It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Creation of the Universe

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 12:49 AM
link   
It is commonly accepted that Hydrogen produced the Universe during the Big Bang. What happened just before the Big Bang? It is my belief that an Infinitely Heavy Element lost its valence electrons sequentially because of an Infinite Force. This reduced the Hydrogen atom to one proton and one electron but with a force that equalled its reduction and that is equal to the force currently in the Universe. Chemists please enlighten me.

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Read Guth - they have models that work pretty well back to something like 10^-49 seconds. It's like an energy fart and from that matter coalesced as things cooled....

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 12:46 PM
link   
M-theory gives a plausible explanation imo for what preceded the "big bang". The collision of two 'branes' created our Universe. Takes care of the "something from nothing" paradox as best i can tell. Basically the big bang model does a good job of explaining the after and m-theory describes the before. Granted 99.99% of this stuff is way over my head.

When Branes Collide: Sciencenews.org

A parallel universe moving along a hidden dimension smacked into ours. The collision heated our universe, creating a sea of quarks, electrons, protons, photons, and other subatomic particles. It also imparted microscopic ripples, like ocean waves crashing on a shore.

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by superprivy
It is my belief that an Infinitely Heavy Element lost its valence electrons sequentially because of an Infinite Force. This reduced the Hydrogen atom to one proton and one electron but with a force that equalled its reduction and that is equal to the force currently in the Universe.

That sounds really, um, grounded. Any reason you think this, or are we pulling rabbits out of a hat?

On of the many current ideas is that of the Higgs. It's a good theory, popular, and one I like. Basically, there's a particle called a Higgs Boson, and it has a Higgs Field. That field can vary randomly in ways we don't really understand yet.

You can borrow energy as long as you give it back after. So, if you have nothing, you can create a particle then anihilate it, and you're safe. Well, in the beginning there was nothing. Then, BAM, a particle and antiparticle for a moment, then no more. This happens billions upon billions of times before a single Higgs was created. And after that happened a lot, one single higgs had a field that fluctuated so large it exploded upon our 11 dimensions to create the universe we don't really know and sometimes love.

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I'm just going to assume you meany, hydrogen is the most abundant element created by the big bang with the first thing you said, Privy.

I don't agree with the membrane colliding theory, or the theory that nothing existed, than something existed, I think that the universe has always existed, not in the same form, but has always been, and always will be, in different froms throughout its infinate lifespan.

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 07:49 PM
link   
How about this:

The universe as we know it began as either a fluctuation in another parallel universe, or perhaps even an interaction between two or more other universes.

String theory allows for an infinite upon infinite number of parallel universes of different "dimensional makeups". I would suggest looking into this, personally.

Also, your "infinitely heavy" and "infinite force" tend......imho......to lead toward a black hole on another level.......

anything "infintely heavy" should be more like a "knot" that exists within the "super-verse", as I so-call it...

top topics

join