It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prisoner Sues God For His Misery

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2005 @ 03:44 AM
link   
A prisoner in Romania sues God for the troubles in his life. He says he paid God (cash or valuables) as well as prayers in exchange for promises of a better life. Apparently he did not get the life he was "promised"...

RIA Novosti: Romanian prisoner sues God

A prisoner in a Romanian jail is suing God, Greek state television reported from Bucharest Tuesday.

"God received different material valuables from me, as well as prayers in exchange for promises of a better life. In reality, this did not happen - I found myself in the devil's hands," the plaintiff said.

The convict is serving 20 years in the west Romanian city of Timisoara. He apparently blames God for the troubles in his life and wants God brought to account for failing to fulfill the commitments He undertook and for taking bribes.

The plaintiff said that when he had been baptized in childhood, he concluded a contract with God that had legal effect - God was supposed to protect him from evil.

In line with the law, the lawsuit was submitted to court.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Always blame someone else, it´s never your fault
Yeah, right... Blame God for your misery. How did he end up in that prison cell after all? 20 years! I seriously doubt that God told him to go invade any countries or something like that. I wonder if he has any witnesses. Can he prove it? Maybe his prison cell will get hit by lightning very soon?

posted on Oct, 22 2005 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Before you even begin to contemplate suing 'God' you've got to be off your trolley. Maybe this guy should be in the mental hospital not jail.

posted on Oct, 22 2005 @ 07:28 AM
link   
If this case goes to court, then the law is not only an ass but an incompetent dunce. I hate all this "must be submitted to court due to the rules", would be so hard to say "Look mate, you can't sue God, don't be such an idiot and stop wasting the courts time".

Edited for censor circumvention.

[edit on 24-10-2005 by Thomas Crowne]

posted on Oct, 22 2005 @ 08:01 AM
link   
I wager that a God won't show up at court in his own defense...

posted on Oct, 22 2005 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Not only can one not sue God (according to the laws of the cosmos)--neither can God be bribed or paid to provide happiness and whatever.

I guess he never heard the Beatles sing 'Money can't buy me love.'

Who could be the judge in such a case? Who judges a Judge?

posted on Oct, 22 2005 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Wouldn't you hate to be the deputy that was told to serve God a subpoena?

And if he doesn't show up, is the judge going to issue a warrant for his arrest?

Can you imagine having to tell God "turn to your left and face the placard toward the camera" for his mug-shot?

How about all the news coverage that trial would get! - I can see the helicopters chasing down God's entourage of black-limo-hummers on the freeway now.

posted on Oct, 22 2005 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38
Not only can one not sue God (according to the laws of the cosmos)

I wonder what would have happened if he had sued Satan...

The laws of the cosmos?

Can I get a copy? I would love to see that...

Urn

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by phixion
Before you even begin to contemplate suing 'God' you've got to be off your trolley. Maybe this guy should be in the mental hospital not jail.

maybe that's his whole angle, get his sentance lightned due to mental illness...

"I know...I'll sue god!!! that'll PROVE i'm freakin NUTS!!!"

god standing in judgment before MAN??? thats one helluva scary thought...

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I guess the guy has watched The Man Who Sued God one too many times.

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 08:17 AM
link   
That pesky God!!!

How will he take the oath on the stand though?

"I swear by Almighty Me that the evidence I shall give shall be the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth, so help me Me".

Also, it would be a right downer if He refuses to take the oath on the Bible, wouldn't it?

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Thats hillarious Leveller. Of course of he comes to court there he will have to come testify in the Intelligent Design lawsuit in the U.S.

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 08:52 AM
link   
As for the initial post.....

"Your honor we call to the stand . . . er . . .uhm . . . God?"

Okay? . . . Do you swear to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, so help you You?

Astronomer68:

[hypothetical] God takes the stand:

"Yes, your honor, I tried to tell Darwin that whole evolution thing was nothing but monkey business!"

[edit on 10/24/2005 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 10:09 AM
link   
this is the most stupid thing i ever heard hes goin to hell why would god want a bribe he created everything there fore why would he accept a bribe an from jus a normal european common that guy has problems probably goin to say god dosent exist after the court case cause god wouldnt waste his time with court tv i mean common its god ... praise the lord
thanks...ikillaliens

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 05:14 PM
link   
haha, chickenbollocks!
I guess, If the dude worshiped satan, he could come up with enough excuses of making a fool of himselves, talking about worshipping, and praying and using incentives as money. Pfff. prayers. If he had more money, he might get a free out of jail card, though.

Religious fools!

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I was reading a book once (uncle John's bathroom readers) while in 7th grade science and was reading the crazy lawsuits, this one guy was sueing God because for some completly idiotic reason and if he had won he wanted his former employer to be thrown in to hell and to have either his pet pigeon or his dead mother resurrected, crazy read but very interesting and funny

posted on Oct, 25 2005 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Maybe this guy just wanted some attention, well he's getting it.

posted on Oct, 25 2005 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leveller
How will he take the oath on the stand though?

"I swear by Almighty Me that the evidence I shall give shall be the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth, so help me Me".

*rolls on the floor laughing, wipes tears from eyes* That was so beautiful! You deserve an:

posted on Oct, 25 2005 @ 03:47 PM
link   
But this is Romania, they might have a different Oath there...

"I swear by Almighty Satan that the evidence I shall give shall be the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth, so help me Satan".

Sorry Romania. I honestly do not know how this works in your courts. No offense. heh

top topics

join