It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dreams and foresight

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 04:00 AM
link   
First off, I kind of hate posting this in this topic, though it fits, because I see so many...how to say....questionable seeming threads, at times. However, to you, this will probably seem the same, so who am I to judge?

Four nights ago, I had a dream. I had had this dream about three or four months before, or at least, a portion of it. While some of you might not believe in foresight in dreams, I have had too many personal experiences with it to ignore it, especially this time. So here is my dream:

The first portion I will tell is the portion I have dreamt twice. It is a sunday, and I am watching football on TV. Doubt that is signifigant, more likely just a representation of the everyday nature of it. It is dark out, night time I presume. For some reason that is unclear in my dream, I go to the window and look up to the sky. Overhead, passing though the cloud-cover (for it is a very cloudy night) I see some sort of fire passing over head, disappearing over the horizon, and I feel enormous dread. Moments later, I know before I even see it, a great firestorm is coming, and I must try to hide from it. I watch until it comes into sight, then I duck behind a counter, and then wake shortly after the firestorm has burst though the windows. In my dreams I think I will survive, though from what i see in the dream I have no reason to think that. Both times I have dreamt this part, I watch family members being consumed by the fire just before I hide, their flesh burning off their bones, though different family members in each instance, and in one, I think I might save one, though that is unclear as my own survival.

The first time I dreamt this, this was the entirety of it. However, when I dreamt it four nights ago, this is how it unfolded. In my dream, I go to bed. Asleep in my dream, I dream the firestorm dream. When I wake, I go through the day in fear, because I worry my dream will occur. That night, it does, just as I had dreamt. Again I see my family members burned, and this time I wake for real, rather than just waking from my dream dreaming, so to speak. That is what disturbed me the most.
Once before, I had a dream of a great tragedy. I wasnt even able to identify where or how or when for that dream, however, just the suffering of the people. I of course ignored it, because while i have had precognitive dreams before, they were always about things that were perhaps important in my life, but not in the life of anyone else. So I worry that this might be a dream of the same sort, and that the second occurance is a warning to heed this dream.

So what I ask of those here, is "can I have your thoughts, questions, anything?" I just feel as though I need to discuss this. I don't claim it is true; I simply fear it might be. I don't say I know when, because I don't. All the dreams I've had that were precognitive come to pass within a year, so I suppose in a year I might worry less. lol Anyhow, share your thoughts, and I'll answer any questions I can. Thanks in advance.

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 04:33 AM
link   
I have copied and pasted it in here, now i have wondered if this dream is more fantasy than forsight, but here goes..............

Reoccurring dream for the last few years....Other peoples experiences?

Ok, i know this is going to sound like your usual "fear dream" say connected to your subconscious, and emotions.
I not sure what to make of it, well maybe i do now since i started using ATS.
Because i didnt even know what NWO or illuminati was etc.
Even to this day im 50/50 on that.
Certainetly we dont know whats going on behind the scenes, thats for sure.

In the dream it does change slighty as to what i do and where i go, but the scenario is always the same, which is hard to explain.

Remember the John Titor posts? Probally a fake.
But where he descibes civil war, people taking up arms etc.
Its like that, where resources and few and far between, always hiding from the "Enemy"
This enemy consists of army like men, and also something else, not from this planet.
I live in UK so guns are around, but in the dream it seems that there are some around, but ammunition is another things and i am wary of not using up all me ammo.
Im not even into guns in real life.
In the dream i have a safe place that is a old empty house.
And im constantly always on the look out, not wanting to be captaured.

Now i know its just a dream, and probally is a fear of something in me connected to me emotions.
And nothing else, but im curious to see what you think?
Have you had similar dreams?
Now the dream did not feel like a personal dream, i had this constant sense that there were many like me, sometimes im in a group sometimes not.
Anyway its kinda makes more sense since reading some of the stuff on here.

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 04:51 AM
link   
I have had extremely similar dreams, but I just figure them to be subconscious paranoia. Mine too have all seem to have the same house in them, and if I ever see that house, I'll move far away.l And I'm the same as you, not really warlike. However, I just think mine are paranoia nad maybe a more literal representation of how I feel about society. Not to demean yours, and I do find the similarities interesting. Just that mine dont seem to have the same...flavor, so to speak, as those that I do think might have something to them. But maybe we're all just a little loony

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Interesting topic. I've had my own fair share of precognitive dreams, but haven't had one for months now. There was a point about 2 years ago when I was having them regularly, around once a week, but usually small things.

