It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. planned to attack Afganistan months before 9/11

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 02:09 AM
link   
I don't think there's a need for a build-up to this little nugget. Read the story, see what the administration's intentions were, and read the date of the article.

The date is very important. Funny how things seem to work out, don't you think?

www.indiareacts.com...

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 02:33 AM
link   
I've seen this before and printed it out to PDF on July 5 2004.
I think I got the link from Whatreallyhappened or another site like that.

I didn't post it because I thought it was suspect.

The article is written by 'Our Correspondent' instead of a named individual.

I just checked the website on the Internet Archive after viewing this post and the furthest back this link goes is April 27 2004.

www.indiareacts.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">link

It's possible that they just never indexed the site before then but it makes it even more suspect when combined with the previous flaw about the name.

It's plausible that there were plans to attack Afghanistan before 911 but I would need to see more than just that website but of those two suspect areas that I just pointed out.

EDIT:

The rest of the site look legit but I'm not sure why that particular article was not indexed until 2004.

If you look at the Internet Archive for the rest of the site, it has archived articles going back to the year 2000 so that makes the fact that that the Afghanistan article wasn't archived even more suspect.

INDIAREACTS.COM..." target="_blank" class="postlink">Archive of indiaReacts.com

I really wish that July 2001 link wasn't down because it's possible the article could have appeared on there.

Perhaps it was ordered to be removed by the US Government and they were not given permission to put the article back up until 2004.

[edit on 21-10-2005 by AceOfBase]

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Sorry about the last post.
It seems it may be legit after all.

I followed the link from the November 2001 archived link and there was a link to previous articles on there that had the June 2001 article listed.

Indiareacts archived articles
(near the bottom of the page)

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Not just plans to attack Afganistan

The Bush administration made plans for war and for Iraq's oil before the 9/11 attacks, sparking a policy battle between neo-cons and Big Oil, BBC's Newsnight has revealed.

Insiders told Newsnight that planning began "within weeks" of Bush's first taking office in 2001, long before the September 11th attack on the US.

Source:
News BBC

Hmmmm...

Interestng no?

new topics

top topics

join