It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ohio Police Arrest Woman for $1.16 in Unpaid Taxes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Source:
www.local6.com...

Deborah Combs owed the city of Loveland, Ohio, only $1.16 last year, but for the last five years she hadn't filed her city income tax forms . "What they've spent in stamps is more than what I owe," Deborah said.

Deborah could also end up paying hundreds of dollars in fines for the unfilled tax forms. Loveland City Manager Fred Enderle said, "Whether it's $1 they owe us or $1,000, it's not fair to the rest of the public to not pursue that person".

They did not arrest for not filing for the last five years, but instead for the $1.16 that was owed? I imagine the man power and paperwork that went into this cost roughly about 100 times more then what she owed. A Tax Taskforce?
:shk:

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 11:11 AM
link   
$1.16 warrants an arrest?
How sick is that? Meanwhile theft of millions by corporations go virtually unpunished.

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 06:24 PM
link   
i was arrested for not filing taxes, in springdale ohio(not far from loveland), for a year in which i did not work as i was home pregnant and with my newborn.....but they came and got me anyway. i sat in the jail for 4 hours filling out a return...:bnghd:

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 06:36 PM
link   
In America does your employer take a percent off of your pay checks to send away for taxes?
Thats what we do in Canada. Almost every year I get a refund because they got too much of my money.
One year I didn't file. I just did it the following year and paid like a $40 penalty.

How does it work down there?

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 07:03 PM
link   
you mean are our taxes taken out of our checks? yes. but you have to file because the gov't may not have gotten all of what they wanted in which case you must pay. but that's usually fed and state. each city or town can pretty much make their own tax laws. like with fed...i didn't have to file because i did not work or make enough to file. in my ohio city,you have to file regardless....or get fined and/or arrested. petty stuff. ugg.

posted on Oct, 22 2005 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I can understand MAYBE $1000, but pocket change? :bash:

I bet they don't mind if you don't file if they owe you though!

new topics

top topics

join