It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLITICS: Texas Court Issues Warrant for DeLay

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 02:36 PM
link   
The Travis County court system in Texas, has issued an arrest warrant for Tom DeLay. This is just a normal procedure; however Delay and his attorneys had hoped to avoid it. It is unknown at this time just when DeLay will surrender himself for finger printing and a bail hearing.

news.y ahoo.com
A Texas court on Wednesday issued a warrant for former House Majority Leader Tom DeLay's arrest, and set an initial $10,000 bail as a routine step before his first court appearance on conspiracy and state money laundering charges.

Travis County court officials said DeLay was ordered to appear at the Fort Bend County, Texas, jail for booking, where he'd likely be fingerprinted and photographed. DeLay's lawyers had hoped to avoid such a spectacle.

The warrant, known as a capias, is "a matter of routine and bond will be posted," DeLay attorney Dick DeGuerin said.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

It will be very interesting to watch this unfold and allow me to furnish some information that not been published in the main stream media.

In another twist in the Earle v. DeLay case, Travis County district attorney Ronnie Earle’s office staff admitted that they do not have the “actual list” of Republican candidates said to have received illegal funds from DeLay and his associates. The Houston Chronicle reports that Earle and his office advised they had a “similar list” that, ostensibly Earle and his office worked up.

Without the actual list of candidates who reportedly received illegal funds, the cases against DeLay, Ellis and Colyandro fall apart. With no true evidence, there is no case.

www.theconservativevoice.com...

emphasis is mine.

An earlier revelation from Prosecutor Earle’s office claimed that a list of candidates having allegedly received [alleged] “laundered money” from DeLay and two of his associates had ‘been lost’. In order to gain his second indictment of “money laundering” from a grand jury, Earle had presented as evidence ‘the list’ that Earle said he had received from defendant Jim Ellis.

It now appears that this list may never have existed in the first place. The only produced list is one of 17 Texas Republican candidates. Less than half of these are alleged to have received monies in connection with a “DeLay scheme”.

It also appears that Earle and/or his prosecutorial team may have been the creators of the list in question. If true, Earle and his team may be the next group to face grand jury indictments.
www.theconservativevoice.com...

Again emphasis is mine.

Looks Mr Earle better start packing his bags if the above is true.

[edit on 10/19/2005 by shots]

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 05:06 PM
link   
it doesn't really matter who Delay gave the money to since the Grand Jury is loooking at the step BEFORE it gets to the canidantes, that being specifically a political comittee he founded, that funneled money into the Republican National COmittee, then to the Texas GOP state canidates. It doesn't really matter who those canidates are right now, when DeLay has been found responsible for the polical commitee that helped launder the money.

The indictment accused DeLay, 58, of a conspiracy to violate Texas election law, which prohibits the use of corporate donations to advocate the election or defeat of political candidates. Prosecutors say the alleged scheme worked in a roundabout way, with the donations going to a DeLay-founded political committee, then to the Republican National Committee and eventually to GOP candidates in Texas.

The indictment accused DeLay of a conspiracy to “knowingly make a political contribution” in violation of Texas law outlawing corporate contributions. It alleged that DeLay’s Texans for a Republican Majority political action committee accepted $155,000 from companies, including Sears Roebuck, and placed the money in an account.

The PAC then wrote a $190,000 check to an arm of the Republican National Committee and provided the committee a document with the names of Texas State House candidates and the amounts they were supposed to received in donations, the indictment said.

The indictment included a copy of the check.

site quoted from

Nice smoke screen, btw But in this case it doesn't really matter who were the canidates that recived the money.

But DeLay is offically a criminal now. Even tho he said he did nothing wrong. But then again, who knows what his idea of right and wrong is.

here is another (although bias) website that explains the numerous other corrupt activites of DeLay

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Jehosephat, I think you missed the point here. They claimed they had a list and did not as they claimed. That is called reasonable doubt to any jury and that is all that is needed.

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by shots
Jehosephat, I think you missed the point here. They claimed they had a list and did not as they claimed. That is called reasonable doubt to any jury and that is all that is needed.

I have reasonable doubt to your sources frankly. I clicked on both and read each paragraph. Sounds pretty massaged, if not just made up. Nothing cited. Just smoke screen.

Oh, and since when do "conservatives" hate lists and Joe McCarthy so much?

