get mailed home.

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Useful 1diot
My first memory would have to be: Me riding down the hallway of my house on my tricycle and then accidentally saying a bad word. After that I said "I gotta get outta here!"

Same here, I remember riding around the front room at christmas when I was really little, for some odd reason I remember the front wheel perfectly, it was hollow, a really bright yellow colour and had a 1cm black rubber grip running all the way around the front wheel.

Those were the days...

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 12:29 PM
link   
My oldest memory is also one of my strangest ones and no one in my family till this day can make any sense of it. I wandered off down the stairs into our backyard and cracked my head open on the cement stairs. Tiny scar to prove it.

I remember the sound of the ambulance, the blood, feeling scared, I remember my parents arguing loudly about whose fault it was and my dad riding with me to the hospital in the ambulance. I remember the doctors and how kind and reassuring they were. Then I remember them putting the little mask thingy over my mouth and nose to put me out and telling me to count backward from 10, which I did. I vividly remember looking at the hospital ceiling and the bright lights hurting my eyes and having a nurse hold my hand. I remember the very weird feeling as the drugs kicked in and I drifted off. I've hated hospitals and their associated smells ever since.

I don't remember anything after that till until I was about 4.

Thing is, my mother insists it never happened - well the accident did, including my dad accompanying me, but I had that very day, just turned one - it was my birthday and no one was watching me as I learned to properly walk/run that very same afternoon. Which also means I couldn't have counted backward from 10. But I remember it. Everytime I try to talk to my mother about this she freaks out.

Strange indeed

[edit on 26-10-2005 by nikelbee]

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 03:03 PM
link   

The frog in my parents new Buick. I can still hear the screams!!!

:shk:

[edit on 26-10-2005 by dgtempe]

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 04:16 PM
link   
oddly shaving my dads moustache with an electric razor, after that his hair fell out, but i dont remember that.....
weird hey

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join