It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ruins from Syria and Malta

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Hello all,
I'm looking for a bit of help with something I briefly saw in a book over the weekend. I was at Barnes & Noble and I was looking over a book who's name escapes me at the moment. As I was flipping through I noticed a picture of a ruin in Syria that I first thought was Mnajdra or Tarxien of Malta. The similarities of the architecture appeared to be very similar, granted I'm not all that knowledgeable about Malta or Syria so I could be way off base here.

Now what I'm getting at is this, I can't find any images of the megalithic structures from Syria that first caught my attention, and I can't find images of Tell Madick or Tell Murebut (both mentioned in my book of ancient mysteries, no images either).

Anyone know of ruins in Syria that appear to look like this:

I would like to investigate this further as I've noticed one or two other architectural similarities between the temples in Malta and Gavrinis Cairn as well as those Syrian ruins, but would like to take it one step at a time.

Thanks for any assistance!

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I think one of the things that is hammering your research is that they changed the spelling of the names... 'Tel' instead of 'Tell."

Can't find anything to help... but are you familiar with this megalith site?
www.megalithic.co.uk...

There's lots to explore there.

posted on Nov, 26 2005 @ 02:20 PM
link   
if you could update the pic i could help you out immensly, but it's broken

i'm working toward a docotrate in archaeology, and i'm specializing in sites in my homeland of Malta.

and props for knowing the names MrMysterious

join