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I guess when you are up to contributor status, there is no way to prevent bias and sketchy sources from entering ATSNN.

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT

I have reasonable doubt to your sources frankly. I clicked on both and read each paragraph. Sounds pretty massaged, if not just made up. Nothing cited. Just smoke screen.

When you put the offer that Earle offered and the two together it sort of makes sense.

Why would he make a lower offer?

My guess is he knows he has a very weak case

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jamuhn
I guess when you are up to contributor status, there is no way to prevent bias and sketchy sources from entering ATSNN.

The comments section can contain all the bias as the author wants. I assume you are not aware of that???

BTW it was not meant as biased it was just furnished as information that has not appeared in the main stream press.

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Why would he make a lower offer?

My guess is he knows he has a very weak case

Why did DeLay accept it as most suspect he did by signing away the statue of limitations on conspiracy charges?

My guess is DeLay knows he's a criminal.

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Why did DeLay accept it as most suspect he did by signing away the statue of limitations on conspiracy charges?

Probably because he and his legal team know something you and I do not

Knowing Earles track record from the past, Unlike you, I will take a wait and see attitude before I say someone is guilty.

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Knowing Earles track record from the past, Unlike you, I will take a wait and see attitude before I say someone is guilty.

Except you think Earle is guilty of something. But given DeLay's substantive track record of ethics violations as admonished by his own party he's not?

Regardless, your boy is the one doing the perp walk.

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Except you think Earle is guilty of something. But given DeLay's substantive track record of ethics violations as admonished by his own party he's not?

No I did not say that, what I said was I would take a wait and see approach, i.e, innocent until proven guilty.

Neither you nor I know all the facts in the case do we?

As I said I am not about to make a judgement in this case one way or the other until I know all the facts.

I will take a wait and see attitude before I say someone is guilty.

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 08:23 PM
link   
from rueters

DeLay has been charged with conspiracy and money laundering in a campaign finance scheme tied to his political action committee, Texans for a Republican Majority, or TRMPAC. He could face up to life in prison if convicted.

DeLay has denied any wrongdoing. He is accused of laundering $190,000 in corporate campaign contributions through the Republican National Committee for distribution in 2002 to Republican candidates for the Texas Legislature.

Texas law forbids the use of corporate money in political campaigns.

btw if you read the actaul inditment there is a list of names of the Republican texas house canidates that recieved the money. Those being:

Todd Baxter, Dwayne Bohac(?), Glenda Dawson, Dan Flynn, Rick Green, Jack Stick, and Larry Taylor.

So obvuiosuly the Grand jury was able to get the information from somewhere, and the lack of a list is pointless

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Why don't we wait to see Earle's witness list, including the hostile witnesses. The ones who won't want to admit what he asks them.

Then we'll see who was on the 'list'.

If you were making a list, you'd use your computer, right? Are they really lost or hiding in a hard drive somewhere?

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 08:30 PM
link   
BTW, does anyone know of any other states will a law like Texas'? Other states with laws that forbid the use of corporate money in political campaigns?

I'm getting curious where else did the GOP spread this to? Were there candidates outside Texas whose campaigns received contributions too?

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I like DeLay. I think he's a victim of GWB, who I think is pure evil. DeLay is a good guy of courage. He will stand for principle and commands a lot of respect. That's why Bush wants him gone. Same with Trent Lott. Trent Lott is a good, honest man and that's why he had to go also so Bush could put his mad scientist/doctor friend Frist in there. Bush only wants his Illuminati neocons who will do his bidding, not principled men who answer to their conscience and to God. I remember Tom DeLay did more than anyone to try to save Terri Schiavo. GWB and his wimpy brother Jeb were no help. Why? Because the Bushes are Illuminati, big frauds, not Christian at all, and have no patriotism or loyalty to this country. Bush is just itching to impose marshal law and usher in the NWO.

As to poor Tom DeLay, if Bush wants somebody gone, they will be gone.

I hate what's happening in this country. It's just like Nazi Germany. Why didn't people vote for Peroutka?

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 09:11 PM
link   
thank you resistance I havn't had a good laugh like that in a long time

[edit on 10/19/2005 by Jehosephat]

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 09:16 PM
link   
... (sorry, wrong thread)

[edit on 19-10-2005 by psyopswatcher]

new topics

top topics

join