It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whos buyin the PS3?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Im not buyin it im just curious of whos goiong to buy it. I personaly don't think it looks all that good so tell me some of the features.

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 08:14 AM
link   
I no longer care about graphics in games. To me gameplay is the most important feature, that's lightyears ahead of graphics in terms of importance. Unless there is some really cool new games, then I will probably stick with the PS2 library for another five years or so.

Unless Konami moves it's Beatmania release from the US PS2 to the US PS3, I won't be buying one.

[edit on 15-10-2005 by Toxic Fox]

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 09:51 AM
link   
ps3 will own, not only is it uber graphics you must also consider the new psychic this will allow, thus making the GAMEPLAY better and allowing for more indepth games, also heard PCs shall be having pyshic chips!

but lysergic why not xbox360

I never liked xbox, I

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
ps3 will own, not only is it uber graphics you must also consider the new psychic this will allow, thus making the GAMEPLAY better and allowing for more indepth games, also heard PCs shall be having pyshic chips!

but lysergic why not xbox360

I never liked xbox, I

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 12:21 AM
link   
For me it wont be about xbox vs playstation. It will be Blu-ray vs HD-DVD.

HD-DVD has the support of Toshiba, NEC, Sanyo, and Microsoft, and Intel. HD-DVD will be in Xbox's corner.

Blu-ray has the support of Sony, Pioneer, Apple Computer, Del, Hewlett Packard.
Blu-ray will be in Playstations corner.

Blu-ray has more information capacity per layer, 25 gigabytes instead of HD-DVD's 15 gigabytes. However this will make Blu-ray's disks, initially,more expensive to support.

Just like VHS and BETA, what one will survive?

The Disk war is coming are you on the right side?

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 04:40 PM
link   
IMO PS3 is going to own all. Xbox is looking at some okay titles but I think in the long run ps3 is going to be the winner. Blu ray+Blue Tooth+all new physics+cell technology=awesome gaming system. Im getting a PS3...the titles will prolly settle this one.

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I'm definitely going to get one. not only is the line-up looking great but it has backward compatability with ps1 & 2 games.

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I'd go with the PS3; mainly because I don't like MS and I have PS2 games already. That aside, PS3 gives you 3 generations of games to play (PS, PS2, PS3), whereas XBox only gives you backward compatibility for a few games.

Then again, if I the time it took for me to get the PS2 is any indicator, I'll be choosing between the PS3, PS4, and whatever else is out by then...

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I'm definitely buying a PS3! But, as much as I hate it, it's safe to wait about 4-6 months before buying it for two reasons. One, they usually release an newer package with many bugs worked out...and two, the price may go down $50 or so.

And by the way, here are the specs:

CPU: Cell Processor PowerPC-base Core @3.2GHz

GPU: RSX @ 550MHz

Sound: Dolby Digital 5.1

MEMORY
256MB XDR Main RAM @3.2GHz
256MB GDDR3 VRAM @700MHz

SYSTEM FLOATING POINT PERFORMANCE:
2 teraflops

STORAGE
--HDD Detachable 2.5" HDD slot x 1
--I/O--USB Front x 4, Rear x 2 (USB2.0)
--Memory Stickstandard/Duo, PRO x 1
--SD standard/mini x 1
--CompactFlash(Type I, II) x 1

COMMUNICATION
--Ethernet (10BASE-T, 100BASE-TX, 1000BASE-T) x 3 (input x 1 + output x 2)
--Wi-Fi IEEE 802.11 b/g
--Bluetooth--Bluetooth 2.0 (EDR)
--ControllerBluetooth (up to 7)
--USB 2.0 (wired)
--Wi-Fi (PSP)
--Network (over IP)

AV OUTPUT
Screen size 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p
HDMI out x 2
AV multi out x 1
Digital out (optical) x 1