Anyway, there was an article in the Daily Mirror today about a man who's been having them since he was a kid. He's 54 now, and he has them so regularly and they are so (apparently) accurate that certain intelligence services are notified of his predictions. I'll copy an excerpt of the article:

"Chris has provided outstanding early warning of many terrorist activities in the past, especially IRA bombings," says Dr Hearne, a psychologist who's studied dreaming for 30 years.

Chris's gift, however, has been a mixed blessing. "When the dreams started occuring regularly, I swa my GP. I thought something was wrong with me and he told me I was mad," he says. "But I was saved by police officers and a priest who assured me that whatever was going on in my dreams was real, I was not mad."

"Now, thankfully, Dr Hearnes acts as an official, unbiased record keeper. He's got details of my visions going back 15 years and even spent six weeks at my house monitoring my brain waves."

Chris, an office cleaner from Dunstable, Beds, also sends details of his dreams to 'the Network', a group of 'psychics' based in Arizona. The Network is monitored by a retired US intelligence chief who passes on information to the Whitehouse.

British police too have been impressed by Chris's talents. Alex Hall, a former Detective Chief Inspector with the Regional Crime Squad, says: "Over the years Chris has convinced me of the genuine belief he has in his powers.

"We have worked together on a number of investigations and he has been able to offer helpful information in relation to major crimes and terrorist activites."

Chris says in his dreams dogs have come to signify terrorists, snow danger, and meat "dead bodies". Before the london bombings he had reccuring dreams of dogs in a tunnel. On July the 1st 2005 he e-mailed Dr. Hearne "Last night I was in a tunnel. There were two explosions, lots of soot and smoke. There's huge great big dogs. This could be London." He sent a similar mail on july the 4th, and was terrified and hoping he was wrong, but he knew on July 7th he was right.

Well, just a little extra to read on the sunject, I sure believe it because I've been there (not to that extent though).

There's also a note at the bottom of the Daily Mirror article: If you have psychic dreams, contact Dr Keith Hearne via www.european-college.co.uk. I'm not sure if any of you would be that confident in your abilitys, but just in case.

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 05:13 AM
link   
To channel and improve the ability to do so.

Maybe we are all crazy lol......That guy who could predict all those things is amazing, i have had other more personal dreams, that have meaning to reality.
I wonder if De ja vou is connected to remembering something but not knowing where youy got that information from is connected to dreams like this too.

Any comments ideas??

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Denied
To channel and improve the ability to do so.

Maybe we are all crazy lol......That guy who could predict all those things is amazing, i have had other more personal dreams, that have meaning to reality.
I wonder if De ja vou is connected to remembering something but not knowing where youy got that information from is connected to dreams like this too.

Any comments ideas??

I don't think they wanted people to actually use the site, just to get Dr Hearnes contact details from there, or so I assume.

As for de ja vu, I have no idea and it's too early for me to be thinking about something that complex
But I can tell you I have a lot more deja vu than most people around me, I have it at LEAST once a day, sometimes 4 or 5. Sometimes it's a bit creepy if it lasts longer than 10 seconds, but I usually find it fun more than anything. But there could certainly be a link between deja vu and precognitive dreaming, they are both things that I have had a lot of experience with and I'm certain there's something there.

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I think dreams are an extension of or consciousness. You can submerge your self in your inner universe or expand on to outer realms. It is not random brain activity.

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 12:02 AM
link   
I too have deja vu very often. I've heard it's just the LTM (long term memory) and STM (short term memory) confusing each other or something... I've never believed that theory though.

I often experience the same dream over and over again, or sometimes my dreams occur in the same place... yet, I've never been in the specific place before in my life.

On the night of July 6th, I had a dream that I was watching this large screen and on the screen I saw people struggling, trying to get out of smokey tunnels. I then woke up, watched the news and found out bombs had gone off in the London Underground.

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 03:11 AM
link   
saturnine_sweet it might be interesting if you could reveal what part of the country you live in such as New England in case anyone else in that area is having similiar dreams. I myself have learned that dreams can by symbolic. For instance I've heard that death might not be literally death itself but that a major change is coming. A dream of fire might be symbolic of a firestorm of change coming to an area. I'm not sure myself but this is what my thoughts on the subject are. Other dreams are simply your mind rehashing daily ideas out.

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 04:26 AM
link   
I had a dream many years ago, just an ordinary one in which I was a teacher and was marking a test. At the time I though just a dream, I’d never imagined I'd be a teacher. In this dream I ended up with a beautiful girl. It was a nice dream.

