It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US troops 'starve Iraqi citizens'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 02:20 AM
link   
I was shocked when I read the following article this morning:

BBC News
A senior United Nations official has accused US-led coalition troops of depriving Iraqi civilians of food and water in breach of humanitarian law.

Human rights investigator Jean Ziegler said they had driven people out of insurgent strongholds that were about to be attacked by cutting supplies.

Mr Ziegler, a Swiss-born sociologist, said such tactics were in breach of international law.

A US military spokesman in Baghdad denied the allegations.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

He also said: "A drama is taking place in total silence in Iraq, where the coalition's occupying forces are using hunger and deprivation of water as a weapon of war against the civilian population,"

This makes me sick, what are they thinking? They can beat the insurgents by starving the normal population?! I think this will only increase insurgency!

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Why do people still listen to the U.N, Are you holding out hope or something?

I mean idunno if this allegation is true, But comming from that bunch? Id believe Baghdad bob, over these clowns..

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 02:42 AM
link   
So the UN is only good when you guys are struck by a Hurricane, is that it?

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zion Mainframe
So the UN is only good when you guys are struck by a Hurricane, is that it?

They arent good regardless, Besides anything they gave us we prolly payed for anyways, hell Iran offered aide, I guess that makes them angles..

[edit on 15-10-2005 by C0le]

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by C0le
Why do people still listen to the U.N, Are you holding out hope or something?

I mean idunno if this allegation is true, But comming from that bunch? Id believe Baghdad bob, over these clowns..

Strangely enough most people in germany didnt believe the arguements about WMDs in Iraq comming from the Us government either so why shouldnt this be true ?

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Who is this guy? The article doesn't say how he knows this, nor where he got his information. This is one person!! One person.

You are very gullible to be listening and building your opinion based on the 'opinions' of just ONE PERSON!

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by SourGrapes
Who is this guy? The article doesn't say how he knows this, nor where he got his information. This is one person!! One person

As I pointed out in the ATSNN article, there have been numerous reports of the US forces cutting water and electricity prior to and during assaults in Iraq.

UN Accuses US Forces of Starving Iraqi Citizens As A Weapon

[edit on 15-10-2005 by AceOfBase]

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fett Pinkus

Strangely enough most people in germany didnt believe the arguements about WMDs in Iraq comming from the Us government either so why shouldnt this be true ?

Just like they didnt believe the stories of jews being placed into boxcars and murdered in the millions?

And rather the people believed it or not, The german government never claimed Iraq did not have WMD prior to the war, They simply opposed the war.

[edit on 15-10-2005 by C0le]

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by AceOfBase

Who is this guy? The article doesn't say how he knows this, nor where he got his information. This is one person!! One person

As I pointed out in the ATSNN article, there have been numerous reports of the US forces cutting water and electricity prior to and during assaults in Iraq.

UN Accuses US Forces of Starving Iraqi Citizens As A Weapon

Numerous reports? Show me the 'numerous reports'. Show me something from someone other than Zieglar.

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Numerous reports? Show me the 'numerous reports'. Show me something from someone other than Zieglar.

If you hadn't been too lazy to click on the link you would have seen links to articles from Fox News and the Washington Post from 2004 that mention the water and electricity being shut off.

It seems to be a part of the US strategy for assaults in Iraq.

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by AceOfBase

If you hadn't been too lazy to click on the link you would have seen links to articles from Fox News and the Washington Post from 2004 that mention the water and electricity being shut off.

It seems to be a part of the US strategy for assaults in Iraq.

I'm not lazy. Show me the links that prove that our U.S. soldiers are starving the Iraqis.

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 04:31 AM
link   
It's not on purpose I'm sure. Not sure why anyone is having a conniption over this. Critics are just pointing out a natural and seemingly expected by-product of a "strategy" which includes drastic measures like blowing up 8 of the most used bridges in and out of Baghdad.

To control insurgents "freedom of movement" you've got to starve some babies, ok? Freedom on the march!

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
It's not on purpose I'm sure. Not sure why anyone is having a conniption over this. Critics are just pointing out a natural and seemingly expected by-product of a "strategy" which includes drastic measures like blowing up 8 of the most used bridges in and out of Baghdad.

To control insurgents "freedom of movement" you've got to starve some babies, ok? Freedom on the march!

Not on purpose? What you describe would suggest 'purpose'.

Our troops, they aren't the 'demons' you all would like for them to be. These are just 'good ole boys', people like you and me. They love, they hate, they live. They aren't the twisted human haters that so many would love for them to be.

They cry, just like you and me. Stop trying to make them out to be villians they obviously aren't. Doesn't work here.

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Our troops, they aren't the 'demons' you all would like for them to be. These are just 'good ole boys', people like you and me. They love, they hate, they live. They aren't the twisted human haters that so many would love for them to be.

They cry, just like you and me. Stop trying to make them out to be villians they obviously aren't. Doesn't work here.

I assure you I can criticize a strategy of isolation and restriction of movement by pointing out the obvious by-products on innocent civilians without intoning an unwarranted sense of evil, intent or frankly the required brain power for either on a bunch of teenagers just following orders.

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 05:13 AM
link   

I assure you I can criticize a strategy of isolation and restriction of movement by pointing out the obvious by-products on innocent civilians without intoning an unwarranted sense of evil, intent or frankly the required brain power for either on a bunch of teenagers just following orders.

hee hee hee, you are so funny.

Okay, I'll make this easy for you. How about you show me a war (on the 'books') that didn't show such a strategy.

Puhleeze, I'd rather work for my postings. You are too easy.

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 05:18 AM
link   
From the time I spent in the M. East, we have done some things off the record, but I have yet to witness or hear about U.S. military purposely starving anyone, including suspected individuals that we detain.

There have been instances when we were not able to get supplies (including food) to people in a timely fashion, for whatever reason.

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 05:37 AM
link   

pray that you're right, if you're mistaken you will experience the horrific effects of warlike conditioning first hand, ie. violence both public (at the state's hands) and private (by individuals). smaller conflicts (eg Balkans) saw increased domestic violence by 'weekend warriors' do you expect rapists and killers magically forget their newfound nature once they're back? most would probably control themsleves, but those who don't will be more than enough.

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Okay, I'll make this easy for you. How about you show me a war (on the 'books') that didn't show such a strategy.

Puhleeze, I'd rather work for my postings. You are too easy.

Am I? You just basically conceded war is hell. I agree. I don't see anything to argue about.

It sucks to be occupied.

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Am I? You just basically conceded war is hell. I agree. I don't see anything to argue about.

I'm so glad we finally agree on something other than my tatoos. How do you like your spankings?

-sour

[edit on 15-10-2005 by SourGrapes]

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 06:10 AM
link   
That's funny, the UN criticising the coalition for starving Iraqi cities. The UN starved the entire country of food and medicines for 13 years, all the while making billions off the Oil For Food scam.

It's a bad 70's cop show, the Coalition & the UN, good cop & bad cop. But sometimes they change roles just to spice things up a little. SPOILER: There are no real "good cops". Enjoy your movie.

[edit on 2005-10-15 by wecomeinpeace]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join