It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spiritual experience?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 02:44 AM
link   
This maybe to personal for some, as I have had some things happen I could not even bring myself to talk about. So I was wondering what if anything you would or would not mention and your thoughts on it.

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I think I know what youre getting at japike, a good friend of mine who assures me has been blessed with the spirit of Christ, tells me all the time that there are some things that he just cant explain in words to me or he is hesitant at the very least.

While I understand that I still am fascinated at what may be achievable and understandable when the spirit is upon you. Myself, I haven't read much of the Bible yet and I am far from achieving a level of spirituality like my friend, so I cant say that I have had anything majorly strange happen.

However, I was told that when the spirit is actively working inside of you that you get chills or a strange sensation throughout your body, well ironically around the time I started getting interested in all this probably a year ago or more, I began to have periodic full body sensations. Once every 2 weeks or so I get this feeling that there is some sort of energy pacing through my body, its very hard to describe. I must say its kind of scary, almost like panic in a way, my hair stands up, stomach feels funny, and I seem to have a deja vu like experience with my enviroment at the time. I tend to get it more in the morning and especially after reading the scriptures the night before, and the wierd thing, after it happening for so long...I can almost control it now, its as if I can trigger it just by imagining the feeling.

I would very much like to hear about what you have experienced.

[edit on 10/13/2005 by JKersteJr]

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Yeah let me tell ya. I never read the bible I doubt I ever will unless it is esoteric or gnostic related. I question all religions and have a poor view on how people view religion! Its crazy but the more I read the more it makes sense. I mean I have always heard people say oh Jesus touched my heart blah blah blah well I don't know about crying statues and harps and arks but I think there is a different side and purpose of strange happenings...

All I know is I have made some serious connections that are just odd! I mean I dig it but at the same time I am the type of person who question everything including answers. So it just drives me to try to make sense of it yet its difficult since I am not a type of person to find an easy answer for satisfaction of completing a whole if you know what I mean.

I have came to the conclusion if it is anything at all it is a somewhat slow but exciting process and in the end you have just learned more if it turns out to be nothing at all....

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Well I have a bit of a different method of the whole thing. How it all came was by questioning everything so with the basic question what is what?

Speace,stars,god,creation and how it works and will continue to work. I have always thought of this but never took time to think deep. I made a theory that within yourself you can find and learn more. Some people disagree with this yet I think it is very possible. If you have instincts you should be able to pull up more as far as God/Spirit/Soul goes. There is a big problem though from early years of life there has been a system set forth for you to view things one way which we all do including myself, so how can you get away from the system you know to learn something else? I have great suspect of a total disconnect of self which can be very scary. Some people meditate some people will naturaly induce '___' release in the brain. '___' is yet another thing very interesting. You dream due to '___' and when a person dies it is as well released. The question is why do you dream and when you die why would this release. Everything serves a purpose.

Ok well for a general idea of what happened was I kind of opened myself up to anything and had built a somewhat strong structure from deep though of what is possible and how things work, yet still being open to anything. Well I was overcome with a phrase of words and it was almost as if I had to type them down right away. I found this very odd! I spent many days thinking to myself "well have I ever heard that?" , "could it just be an old memory of something I heard" well I did searches google,yahoo,message boards and even did an IMDB search on all quotes ever in movies. Well I email a ton of people to. It was funny this phrase was found in modern poems all related to eternal life. I found that very odd!! However no true definition yet. So I emailed and emailed and this one guy I know that is just amazing with knowledge and with topics of religion,esoteric etc., He emailed me back and said it was in Gospel of Thomas. I never heard of the Gospel of Thomas so I read it and besides my phrase I made numerous connections. Very very very profound. Anyway I plan not to stop anytime soon. You give me a bite I want a chunk and so on and so forth. Plus I doubt everything like I said before. I always want more proof as such a subject has been always questionable in my mind.

This is just a small idea oh what has happened as I said there has been things I would not be able to repeat just for the mere feeling of people viewing me as insane. Which no doubt I am crazy but more of a smart crazy versus a crazy crazy. What ever the hell that supposed to mean lol!

I would be interested to hear more about your friend. Any specifics? Anything more than just an experience or feeling? Any thought of purpose?

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 06:13 PM
link   
My friend really hasn't relayed any specific occurances to me, just the fact that there is a spiritual realm if you will and its like a totally different world, I see the happiness in his face and the excitement in his eyes when he describes it as "wonderful" or "awesome". I will ask him for an example of something tommorrow morning.

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I've personally had some amazing experiences that I've rarely, if ever (in some cases), spoken to anyone about. What's amazing about most of them is that I didn't seek them, and it was only after they happened that I came across some sort of reference or scripture that made it clear to me what had happened. Various things--and a lot of the things spoken of in the bible I know did happen--because they happened to me, too. The language used obscures them, but it is impossible to describe certain events in any other way--and while they are not obvious to everyone, someone who has had the same thing happen to them suddenly sees it with exquisite clarity.

I've had a few dreams, too. Dreams from God seem to be presented with the same symbology in all ages--He knows how our minds work (since they are actually parts of His given as our life) and so communicates in a consistent manner with all humans ever since accounts were recorded. Trees are one example.

People seek for signs and they get tricked by the spirits which roam among us--they get the obvious type things that everyone seems to believe. But God only gives signs to those who already trust Him--they seem to be given as more of a reward or confirmation instead of an incentive to believe. Human nature is prone to believe everything mundane and false while scorning and rejecting sublime truth.

It's sad, but I don't think it's a bad thing--just the way it is right now for the purpose of the present age.

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Yeah dreams are crazy! It was so damn strange after this experience I have had dreams every night very lucid and I seem to be recalling dreams that I never remembered. Very strange I mean when the thought of the past dreams comes into mind I know I had it but never remembered it, if that makes any sense and that has not stopped happening. I was at work and kept recalling dreams from all different times in my life. I try to look at everything from a solid stand point like I said but still I don't know what to make of it.

You mention of scripture seems exact to what happened to me. Like I said I had an exact phrase which after a long time searching I found someone very experienced in world religion that new of the phrase. Well I read it and so many things matched it was odd to odd. Yet I feel it will take some time to compile to see if it means anything at all. However the phrase is one of the strongest things along with a very odd new perception. Who knows I could just be going crazy er crazier lol

I just picked up a few books today I hope I can lock down and start reading them. I picked up Bahir and book of creation! I read the reviews on Bahir seems good if I can understand anything..

join