It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Magic Woman (by Fleetwood Mac)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Has anyone ever heard any of Fleetwood Mac's very first stuff? It was early 60's roundabouts, sans females and total blues. Down and dirty original crossroads type stuff--you know, the kind that makes you wag your head and tap the beat with your whole leg (just like 'Blind Melon Chitlin' no longer could do. LOL)

I think it was Mick Fleetwood, Peter Green, Buckingham and someone else (possible McVie but I tend to think it was someone else) Of course Peter Green made the whole thing...

I have a double album of them called 'Black Magic Woman' (same one that Santana did)--I should go dig it out and provide more details, if anyone's interested.

I'm just wondering if anyone else has heard them..?

--and if you ever did, you'd never forget
*that is, if you like the blues*

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 12:19 AM
link   
I remember. Lots of whiteboy blues around then. I liked the west coast stuff but prefered Chicago ala Butterfield/Bloomfield. Great contemporary blues now, Los lonely boys eh? Good local stuff here in the enchanted land. You should have heard us at the Corrales Harvest Festival.

[edit on 14-10-2005 by whaaa]

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 10:12 PM
link   
How wonderful that you are my neighbor! And a musician, too, I take it?

I live in Carlsbad, so I don't get to Corrales too often. But I do agree--there is a wealth of talent in our state. And not just of a musical nature--artists, poets, writers, etc... I took piano lessons for 8 years and am learning guitar (sort of) and I like to sing. But I am no musician. I can legitimately claim to be an artist (a paid one) and a poet (published).

There is a magic here, I think, or perhaps it is as I read somewhere--that the clear sky makes this place a bit closer to heaven.

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38
I think it was Mick Fleetwood, Peter Green, Buckingham and someone else (possible McVie but I tend to think it was someone else) Of course Peter Green made the whole thing...

B.B. King said that Peter Green was the "only one who made ME sweat". He is beyond awesome...

The line-up for the (defnitive in my book) Fleetwood Mac line up was Peter Green, Mick Fleetwood, John McVie, Jeremy Spencer and Danny Kirwan. Lots of drugs and nervous breakdowns later only Fleetwood and McVie continued.

Check out "Fleetwood Mac's Greatest Hits" from 1970 (its got a live shot in red lighting on the cover). Like Queen's greatest hits, it could walk into any Top Ten Greatest Albums list! So many great songs "Albatross", "The Green Manalishi", "Oh Well".....

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Fleetwood Mac Forever !!

My Favs are:

Tusk
Big Love
You Make Loving Fun
Dreams

I just purchased a Mick Fleetwood Band cd - it's really good.

My G/F actually looks like Stevie too... ( bonus )..

top topics

join