It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In Your Opinion.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2005 @ 01:13 AM
link   
HERE IS A COPY OF A POST i MADE IN ANOTHER SITE PLESE LET ME KNOW IF i IN YOUR OPINION I was on the mony or missed the mark.

Well were at this lets get one thing clear. I feel we need a little clarification so here is the dictionary meaning for conservative and liberal. you be the judge.

Main Entry: 1con·ser·va·tive
Pronunciation: k&n-'s&r-v&-tiv
Function: adjective
1 : PRESERVATIVE
2 a : of or relating to a philosophy of conservatism b capitalized : of or constituting a political party professing the principles of conservatism : as (1) : of or constituting a party of the United Kingdom advocating support of established institutions (2) : PROGRESSIVE CONSERVATIVE
3 a : tending or disposed to maintain existing views, conditions, or institutions : TRADITIONAL b : marked by moderation or caution c : marked by or relating to traditional norms of taste, elegance, style, or manners
4 : of or relating to Conservative Judaism
- con·ser·va·tive·ly adverb
- con·ser·va·tive·ness noun

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Main Entry: 1lib·er·al
Pronunciation: 'li-b(&-)r&l
Function: adjective
Etymology: Middle English, from Middle French, from Latin liberalis suitable for a freeman, generous, from liber free; perhaps akin to Old English lEodan to grow, Greek eleutheros free
1 a : of, relating to, or based on the liberal arts b archaic : of or befitting a man of free birth
2 a : marked by generosity : OPENHANDED b : given or provided in a generous and openhanded way c : AMPLE, FULL
3 : not literal or strict : LOOSE
4: BROAD-MINDED; especially : not bound by authoritarianism, orthodoxy, or traditional forms
5a : of, favoring, or based upon the principles of liberalism b capitalized : of or constituting a political party advocating or associated with the principles of political liberalism; especially : of or constituting a political party in the United Kingdom associated with ideals of individual especially economic freedom, greater individual participation in government, and constitutional, political, and administrative reforms designed to secure these objectives- lib·er·al·ly /-b(&-)r&-lE/ adverb
- lib·er·al·ness noun
synonyms LIBERAL, GENEROUS, BOUNTIFUL, MUNIFICENT mean giving or given freely and unstintingly. LIBERAL suggests openhandedness in the giver and largeness in the thing or amount given . GENEROUS stresses warmhearted readiness to give more than size or importance of the gift . BOUNTIFUL suggests lavish, unremitting giving or providing . MUNIFICENT suggests a scale of giving appropriate to lords or princes .

I am not a liberal nor a conservative i am what is called a Tory Democrat. That set aside just because somebody has a new idea doesn't make them a bad person. After all what else are you suppose to do when the traditional has not worked.

It was a new idea that this country was based on. "OH MY GOD YOU MEAN TO SAY THAT THIS COUNTRY WAS BASED ON A NEW IDEA."

Yes a new idea. A extremely liberal idea, and it turned out pretty well. The GOP will have you believe anything that is new or different is a very bad thing. Well lets think about all the old that doesn't work anymore.

UM ok so the old doesn't work anymore so lets blame it on the Liberals, lets blame it on the conservative, lets blame it on everybody else. We need to pull our heads out of our A$$ and stop blaming and start fixing. It makes no difference weather its a liberal idea or a conservative idea. All that counts is does it work.

The first step needs to be thinking thru our actions before we do them. The rest will fall into place. Its the same thing we try to teach our children.

I still think the president is a fliping moron who cant think his way out of a wet paper bag, I no longer think that he is solely responsible for the lack of inaction with the Katrina crisis. Saying he is solely responsible is giving him way to much credit.

What prompted this trip to the soap box is the comment quoted above. about Dems. As I stayed I am not a liberal democrat. I am not a conservative democrat. I am however getting really sick of all the insults to the Democratic party. Here is a really big wake up call. The republicans have more crack pots in there party then the dems. Do I insult the whole party because of that, NO. If I have a problem with the somebody in the republican party such as the moron president, I name him. I don't drag the whole party into it. When you drag the whole party into it, it is called stereo typing and steroe typing is wrong. I step down now and awate the BS I usually get when I dare post.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes I know that (name withheld) named the psyco waco govener herself But I'm really getting sick of the stereo typing. I ment no offense to anyone, and if you chose to take offense to my post I'm sorry and get over it.

The opinions expressed in this post our mine and bud light's alone. no animals were harmed in the making of this post.

A tory dem is
a political philosophy advocating preservation of established institutions and traditional principles combined with political democracy and a social and economic program designed to benefit the common man

[edit on 22-10-2005 by John bull 1]

posted on Oct, 22 2005 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Now, IN MY OPINION, liberals tend to think that old=not good. Out with the old in with the new.

Never mind the "if it's not broke, don't fix it" adage.

Just because something is "old" or "traditional" doesn't mean it has to be replaced or updated or revised. Sometimes old is good. Sometimes it's not.

There are times where restraint should be exercised. Of course Bush wouldn't know the first thing about restraint, what with picking fights with other nations and spending like a teenager with a no-limit credit card....

join