It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush Teleconference With Soldiers Staged

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Bush Teleconference With Soldiers Staged

WASHINGTON — It was billed as a conversation with U.S. troops, but the questions President Bush asked on a teleconference call Thursday were choreographed to match his goals for the war in Iraq and Saturday's vote on a new Iraqi constitution.

Much, much more...

And I found this on FOX!

Amazing reading!

[edit on 13-10-2005 by loam]

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam

And I found this on FOX!

Quack, quack.

You should have seen the press conference with Scottie McClellan afterwards. Even Carl "I'll Make Up Stories To Beat Kerry For You Mr. President" Cameron was openly defying the WH lines.

It's totally spun out of control. WH is free falling in flames.

They were practically throwing chairs by the time Scottie was accusing THE MEDIA as being the one's trying to make an unconstitutional religious litmus test for Miers.

I mean when the press corps is LAUGHING at you and FOX is in on the joke... :shk:

Quack, quack.

[edit on 13-10-2005 by RANT]

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Im shocked. Not at the fact that Bush stages these types of things, we all knew ages ago. I'm shocked at the fact that Fox is actually reporting it. Stating the obvious I know but still.....

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by sardion2000
I'm shocked at the fact that Fox is actually reporting it.

Yeah, that's how I reacted too. But I have to say the real question for me now (which actually has me worried) is why?

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Ooooh staged..so fricken what? All those appearances by Clinton on MTV and the "town halls" were staged and scripted. Name a situation like this where there isn't some kind of rehearsal? What do you expect? Why do you people seem to hold Bush to a political standard you don't hold your own loser politicians to? How about all those Sheehan staged photo ops?
You leftists are on the ropes and laughable. Your "leaders" can't even admit to what they believe because it is political suicide.
BTW Bush isn't running for president on 2008. Bash em all you want. I tell you this, the most conservative republican candidate will win the nomination and he will win the presidency by a landslide.

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 12:14 AM
link   

BTW Bush isn't running for president on 2008. Bash em all you want. I tell you this, the most conservative republican candidate will win the nomination and he will win the presidency by a landslide.

Who, Alan Keyes?
I'm not going to hold my breath.

And with Bush's approval ratings hovering around 39%, I wouldn't bet to heavily on the Republicans' winning streak continuing.

Of course, the Democrats have a impressive recent track record of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory, so it's anyone's guess...

As for the teleconference being staged, that hardly ought to be a shock after all this time. It's remarkable how transparent Bush & co. are about it, but the true believers lap it up like cream anyway.

Meh. More of the usual.

[edit on 10/14/05 by xmotex]

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Im not surprised at this. And im not surprised at the fox coverage. Afterall, if they didnt cover it, we would be here saying how they were the only network to not cover it !

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex
And with Bush's approval ratings hovering around 39%

Ah...speaking of which...

2% Of African-Americans Give President Bush A Positive Rating...

And,

50% of Americans Favor Bush's Impeachment If He Lied about Iraq...

EDIT:

Here is the 39% Number.

[edit on 14-10-2005 by loam]

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Im not shocked... Presidents stage these type of events all the time. People are selected questions are screened answers are prepared all in advance.

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 12:38 AM
link   
I should have titled this thread differently.

The *shock* is that it is on FOX.

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 12:39 AM
link   
and I want to thank apoc for comin here today and for all his hard work here on ATS.

And shadow, for his comin here and all his hard work comin here.

It's hard work tryin to remember all this script; wheres Carl, Carl Rove....

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Apoc
Ooooh staged..so fricken what? All those appearances by Clinton on MTV and the "town halls" were staged and scripted. Name a situation like this where there isn't some kind of rehearsal? What do you expect? Why do you people seem to hold Bush to a political standard you don't hold your own loser politicians to? How about all those Sheehan staged photo ops?
You leftists are on the ropes and laughable. Your "leaders" can't even admit to what they believe because it is political suicide.

Can you prove Clintons town hall meetings where staged?? any of them??..Guess what We can Prove George's Are..