So here I am many years later, dream forgotten, an ESL teacher in Eastern Europe. Yesterday I was marking a test for my TOEFL students. The question was a bit strange, about "The whale’s inexplicable behaviour to beach itself (themselves was what they had to fix) .... etc."

So as I'm marking the test and came across this question, the dream restarted in my mind and replayed itself in a picture flip book fashion, all in about 3 seconds. I was rather taken aback and had to take a minute to compose myself. The funny thing is there is a girl in one of my classes that I really like and who I’m going to ask out at the end of the term. It all kinda freaked me out a bit.

Well I don't think all dream are future foreshadowing I think this one was. Needless to say that this experience has given me a confidence boots in my pursuits of this girl.

Has anyone else had an experience like this?

posted on Nov, 6 2005 @ 10:56 AM
link   
orion-
when I had the first dream, I lived in Maine. With the second, I lived in Texas. After giving it some more thought, I do agree with you that it might be symbolic. I didn't really think of that at first, because the dreams i have had that have been of future events have all been very literal. At least, those I noticed, I suppose. I actually thought about the symbolic nature when reading about avian flu, or all things. Imagine that. lol
Now what I find particularly interesting at the moment is that in the second occurance of my dream, I was able to save my mother, though she seemed to suffer somehow. My father, on the other hand, I was not able to save, and in my dream he accused me of not giving him the same "protection" as my mother. Why this is interesting now is because I am in Texas right now, as is my mother, but my father is away in Maine for the month. So, needless to say, while I am not really sure what to think of it, my paranoia is revved up nicely.

Also, thanks everyone for your thoughts without disdain or rancor. Uncommon on this board these days.

posted on Nov, 6 2005 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Its funny I have had a dream of my great uncle's house who was married to a woman who died on my birthdate I belive. Anyway I was in his house and found some secret papers hidden in the walls and my wife showed up but didn't seem impressed about what I uncovered. I than left and saw I was being watched.

Now I think about 22 days later my dream came true as I had an odd premonition on how I figured out the the start of the end involving aliens which would be = demons and you should not belive or submit to them or else it would be the same as going to satans side. Its all very crazy I know but heck this board and enough intoxicants will do this to ya. I do belive in premonitions however and have been seeing many signs. Anyway I did tell my wife about my premonition as well as real info I had obtained related gov. and she was not impressed. Very odd I didn't plan it and I thought of my dream after this happened to make the connection.

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I will very often (even more often lately) have a dream where i feel like i'm awake and doing things around the house or visiting someone and so forth, and about a day or so later it happens. I know how lame that sounds, but let me give u an example. About a week ago i had a dream, i was in my sister's house ( She lives about 3.5 hours from me near Albany) and everyone was getting ready for something, guests, a party something. My brother in law was on the back porch putting things away, then i went up to my sister's room and she showed me this hideous lime green outfit she wanted to wear, i advised her not to. . . then i woke up. A few days later my sister called me and said she wanted me to come up to here house for new years. So i did, and when i walked throught the front door it was like i stepped back into the dream. Including the hideous green outfit i had only seen before in my dream, only my sister had it laid out on her bed, and she was wearing something else. She said " i was gonna wear the green outfit but something told me not to, you don't like it do you?" that happens to me a lot.
i wish i had a more substantial example but i promise that was the scenario. I wonder what that is. Is there anyway i might be able to hone or harness this ability?

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Wow! I thought I was the only one. Since I was 10 years old (now 25) I've been having dreams about atomic blasts. As many as once a week to as little as once a month. The detail is amazing, and sometimes it happens to be the same dream. It REALLY used to freak me out! Now, it's to the point I don't even die in the blast. For some reason I have figured out how to survive them. They are still not pleasent by any means, but I have learned to live with them (like a bum knee). I'm sure it means something, just never been able to figure out what. Good luck with your own dreams.

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I remember once, I had a friend round to stay and the next morning, we were discussing our dreams and they EXACTLY the same. It freaked us out, obviously.

Is it true that if you die in a dream, you die in 'reality'?

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 11:33 PM
link   
I don't know if that is trur I have never died in a dream tho I should have died cause I was shot in the head once in a dream and I didden't die

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Woah, invincible! (said in an Arnold Swarzenneger style voice)

I had a dream where I was in my living room and I saw an absolutely HUGE meteor coming towards Earth, I was crapping bricks, so I hid behind the sofa/couch (whatever you wanna call it) and I survived!

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 09:43 AM
link   
well I woulden't say invicible but it was more like I was imortal cause I still had a bullet wound in my head I just didden't die

new topics

top topics

join