DISC MEDIA
CD
PlayStation CD-ROM
PlayStation2 CD-ROM
CD-DA
CD-DA (ROM),
CD-R,
CD-RW
SACD Hybrid (CD layer),
SACD HD
DualDisc (audio side)
DualDisc (DVD side)
PlayStation 2 DVD-ROM
PlayStation 3 DVD-ROM
DVD-ROM
DVD-R
DVD-RW
DVD+R,
DVD+RW
Blu-ray Disc
PlayStation 3 BD-ROM
BD-ROM
BD

[edit on 20-10-2005 by iceofspades]

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I gotta XBOX for christmas and don't play PS2 much, XBOX 360 for me, it's sleeker than the PS3, also what's up with the PS3's controllers!! they look like boomerangs!!!

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I'll end up with a ps3 though not for a year or so after it comes out. First I got to build a new computer since my labtop is starting to become outdated. Also like the first shipment of ps2, there will be bugs and the system will more than likely have problems.

As much as all the bickering between xbox 360 and ps3. They are going to be about the same price, if not the same price. But I personally like the games that ps2 had better. The only thing I never liked was the fact that FF10 was such a beautifully run game with the rpg system and graphics, was released in the first year, and very few games were ever even close to it.

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Hopefully it will be moddable too. They're probably gonna' be hardasses this time regaurding the circuitry and implement anti-mod-chipping measures. (I'm talking about using a Mod chip to play Japanese and European games, not copies.)

I wonder how long it's going to take before someone makes a decent mod chip.

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Yup, plannin to get one May 17, 2006 Which is my birthday
I have the PS1, and the PS2 cant wait to get the third

[edit on 12-11-2005 by Striker122]

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 09:12 PM
link   
so is this not a turn-off? or not going ahead ?

www.theinquirer.net...

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImJaded
so is this not a turn-off? or not going ahead ?

www.theinquirer.net...

I can't see it happening. I am on my 3rd PS2 due to the lasers dying. I don't want to go and buy every game I own If I have to replace the PS3....it just wouldn't work, they aren't silly....I hope.

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Although I no longer trust Sony at all after that incident with the trojans and the music CD's, that just defies nearly all business sense. People simply will not buy the system if they do that, and I think Sony is smart enough to know that.

As for me, maybe once I see something other than just power. I mean processing power is nice and all, but I'd like to see PS3 prove it's capable of doing something worth my time before I make the decision to buy one.

Of course both Revolution and PS3 are a good ways away, and X-Box 360 has a lot of time to prove itself. So it'll be a while before I make any final judgements on the best console.

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I'm an xbox person SO I'm gonna give the 360 a few months so they work out all the problems and hardware issues before I drop the loot...

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I'm gettign the xbox360 this year and like the ps3 next year...

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Im getting a PS3 as soon as it comes out

XBOX 360 does nothing for me. I might get a nintendo revolution as well if they dont cost too much. Not for new titles but so I can download all my favorite NES SNES and N64 games and play them on a console again.

posted on Dec, 25 2005 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Floating point for x-box 360 : 1 TFLOPS
Floating point for Plastation 3: 2.18 TFLOPS
Floating point for the worlds fastest computer: 36 TFLOPS

Playstation 3 is 35 times more powerful than the Playstaion 2

Man I just watched an hour and 30 mins of the specs, processing capabiliies, previews for games coming out, etc. Graphics. for Playstation 3

And i can tell you, I am DEFINATELY going to get a Playstation 3 as soon as it comes out.

I've never seen games look so good and physically realistic, the amount of detail.

Oh BTW...
Playstation 3 has standard resolution of 2000 X 1000 DPI which is the maximum that Hi-Definition TV goes.

Sony have gone all out on this console.

There's no way i'm even thinking about an X-Box 360 after what i've just watched. no chance in hell.

Oh yeah, and the Blue Ray hold 6 times as much info as a DVD

Trust me when i say this, blue ray will become standard just like dvd has done.

Man I cant wait ne-longer

[edit on 25-12-2005 by DaRAGE]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join