It was labeled as a spontaineous event.....And they got caught on live cable TV,,,LOL........I watched it on NBCNightly News...but later when I went to there site the video of it had the right topic but the few paragraphs said nothing about the thing bein scripted....just the usual "the Iraq war is good and what they are tryin to achieve"...ect...ect...blah ....blah...

the White House lied, imagine that

This will further erode this administration trust factor. As it should.

peace

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 12:47 AM
link   
was flipping through the channels when i saw this i thought something was odd when i saw the president in a room with a big screen full of soldiers.. I turned the channel after i saw 3 ppl read from scripts... it was pretty obvious...

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 01:03 AM
link   

BTW as for the Republican conservitive winning Democrats have largest lead in Ten Years
American Wants a Change, and that change will occur in 2006, we are wittnessing the Fall of conservitizm in the USA.

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 03:21 AM
link   

I tell you this, the most conservative republican candidate will win the nomination and he will win the presidency by a landslide.

No, they won't. The reason why is that there are many, many people like me who decided to give the Republicans the chance to put some legislation where their mouths were. They had kept saying just give us the Congress and White House at the same time and we'll get some good stuff done.

Yeah, I voted for Bush in the last two elections. No Republican will get my vote in 2008. They have squandered their chance, betrayed our trust, and blown their political wad by demonstrating finally that they are pretty much incompetant to be in control of our nation. They have distanced themselves farther, and farther away from what the majority of people in this country believe about personal freedom and religion. They have shown themselves to be every bit as misguided and corrupt as the Democrats.

There are more people like me than you think, and we're pissed off. We don't support or trust either political party. 2008 should be interesting. Prepare for 3rd parties to make serious gains in the electorate this time.

As for the staged interview, well, if you were unaware that this kind of manipulation of publicity has been going on since FDR, I would have to ask what other planet you have been living on.

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 03:26 AM
link   
It always looks the G.Bush is trying to put on a good face. I wonder how much the officers he was conversing with actually wanted to say?. Bush is always going to put on a happy face even when our men and women are being killed. I feel that he should have let the group he was speaking with, speak their mind. That would have been hard to do with a "captive audeince" risking their necks for saying the truth.

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 06:49 AM
link   
First part of the WH Press Briefing deals with this.

Scottie never answers the questions about the staging. He accuses the press of insinuating the troops don't have thoughts of their own (or something like that), then goes on to say it was totally unscripted and troops could ask anything they wanted, and it was "very powerful."

Then it gets ugly...

Watch all 30 minutes if you like this sort of thing. You know, freedom of the press.

By the time Scottie trys telling Fox New's Carl Cameron that Miers religion and personal beliefs have nothing to do with her qualifications to be a judge, it's obvious McClellen earned himself a wedgie back in the Team Bush Broadcasting locker room.

This is why Fox is saying "screw it" on this lame duck Presidency for the most part and reporting on it as is for a change.

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Of course it was staged. It'd really upset Commander Moron if one of the troops informed him they need something like more armor, ala the question posed to Doctor Strangelove (Rumsfeld).

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire

BTW as for the Republican conservitive winning Democrats have largest lead in Ten Years
American Wants a Change, and that change will occur in 2006, we are wittnessing the Fall of conservitizm in the USA.

The most important election in my lifetime I believe. The 2006 Congressional election is where the two-party system does the big "check and balance". I've shared my opinion before on how from a macroscopic view we really only have one major party now with two factions (dems and reps) differentiated by their motivations in why they are trying to still our rights and our money...BUT on the microscopic level, the 2 party system DOES balance itself eventually between these two factions.

2006 is the big course correction. And it's definitely the one to watch because there's no way there CAN'T be a democratic landslide. If there isn't - somebody really is jacking with the votes.

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
If there isn't - somebody really is jacking with the votes.

And that raises the next interesting question.....Will there be? (Which, BTW, is the same as asking, has there been?) Without a glossy-eyed, complacent media in place, you can bet they will chase to exhaustion any such future allegations of voting fraud. Expect the Diebold issue to raise it's ugly head in full force! There is a topic I think has gone under the radar for far too long.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join