It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

F-16XL...?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2005 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Is NASA going to keep the new F-16? I don't know but here is a link to some cool pictures of it.

images.google.com...

What do u think NASA will do keep it or let us use it?

posted on Oct, 22 2005 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Its only a NASA research plane, Great for testing concepts but not cutting edge for the military

If be let us use it you are talking about the militarty , If the military wanted anything NASA has it would have it. Military black project planes are far more advanced then any plane NASA has. Chanes are this wing design was tested years ago at Groom lake.

If you meant will they allow a civillian aircraft to use this design if they want on like a new concord im sure NASA would.

posted on Oct, 22 2005 @ 04:05 AM
link   
The aircraft was the F-16 entry into the competition which eventually ended up with the F-15E strike eagle

[edit on 22-10-2005 by Harlequin]

posted on Oct, 22 2005 @ 08:38 PM
link   
It was a Research plane. Dryden tested the Luminar Effect on the airplane. There were two ships built, both had what was called a "glove" on the left or right wings(I forget which ones had what and where).

Then the XL was entered into a competition that the F-15E won. So in the mid 1990's the F-16 XL just remained a test craft.

Shattered OUT...

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 10:48 AM
link   
This question has been addressed previously in this thread.

What happened to the F-16XL

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 11:13 AM
link   
The two F-16XL were used by NASA for supersonic laminar flow research and sonic boom studies.

F-16XL-1 (75-0749 / NASA 849) arrived at NASA Dryden on 10 March 1989. Currently in storage at NASA DFRC.

F-16XL-2 (75-0747 / NASA 848) arrived at NASA Dryden on 13 February 1991. Currently in storage at NASA DFRC.

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 08:38 PM
link   
interesting plane. Never knew there was a F-16 like that.

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
Its only a NASA research plane, Great for testing concepts but not cutting edge for the military

If be let us use it you are talking about the militarty , If the military wanted anything NASA has it would have it. Military black project planes are far more advanced then any plane NASA has. Chanes are this wing design was tested years ago at Groom lake.

If you meant will they allow a civillian aircraft to use this design if they want on like a new concord im sure NASA would.

So its NASA research pointless? I mean if all they research its already benn proven and use what is the point of NASA. Is it just and overexpensive research facility to cover up black projects?

I think not. I believe there is an incredible amount of DATA that NASA gives away fro free to private companies in order to help them with thir projects I also believe that NASA plays a key role in black projects having an incredinle amout of resources and brains in these fields. I guess NASA can keep thero own little secrets as well.

top topics

join